Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fucking finally ...goodbye Oprah

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manbehindthecurtain, Nov 20, 2009.

1. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's like someone died here in Chicago. Seriously the breaking news announcement on Channel 5 ABC last night was "Oprah is leaving Chicago! Find out why tonight at 11!"

Fuck! Who cares? Doesn't anyone know that Survivorman ended last year? Where was my front page bitch fest about that?

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Oh, she'll be back. Nothing that makes billions of dollars ever goes away.

How people enjoy watching her, I have no idea. To me, she is the Bob Villa of talk show hosts: she waits until the guest gets just enough of the sentence out of their mouth that she can figure out what they're going to say, then jumps in, interrupts and finishes their thought for them.

Can't stand her, good riddance. Oh, and why is she always the only one on the cover of her magazines? Talk about ego.

3. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Why am I so happy her show is ending? I've seen maybe 30 minutes of Oprah in my life, but was that enough to hate her as much as I do? Does anyone else feel this strongly about someone with 0 influence on his life? Good fucking riddance though.

4. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I have to say is that fat bag of crap better stay gone. I don't want to be seeing or hearing anything about the long-awaited return of Oprah 5 years down the line.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

[​IMG]
    She also had one with Michelle Obama.

Also, I hope she won't be back on TV. She's got her hands in enough cookie jars to live like she does for the rest of her life without it.

EDIT: Yes I didn't read that article. I went to TMZ after posting and saw what RBGG is talking about. I also heard some time ago, Sirius offered her a large sum of money to do a 30 minute show and she turned them down. I am convinced one day she will own the world.

YAY! Ellen will be the Queen! I love her. Zip it.

6. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure, but the radio station I listen to said she's basically just moving her show to her own channel. Because I don't even know what channel that is, it shouldn't interfere with me. Not that it ever has anyway. Never watched an episode.

7. PrimaryDisorder

PrimaryDisorder
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Sure, the show is going away, but just wait until she starts running for political office. You think you're sick of her now?

....just wait.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a strategy concocted by the network. She's retiring her 11:35 am spot and moving to a whole new hour! 10 am!

edit: What other major celebrity are we going to be able to watch their very public and hilarious battle with a fork?

9. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I've never seen one show. I only know a couple things about her:

1) She's stupid insane fuck you up the ass with a rusty shiv rich.
    2) She apparently hasn't paid attention to the ol' minge in years.
    3) I once hooked and caught a pelican accidentally while fishing in a bird sanctuary right near the pier of her Key West home.
    4) She's very good, for some reason, at pointing her followers (Oprites? Oprals?) in any direction she sees fit.

So, meh. The only reason this might peek my interest is because now you (probably) won't always hear about some stupid book or fad or whatever making millions of dollars because "Oprah likes it".

10. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Almost none of you even bothered to read the article. Oprah did not say the show was going away. It's just being moved to a new network, which she owns.

11. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Why'd you read a whole article about Oprah? And why are you trying to ruin all of our day?

12. silentshadow56

silentshadow56
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This bitch has been around for so long that I remember my mother watching her on a small black and white television screen that had antennas and knobs for the channel. Personally I don't think the celebration of her show going off air is as much to celebrate as her hopeful and eventual death because only then will we hear an end to the stupid shit that she promotes and the moron masses all buying into it.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Now, now. Don't be silly. We all know what happens when uber famous black celebrities die, they don't go away...they only get stronger.

14. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pictures of her without makeup are much much worse... google that for yourselves.

There was a span of about 8 months that I watched Oprah on a semi-regular basis but only watch now once in a blue moon. The show with Montel Williams talking about his MS was actually a pretty good show, sad but good.

Don't yall be naive enough to think that she's just going to go away... she's far too greedy to do that. Although, if she did, society would be far less annoyed.

15. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I was Oprah I'd start my own PPV channel and charge a nominal $3-$5 for each episode.

It would sell like chocolate covered butter at a fat camp.

Plus I would benefit from the charges by being able to book as guests all the women that were beaten by their husbands for running up an extra $100 monthly cable charge for my show.

Oprah is evil. I think she's some fat lizard version of the Visitors on "V"

16. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't really get where the hate is coming from. I don't particularly like Oprah's show, but I don't have strong negative opinions either. I respect the fact that she's a self-made billionaire, which is no small feat in and of itself, but she also did it as an African-American woman. I also don't get the accusations of greed. From what I've read, she's given away something like $300 million of her own money, in addition to the proceeds from all the charities she's established.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is there something going on with her that I haven't heard about, or are we all just sipping the haterade a little too heavily this afternoon?

17. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

With the death of Oprah's book club, Americans will no longer read fiction.

18. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, though, you can accuse her of hocking crappy literature all you want. At least she has people reading. Board members bitch all the time about how no one reads anymore, and then they turn around and criticize someone who is actively encouraging people to pick up a book. I hate Dan Brown, but I'd rather people read his books than nothing at all, and Winfrey had a lot to do with the spread of that novel. Props to Oprah for that.

19. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always thought she was pretty good in that movie The Color Purple.

#19 Nitwit, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Greedy? In 2007 she was the nation's top philanthropist. She has given over $300 million to charity in her life. Based on being the richest and most popular talk show host in the history of TV, I don't think society is all that annoyed with her. Sure, not many of us here like her show, but you're just making stuff up.

I don't ever watch her show, but I have to admire a person who goes from complete poverty in Mississippi to being the world's first black female billionaire. That's pretty damn impressive.