Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game of Thrones - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Parker, Jan 30, 2015.

1. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, prior to the dragons being born, the red priests were all trained in basically sleight of hand and special effects. Then, all of a sudden, their fake shit started working for real when magic returned to the world. So they sent Thoros, because of course you send a missionary to the court of a major kingdom, but they didn't exactly send their A game. Thoros was a useless drunk before magic came back.

So I don't think Melisandre is BSing all that much with Stannis. I mean, she was trained in FX to help "spread the message" but I think she's a very true believer and, for long stretches of the narrative, she was the only one South of the Wall who had her eye on the main problem: White Walkers and their God. And with her powers now real, she has no need to BS anymore.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dem Tittays?

3. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fair point, some of her powers were there all along.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Last line of that episode:

Tyrion: "Umm...guys...I'm new here. Where the fuck is she GOING exactly?"

RIDIN DRAGONS AN SHIT THATS WHAT

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shireen's scene. Bruh.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was just about as horrific of a thing that you could ask for. The Onion a Knight needs to find better company, let all those fucks run off and kill each other.

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the trade off is Shireen for Roose and Ramsey, I think I make that trade. Still, though. That shit was awful.

#167 Jimmy James, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  8. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One time I had to hold down a baby girl goat and tattoo her ear and she screamed and screamed and screamed, and each successive scream carved a fucking scar on my heart, and watching this episode was basically that.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah damn burning a little girl to death. FUCK. Davos should have just given him Gendry when he could. I was on team Stannis but after that geez.

10. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

The writers said GRRM had the idea, but still, this is good. I've always liked the portrayal of Stannis in the show, but it pales in comparison to his depth and complexity in the book.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How about Jorah once again whooping some ass and getting back to where he was?

"Oh Jorah, I turned you away as a traitor, you literally fought your way back from nothing. Let's go ice skating in the afternoon tomorrow, ending with an uncomftorable hug goodbye!"

Let's face it, the dude deserves a mercy-screw after that. That spear throw was the cat's ass.

I want more Sand Snakes. MUCH more. I think I speak for many.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im sure there is some sort of clause GRRM when he sold the rights that he couldn't bad mouth the show publicly. I think it's a faux pas within the industry to badmouth the quality of shows/movies when so many livelihoods of the below the line workers depend on it. He has been cryptic in saying the show is the show and the books are the books. Im sure if TVI was still watching the show he'd have a lengthy opinion....

Im kind of digging the reaction shots they've been giving Tyrion at the sight of Dany and her dragons. Dinklage has killed the breathless look pretty well, particularly since his character is supposed to be so jaded.

#173 Kubla Kahn, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a huge fan of everyone trying to crucify the showrunners. These two guys were vetted heavily by George, they're working off his outline, which you can be sure is meatier than an a typical outline. They're not pulling this shit out their asses. According to the the showrunners, they're going to burn Shireen in the next book, if you watch the inside look on HBO, they said "When we read this part from the books, had to think how we were going to pull this off." I can't wait to see the next episode. Shit is going to be crazy. They have two more major beats to hit I know are coming and probably one more I don't. This shit should be exciting.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's much better writing than vetting. According to wikipedia one of them is most known for three or four scripts that weren't made and the other made, in my mind, the worst superhero movie off all time, Xmen Origins Wolverine. Their pedigree was not good but they lucked into a well written universe. Some of their choices have made me furrow my brow but the show is still awesome. I'd like to see if RedWitchGreatTits can pull another shadow out of her vag or if she'll just attribute some good luck to the Lord of Light like the leeches.

16. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, but was it going to be Stannis that did it? I've seen no reason to think so in the book and there are reasons to think he's not involved. In the book the guy believes in the rule of law above just about everything else and although Westerosi law is fucked up, he's committed to it.

In the show the guy is a religious zealot who seems to desire being king. They screwed up his character for no reason. That's what people are complaining about.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is the quote, and yes, sounds like Stannis did it. Who else would give that order? Melissandre isn't giving any orders not approved by Stannis, neither is Queen Selyse. Let's not forget, that Martin can spend 100 pages setting up for Stannis to do this, it wouldn't be that hard. He was also burning people alive on Dragonstone in the books before sailing off, it's not like he's against burning people.

18. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Book spoilers, but Stannis is trapped in snow with his army and Melisandre is at Castle Black with Shireen and Sylese so it seems most likely that Melisandre does it. But yes, we'll have to wait and see.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did they have to make Meyrn Trant that evil? I mean we know he's earned a place on Ayra's list but was a very minor character. Just sort of had to go super evil with the kiddie fucking. He should have delivered the little clam line to Ayra then they could have had her drop a line about taking his cockles as payment.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Well, he was the douche that enjoyed beating the shit out of Sansa. question: aren't the Kingsguard supposed to be the best of their kind? That guy looks as intimidating as a white funk band, as hilarious as Loras being a toughguy. I hope Arya whacks him quick.