Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game of Thrones Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kubla Kahn, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew that was Benjen Stark the second the cloaked rider showed up. I hope Jaime reconsiders and decides to put an axe through the high sparrow's forehead before he heads to the Riverlands. So sick of that character. And Tommen is a bitch. He's not a psycho cunt like Joffrey, but he's every bit as much of a pansy. Glad the Bran storyline is finally going somewhere. I think though, he'll spend the rest of the season drifting in and out of his time warp trips before he springs into action next season. With Dorne potentially invading soon is it actually a good idea for the Lannisters to send their army north? Daenarys is the perfect woman.

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Someone please refresh my memory on how Cersi caused this whole thing...?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

THE HOUND! FUCK YES!

4. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Cersei gave the fanatics the right to bear arms and appointed the high sparrow. I think their organization had been banned a few hundred years or something prior.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Besides the big John Snow theory any other fan theories the show can confirm outright this season? Just about got them all.

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Gotta say I'm enjoying this season MUCH more than the last few. I hope Olenna isn't gone too long.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No no no no no.

You do NOT finally bring the peerless actor Ian McShane, give him one episode, and that's it. Fucking cockteases.

Still, this has been a great season. Bronn is back, Clegane is back, the little girl who runs House Moormont is awesome.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was really liking the character he played too. In a sense this keeps with the show's theme. Never give the audience the satisfaction they want. Motherfuckers.

Season is coming along quite nicely. The climatic shit should start happening next episode. We all know Arya's not going to die, but Daenary's is about to meet the iron born, the Hound's attempt to forsake violence is going to last about that one episode and he's going to cut a swath of rage straight across Westeros, Jon is ready to march on Winterfell, and the motherfucking dragons are ready to be unleashed. I know stuff like this isn't a big thing to some fans, but I love the design they went with.

[​IMG]

That is one mean looking motherfucker.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder who killed the church builders? I though the BHWB was a force that protects the poor? I'm still holding out hope Davos is sent to treat with Wyhman Manderly since he is helping Jon recruit now. So much potential in that storyline.

10. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

How did the contract for Ian get discussed. "Hello Ian, yes we love you as an actor and would love for you to join us on Game of Thrones.....well....it's an interesting part.........yes you will get lots of screentime*cough*in that episode*cough*.....you'll do it....great!"

Of course we have learned as well that dead isn't always dead dead.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's just....ITS IAN FUCKING McSHANE. This show has snagged up a lot of great British actors, and many such as myself were anticipating when this would happen, it did, and he's dead in an hour.

Not to take away, it was a great character, and he absolutely nailed it like he always does (especially talking about killing the kid). And if this sets Sandor off on the kill-crazy vigilante warpath, then he truly did die a martyr. The Hound is a master of ass-whoopings and that's how we like him.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Here's hoping he has a twin brother that's out for vengeance.

13. Smatek1001

Smatek1001
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Cocksuckers

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man I miss that show. That movie cannot be made fast enough.

15. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who does the man standing behind her look like?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#95 Flat_Rate, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im not going to lie, I think Ayra's whole trip to Braavos has been kind of weak. They didn't show her advancing in really any appreciable way in becoming some super assassin or that she was ever really that torn up about giving up her identiy. The Waif also came off at sort of jealous, she was rough on Ayra in the book but ultimately helpful in her lessons.

Jamie in the Riverlands has really been satisfying though. Bronn, Brienne, The Blackfish, all good stuff. I wish they'd have kept the dark joke he plays on Edmure to help persuade him to turn over the castle.

Next episode should be the bomb.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They tried to show her identity conflict, especially with that play, but they didn't handle it very well. She's been in Braavos almost two full seasons now. Is that ultimately just going to go nowhere?

Meh, who gives a shit though? Not everything is going to be amazing, and there hasn't been any majorly bad plot spins like there were the previous two seasons. My only small gripe is that thus far this season has been very predicable, but episode 9 is where they typically shake everything up. I hope they get back to Dorne in the last couple of episodes. What happened in episode one was pretty significant, and they've barely addressed it since. I love what's going on with the hound. I think they're smart enough to not ruin his character by turning him into some fully repentant noble knight. He's with a bunch of aimless outlaws anyway.

I don't know if this stuff still needs to be spoiled, but just in case there's some people who only watch the show for now, but still want to read books.

Is Jaime and Cersei going to stick together in the show? Cersei is such an insufferable cunt, I kind of liked the idea that Jaime finally got fed up with her. Hopefully, the show will go a similar route, but just wants to do it at a later time.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Episode nine is the biggest-scale episode yet to be produced on this show. It's titled "Battle Of The Bastards". Hell yeah.

image.jpeg

...the season finale is called (wait for it) "The Winds of Winter". It has now passed the books.

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got around to watching the latest episode, so the Clegane Bowl has been cancelled, Lady Stoneheart didn't happen, Arya's storyline over the past two seasons has been a waste of everyone's time and my lame prediction was wrong.

It was still a good episode but most things people seemed to have taken for granted didn't happen.

At least we got to see The Hound take an axe to some poor bastards nuts.