Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game Of Drunks! 3/30/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

You know, I've begun to realize that I might be a little OCD. I mean, I don't have to turn the light on-and-off 47 times before I feel comfortable with leaving a room or anything, but I've definitely started to notice certain things that pertain particularly with drinking.

For some reason, the type of drink I'm drinking only feels right and tastes better if I'm drinking it from a certain receptacle. For instance, I find that beer just tastes better to me if drank (Drunk? Dranken? Drunken?) from a cold pint glass. Not just draft beer (though I love draft beer and this may be the reason)- if I'm at home and buy a case of Coors Light cans, I'm pouring every one of those into a cold pint. I don't know why this is- I grew up drinking cans/bottles. If I'm down the river or at the hunting camp or whatever I'll drink from the can all day, but at the same time, it just feels to me that it would be SO much better if I was drinking from a glass. I'll do the same with bottles and those new aluminum pints (which I love), too. Coors Light or good beer, it doesn't matter. I'm weird, but I'll do it all the same.

It extends to other drinks, as well. Wine can be drunk from a plastic cup, theoretically. But fuck that, if its not in a wine glass, it might as well come from a jug. Bourbon must be consumed from a rocks glass (Tervis! Woo!) or , if on the go, a giant styrofoam cup. Fancy drinks must be in highballs (TERVIS! WOOOOO!), styros, or margarita glasses. I don't care what yall say- I'm right on this and anyone who doesn't like it is a jerk, I say!

So yeah, like I said, I drink like a lobotomy patient with a shiny new toy.

That being said- big weekend! GAME OF THRONES PARTY WOOOOO! Even The Wife, who has never read the books, is excited after seeing season 1. Though, to be fair, her big thing "eees to seeee what happeeens to dee Dragoon lady! I love her! I meeeeess my sun and stars!". Anyway, I'm getting together with my buddy at his house to smoke meat and drink beer all day so that we don't remember what happens when we watch it, and therefore have a reason to watch it again the next day. It'll be experimental, too, as I've got some alligator ribs that I've never cooked before that I'm going to try on his smoker with a Caribbean jerk rub and a pineapple/jalapeno glaze to go along with all of the other stuff we are throwing on the pit. We also have a big hunk of pork fat that we are going to try to turn into cracklin, another first for us.

So yeah, as long as we don't get too drunk and burn our faces off on wood chips and rendered pig fat, Sunday should be a good day!

Oh, and apparently some of you heathens are meeting each other on Saturday night in Chicago. Just remember- yall try to go easy on the poor goats and livestock, and you might want to bring some waders, a pair of goggles, and a sling shot. You know, just in case.

Drew Brees!

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

All I heard is that it is Van Damme Friday, baby.

3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My girlfriend is sick as a dog right now and I've got a big event tomorrow, so I'm hanging home tonight. If Netflix doesn't have JCVD on streaming, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

JCVD is actually not a bad (faux) doc. Can't wait to see him in The Expendables 2.

It was 80 degrees last week and it's going to snow tomorrow. Fuck you March.

5. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Snow tonight in the forecast too. Balls.

However, the boyfriend ended up working with a Mythbuster yesterday, which is cool.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

JCVD shocked me how good it was. A truly dark arthouse thriller, and Van Damme was astonishing in it. It helps that he finally gets to speak in his native French language, and that scene where he pulls a Blair Witch with the camera is galvanizing.

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm off today with a very busy weekend ahead. I have about 38(possible exaggeration) loads of laundry to do today as well. Maybe it will be more fun if I make it a drinking game?

I miss my Moon and Stars, too. Rawr.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Drogo is the biggest badass in the history of television.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Three pump chump.

Also, this always cracked me up, I mean he NEVER lost a battle:
    [​IMG]

I can't be more pumped for the show though. My friend is having a viewing party Sunday I am going to. Friggin sweet.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a shame we don't get to see Bloodraven's day in the series. Imagine a Varys type Machiavelli character, who instead of being a fat eunuch is an albino who lost one eye in battle who commands a legion of archers. And is also Hand of the King. Of all the characters in the game of thrones universe, he's the one I'd least like to fuck with.

11. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Depending on your point of view, Drogo was either murdered by a sorceress or his own wife. Still pretty bad-ass.

12. rachiii

rachiii
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Have you guys actually read all four books? I read the first two, started the third, and then got hopelessly bored. I'm still carrying it around with me everywhere in the hopes that I will miraculously become interested again.

Also, last night I went out for $5 martini night with my girlfriends, which is not a genius plan when you have to be at work at 8AM. I did not close my front door last night, and this morning I left for work without putting a shirt on. Epic life fail.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny that you said that. I knocked out the first two, impossibile to put down, the 2nd one especially because you have no idea what the fuck is going on. Read the first 2-3 chapters of book 3, and decided I could take a break to finish Hilarity Ensues. HE is great by the way. I don't have some of the TM baggage a lot of other people do, I read it, I laughed by ass off, and that's it.

Busy fucking weekend coming up. Got a $20 drink-a-thon at 9:30 tonight. Then tomorrow night the FIRST Chicago Meet-Up will be tomorrow starting at 3pm.

14. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's Friday!

I feel like there's been sufficient time for this to be funny again.

#14 Frank, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There are five books, and yeah I have read them all. Aside from the giant mass of characters, I really enjoyed the whole series.

16. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have read all five. If nothing else, I highly recommend people read the first three. The 4th and 5th... have issues. Maybe the 6th will retroactively make 4 and 5 (particularly 5) better, but 1-3 are incredibly worth it and break pretty amazing ground.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Meh.
    I can't get through the first book. Everyone tells me it's awesome, I can't keep my eyes open reading it long enough to get a page under my belt. It just ain't my bag.

This book, however, is the shiznit. To each his own.
    [​IMG]

18. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they filmed this for HBO:

#18 CharlesJohnson, Mar 30, 2012
  19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I've also read all five. I actually enjoyed the 4th book, mostly because of the events occurring in King's Landing. The 5th book however left me disappointed and I felt that not a whole lot actually happened for how long the book is. I was especially disappointed with the Tyrion chapters. I know Martin really struggled with the 4th and 5th books so I'm hoping that the 6th book will return to the quality of the earlier books.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goodbye Chicago. Have fun tomorrow night kids.

#20 Misanthropic, Mar 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.