Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Funniest Scene Ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Ive been watching this scene for the last 20 minutes and I cant stop laughing. Its one of my favorites, and from one of the weirdest movies of all time.

Focus: Funniest movie scenes ever.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

One of my favourite funny movies is Best In Show.

I can watch that thing forever... and some of the best parts of that are Fred Willard ad-libbing so much of the judging:

3. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't feel like digging up YouTube videos (most of these are probably pretty famous anyway), but my top 5 are probably:

5. The General's Fried Chicken Commercial, with Dave Chappelle and the other characters watching it in Undercover Brother

4. Brodie as a contestant on the "Truth or Date" game show in Mallrats

3. The Bob Barker/Happy Gilmore fight in Happy Gilmore

2. Colin Hanks' character's family ruining his Stanford interview, particularly Jack Black coming out of his room in just his underwear and asking where his cup of piss is, in Orange County

1. Trey Parker and Matt Stone ripping on Squeak when he moves in with them at the beginning of BASEketball

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Arthur. When Dudley Moore falls out of the car. I can remember when I got a copy of it years later on VHS, and rewinding it over and over again, wiping tears from my eyes. (And, yes, I have the DVD now.)

Old School. The tranq dart scene.

Tropic Thunder.

5. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Really the entire first half of the movie:

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Peter MacNicol is perfect in this scene.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The lone biker of the apocalypse gets back to nature:

Jeff Daniels no-scopes Lauren Holly:

...and finally, the funniest scene of all time:

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

We've all had one of those shits.

One of my favorite bits from my favorite movie. And there's no chance it would ever be made today. Hell, if someone even wrote that script it'd be leaked online and SJWs would ensure they never stepped on a movie set again.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Birdy num num.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The urn scene from The Big Lebowski.

Followed by the ash scattering.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can just take ANY scene from "The Big Lebowski" and name it the funniest scene of all time. Seriously, I don't know how that movie could ever be topped.

And that's not, like, my opinion, man.

Fun fact: I almost went full Walter on the funeral home who wanted to charge me almost $2,000 to cremate my dad. I was seriously going to use that same line.

Anyway, since Kampf beat me to the punch, I thought "Burn After Reading" was a pretty hilarious movie in a nuanced way.
    The best scene, by far, is when Brad Pitt gets punched by John Malkovich. I must have rewound that scene for a solid ten minutes when I first rented it.

EDIT: Something that I think needs to be mentioned on this thread is when a person, whomever they may be, finds something that is mildly funny to be gut-bustingly, knee-slappingly, pants-wettingly hilarious, and they can't explain why.

I have a term for this, and it came from my ex-wife: a "Pay-Less Moment."

Back when I was still with The Ice Cream Cake Girl, we were watching Family Guy on Adult Swim after Li'l Bandit went to bed. It was the episode where Brian is having trouble controlling his bladder due to his infatuation with Lois.
    There's a scene where the whole family is at the grocery store, and Brian pisses on the floor, and Peter says "Where do you think you are, Pay-Less?"

This was the first time I'd ever seen that episode, and for some reason, I thought it was the funniest thing in the world. I started laughing. And laughing... And laughing...
    I'd catch my breath for a moment, then say "Pay-Less!" and start all over again. My cheeks were hurting, and my sides were cramping up.
    My ex-wife was getting freaked out, because she thought I was having some kind of manic episode or seizure. I just couldn't stop laughing at that lame joke.

Eventually I calmed down, and things got back to normal. I tried to explain to her what had come over me, but she just didn't get it (and neither did I).

A few months later, she started laughing uncontrollably at something stupid (I don't even remember what it was), but when she finally calmed down, she said:
    "That was my 'Pay-Less Moment.'"

Any of y'all ever have a "Pay-Less Moment?" Do y'all call it something else?

#11 dixiebandit69, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  12. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a movie, not technically a scene, but still one of the funniest bits I've ever seen

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the best part is that there is a 5 sec window where Amy Poehler and Aubrey Plaza try to stay in character but everyone else is off the rails immediately, makes it even better.

Family Guy became really popular to hate on as it progressed, but pound for pound it has some of the most random and hysterical humor ever. This is one of my favorites, and I remember laughing till I couldn't breath originally. Just the old-timey vocal inflections and delivery.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is one of my fav movies, one of those that seems to get funnier everytime you see it. I can't even think of just one scene.

In terms of quotability, this may be one of my fav South Park scenes ever. There is no good version of the full scene, but its so cutting, and on point to the topic, but just hysterical in delivery. Reminded me of Cartman's turn as a Civil War general "Missurah" "I hate you all, so very, very much"

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lots of good ones posted. I lose it when the tuba polka starts in this one.

15. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    OK, so this one is in a foreign language (to you guys). But when I first saw the film, which is called Poena Is Konig, where this scene is from, I had to re-watch this scene 3 times because I was laughing so hard, exactly like the Pay-Less moment that Dixie described. It's the exasperation of the headmaster that does it as these two have worked on his last nerve. I'll spoiler a rough translation underneath for those who are interested.

So the fat guy (named Vaatjie, which is pronouned figh(like high)-key) farts instead of sneezing, the whole seniors exam class erupts in laughter, the teacher sends him to the headmaster's office. Poena (Poo-na), his friend, said his friend sneezed through his asshole, class erupts again so the teacher sends him to the office as well.

The headmaster starts off saying he is looking so forward to the next year as Poena and Vaatjie will not be at the school anymore. The two idiots joke about missing the headmaster. The headmaster then explodes and calls them both jokers to the end. The head then goes on to say 5 or 6 years before, no students would be that arrogant with him, but that they now would because nothing would happen to them. He goes on to say it is impossible to maintain discipline in a high school without a cane. He then says the only way two bastards like them understand discipline is for them to be hit with the cane until their backsides burn, turning purple from the hits, causing them so much pain that they would be unable to sit, fart or shit. The headmaster then says that all that is not allowed anymore because they now have human rights and, as such, all he can do is attempt to appeal to them to behave better, but how the fuck can he do that? He then goes on to say human rights, the Education Minister and the Government can get stuffed. Fuck the ANC, fuck the flag, fuck soccer and fuck them too. Get the fuck out of his office, now.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are a handful of classic scenes in Half Baked hard to nail down my favorite. Still the funniest film, or most Ive ever laughed, at a movie theater. Chappelle also has some of the funniest skits ever on The Chappelle Show.

Also back in its prime The Simpson's had countless funniest moments ever.

From my favorite episode of all time Homer Bad Man:

#16 Kubla Kahn, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The hypothetical fight scene in High Fidelity was pretty damn funny. It's another scene that I rewound about ten times when I first saw it.

18. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Background: Kurt Russell's character is on a very platonic date with his new boss, the daughter of his late boss. Late boss' evil twin brother (same actor) is at home, watching President Carter's address. Kurt Russell and his cohorts want a commercial on national television, live from their competitor's used car lot. This ensues:

19. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If we're going to include TV shows then I will add in one of my favorites from The Simpsons. It's hard to pick just one classic scene, but since Grandpa Simpson is probably my favorite character then I will go with the one of his that is most memorable to me--telling them stories that don't go anywhere:

My favorite episode of Family Guy is "Road to the Multiverse," and I don't think that I have ever laughed harder at the show than when they entered the universe where everyone was a Disney character:

Funniest scene from That '70s Show:

I can't find a YouTube video of it, but my all time favorite scene from South Park was the frozen waffles at the dinner table scene at Kenny's house when the four main characters spent the night there because the parents wanted them to catch chickenpox. "Apparently we don't say 'side dishes,' either."

20. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God I love That 70s Show.

For me it's probably Biggus Dickus

(the fact they told the guard extras they'd be fired if they laughed makes it so much better)

Honourable mentions to most of the movies Airplane and Spaceballs