Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

"Fuck you SAINTS ARE AWESOME"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank n Beans, Feb 11, 2010.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck you.

[​IMG]

Yes, we're occasionally very good. Just good enough to not win any of our four Superbowls, or even get to one in my lifetime. Yes, I can't complain as much as the three teams that have never been to one, but the Superbowl win column is the same for my Vikes. 0.

2. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Green Bay Packers.

PACKERS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

3. Heather

Heather
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I will always love them.

[​IMG]

Every year, I keep hope alive that they will make it to the playoffs once again. Maybe next year there might actually be a chance should they nab LeBron and Wade. One can dream.

4. DAMAGGOT

DAMAGGOT
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Oakland Raiders all the way!

It's not even funny how much Oakland merchandise I have. On me right now alone I have socks,a sweatshirt, and a hat that all have that black and silver logo stitched on so perfectly.

5. Facepalm

Facepalm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Count me as another one for the Panthers. Whoever decided it would be an awesome idea to give Jake Delhomme $43 million dollars to suck shit every Sunday deserves to rot in hell.

Typical Jake after a play...

[​IMG]

"Durrr, I threw it to the wrong team again! SHIT!"

6. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Raiders be it LA or Oakland been my team longer than I can remember. We've had tension since they lost the Superbowl but Ill never ditch them.

Next to that is my Oregon Ducks, even though we lost the rose bowl this year I have a feeling we will be back again next year. Hopefully our mascot kicks some other teams ass again:

#46 Durej, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Mistake

Mistake
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Being an Australian, I follow a different type of football to most of users on this board; that being Rugby League.

At the age of 5 I chose the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks to follow, much to the dismay of my father.

My beloved Sharks have been in the league since '67 and are yet to win a premiership. Considered one of the competition's number one 'chokers', I have been through heartache year after year, seeing them fail again and again.

The '08 season we were one game out of the Grand Final, but with some good buys and retaining some of our more experienced players, 2009 looked to be our season.

Second last. 5 wins and 24 losses.

Come on 2010.

8. Eastcoaster

Eastcoaster
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The Edmonton Oilers. And no, I didn't just pick the best team when I was 6 and cheer for them. Fuck, I can't even rip on Leaf fans nowadays.

9. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Another die hard Leafs fan here. Its gotten so bad recently, that im starting to forget what the playoffs feel like. It sucks very badly right now, but I have faith it will get better, and soon.

10. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a die hard Devils fan. It may be just my perception, but I'm fairly certain we're the most hated team in Hockey. Not like, '70s Flyers goon squad hated, and not New York Rangers willing to employ Sean Avery hated. I mean despised for ruining the game of hockey by having the least talented cup winning team ever in 1995. They said our system ushered in an era of purely defensive hockey, no interesting play, no risks. The most evil system ever known to man, the Neutral Zone Trap. And they were probably right.

Then the hate carried over into the early part of this decade when we won 2 cups (2000, 2003) and everyone still called the Devils a boring defensive hockey team. The same Devils that had the best line in hockey for a couple years (Arnott, Elias, Sykora) and led the league in goals scored in 2001. The same Devils that played a high risk, high flying style while STILL being awesome defensively because they had the best goalie in hockey (Brodeur) and two of the best defensemen in the league (Stevens and Niedermayer)

But now... well to be fair this season we're back to being boring. In 4 games since trading for him we've managed to turn one of the best players in the league (Ilya Kovalchuk) into a goddamn bum who can't score. Our franchise goalie in 37 and showing his age horribly. Our defense is full of bums (I'm looking at you, Mike Mottau) and we've lost 11 of the last 14 games, and blown 4 two goal leads during that span.

PS. Still in first place in the Atlantic Division. Suck it.

11. supreme commander

supreme commander
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Yep... for a long, long time I would talk myself into "next year is our year!!!" and get let down... now, Team Titanic keeps sinking deeper

12. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Oh yeah. I'm a Yankee fan and it kicks ass. I love watching them kick the shit out of everyone over and over. I love watching red sox fans bitch and moan about our payroll even though theirs is the second highest. I love anyone else bitching about the Yanks payroll becomes it gives me an opportunity to mention how their owners care more about making profits than winning games. I love watching teams develop phenoms with the knowledge that I'll get to see them in pinstripes in a year or two. I love watching Blue Jays, Orioles, and Rays fan bitch about having to play in the AL East. I love all the history our players have made and continue to make. I love that the Yanks are the favorite to win the world series this coming season.

We are Yankee fans, suck our dicks.

13. Drake

Drake
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So yeah, I love the Buccaneers. I loved them in creamsicle orange, and I loved them when Sam Wyche was the coach. Two great things happened in 2003, The Bucs win the Super Bowl, and I got married. I count them in that order of greatness. I about cried when they cut John Lynch, and again when Mike Alstott announced his retirement. I'll never forgive them for letting Doug Williams take the Redskins to the Super Bowl instead of the Bucs.

Who's your favorite player? MR. DERRICK BROOKS!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ8aqpRyQro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ8aqpRyQro</a>

14. cuOL66

cuOL66
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Falcons/Hawks fan. Yeah, yeah, we had the Braves, but my first summer in NY was the first year they missed the playoffs in my memory...thus ended my love affair with baseball.

Hawks and Falcons are FINALLY on their way back to respectability, but I remain wary. Like a dog kicked too many times, I am just waiting for something to bite me in the ass.

Oh and I played for Columbia. Yeah...

Ugh.

15. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's where it gets better if you're a Minnesota sports fan...
    [​IMG] + [​IMG]

Instead we have...
    [​IMG] + [​IMG]

If it weren't for the Twins, I would have committed suicide by now.

16. Striding Man

Striding Man
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Seriously, 100+ years from a championship... I bleed Cubbie blue, but damn is it hard sometimes...

Always been a diehard Blackhawks fan too, but that's been a lot easier the past several seasons!

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, don't piss me off like that. The Wolves suck since KG left, and WHY THE FUCK DOES DALLAS NEED A HOCKEY TEAM? Sons of bitches. Everyone from Minnesota is still pissed at Norm Green for selling them in 93.

18. Lakeshow

Lakeshow
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've been watching the Lakers for as long as I can remember. 4 titles since I've been alive, nothing to complain about there. People talk shit about them and it's pretty easy to fall back on the championship argument.

Also a diehard UCLA fan. They have been killing me lately with the 3 Final Fours in a row. Combine that with the 1998 and 2005 football seasons and it's been rough. 1998 was such a heartbreaker, 1 game away from the BCS game, then blowing it in a game that was rescheduled with Miami and then getting worked against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. I must say though, beating USC in 2006 and watching them crash this year were amazing events.

19. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Disclaimer: I became a hockey fan in 1995, so I got all the suffering and none of the substantial glory
    [​IMG]

I bleed this team, even with substantial shitty moves, underperforming players, and one of the most obnoxious fanbases in professional sports.

Edit: Smaller image

20. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now, I am a Red Sox fan. So I hate the Yankees, have no doubt. And eat shit, dubyu tee eff and Chirpy.

That said..

The 'buy your players' argument is fucking ridiculous.

If I walked into the KC Royals front office right now with $200 million, do you know what they would do with it? THEY WOULD BUY SOME PLAYERS. As would the Red Sox. And the Giants. And the Astros. And the Bluejays And every single other team in baseball.

There is nothing immoral about spending the money that you have. There are 29 other GM's in baseball that desperately wish they were in Brian Cashman's position. They would kill to be Brian Cashman. So their fans shouldn't try this higher-moral-ground bullshit. Trust me, your front office would act the exact same way in a second given the chance.

FOCUS: Yeah, I'm a Boston and Georgetown fan. Can't complain. Although I did attend many Celtics games during the ML Carr and Rick Pitino years, and took years of ridicule during the Bledsoe years. But all is well now, and the Red Sox in 2004 is pretty damn hard to top.

I suppose my biggest complaint is the shitfest that Rich Rodriguez has turned UM football into. Motherfucker, you can do one of two things. 1) Cheat, and 2) Lose. YOU CANNOT DO BOTH. Hopefully Tate Forcier is able to help somewhat.