Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

"Fuck you SAINTS ARE AWESOME"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank n Beans, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Being from Wisconsin and a big sports fan, it hasn't been all that glamorous outside of the Packers for most of my lifetime. Best the Bucks have been in mediocre and the Badgers and always just a good team but never are exceptional. My team that I'm most passionate about though is the Brewers. It's been exciting the last couple years, but before that it was miserable. Then we started seeing the talent slide up from the minors and now we're finally getting the payoff for all those bad years. Granted we aren't world series champs, but being in Miller Park for playoff baseball really was amazing. The energy inside and around the state, you would have thought it was the world series. Wisconsin really may be a shit state to play in but we really have some loyal fans that really do embrace our players in all sports.

2. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Magpie

Magpie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Okay, fine - I'll admit it. I am a Kansas City Royals fan. You wanna make somethin of it??

They break my heart every single year. I start getting all fired up when I start hearing how "This is their year!" or "This new guy is going to turn the team around!" all preseason long. Then it never fails - they always manage to fuck up any momentum they have built up long about oh, mid-May or so. They are consistently one of the shittiest teams in baseball, yet that does not stop me from going to about 10-15 games each season, and proudly sporting one of my many articles of team apparel all over town. Then next year, I am ready to do it all over again...

Don't let me catch you talking shit about the Boys in Blue....

4. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm a Leafs fan. I realize they haven't won a cup since '66, but I'm thinking in 6 years they can get things turned around and win the cup on their 50th anniversary. How glorious would that be?

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know those shirts that say "This is your butthole (o)...this is your butthole in prison (O)"

Replace "in prison" with "when you like the Washington Redskins." That team has lubelessly fucked me in the ass for the better part of a decade. Dan Snyder should be mauled by a pack of cougars that breathe napalm and whose teeth inject irukandji jellyfish venom.

6. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been a Giants fan since I was a kid. I actually think that there is a picture of me as a baby with a Giants helmet on my head. I've gone through many different jerseys (currently have a Jacobs one) and always wear it while watching a game. I've only gotten to go to a couple games but it was a blast. Three years ago there was nothing better than being a Giants fan. Not so much this year.

This season ... *sigh* this season we sucked. A lot. Between people getting hurt constantly and our defense going to complete shit it was frankly a painful season. It was like we were the Young and the Restless soap opera football team. Drama all around. I do have a tiny glimer of hope when they got rid of Sheridan (the defensive coordinator) after our season was over. Whatever happens, next season I will still put my jersey back on, strap myself in, and ride through the drama all over again.

7. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My name is bean and I'm a Chiefs fan. That's right. I don't normally like talking about it to other people because some feel that I have a "disease" or "need help." But honestly, you just gotta support your home teams* and drink Bud sometimes.

I also go for the Royals. Go KC!

8. Indiana

Indiana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I feel your ever-widening-butthole's pain. Been a die hard fan since I could understand what a down was. The last time we won a super bowl, I was still trying to color in the lines.
    I maintain that they are the most heartbreaking team to support in the NFL. Whether it be seasons, games, the fourth quarter (every time, the god damn fourth quarter!!!!), just when you think they got their shit together and will turn everything around and that for one gleaming moment your loyalty will pay off: POOF. Gone.
    I was working the bar the night of the Skins/Saints game. I almost cried... and drown myself under the tap... 4th fucking quarter...

9. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Focus: I'm Colts obsessed. It's been a rough couple days, but overall I'm horribly spoiled when it comes to football.

Alt Focus (the Karmic balance):
    [​IMG]

10. T W

T W
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Oakland Raiders and Golden State Warriors.

Go fuck yourself.

11. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Really? Complain that you're beloved team hasn't won in 20 years. Complain that you trying to get back to the glory days. Just TRY to be a Cubs fan for 5 years. Do not give me the bullshit "You guys don't care about baseball, just getting drunk in the over-priced bleachers."-I will hunt you down and scalp you.

If there are more than a few people alive that can remember your last championship, you're doing ok.
    If you won a championship with other colors than white, you're doing ok.
    If you're teams owners aren't filing for bankruptcy and making a the wrong decision as to who the next owners are, you're ok.

And of course, you know how I know I'm right?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100129&sportCat=nfl

But My God, do I love my Cubbies!

12. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dallas Cowboys. I know.

13. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everything Cleveland, but especially the Browns. Went to my first game when I was two (against the steelers), and I've been hooked ever since. As I grew up my Dad filled my head with stories of Cleveland legends, guys like Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Brian Sipe, Hanford Dixon, Ozzie Newsome. In peewee football my dad made me pick number 32 because that was Jim Brown's number. My family's first dog was named Bernie, after Bernie Kosar.

Needless to say, this should be categorized under child abuse, but whatever. Browns are like herpes, you are stuck with them for LIFE.

If you're thinking the fact that I now live 4,500 miles away from Cleveland would do anything to change that, you'd be wrong. During football season I wake up Sunday mornings at 6 am and ride my bike 2 miles to watch em. And YES, I get drunk while watching them.

14. utgjohn

utgjohn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Cowboys fan as well. I know, too.

I'm not a "WEWt GO MILES AUSTIN!!1" kinda guy. More of a "that Bobby Carpenter did a nice job in the Nickel this year". Most Cowboys fans piss me off and give me a bad name.

15. Indiana

Indiana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Sounds like you need a little Christopher Lloyd in your life honey...

[​IMG]

16. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The German international soccer team. Perennially underrated, but curiously, always feared.

They've gotten so close the last three major tournament, so very, very close.

The media this year is going to focus on the "samba" teams like Brazil, Spain and Portugal, England and the last winners Italy. They're going to neglect Germany until the team gets to the semi's, like they do every tournament.

17. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Golden State Warriors.

What TW said.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's no team I obsess more about than the packers. We have one of the craziest overly committed fan bases so it pretty much speaks for itself.

Next up would be the American soccer team. It will probably be decades before we win the world cup (if ever) but we've played well in recent years. I still remember when they beat Portugal in the world cup. I was living overseas at the time, and every European I knew was both shocked, and a little pissed off. Our more recent victory over Spain might be even more notable.

We might not win this summer, but we're a dangerous team that has the potential to knock anybody off. With the decent group draw, we have a legit shot to make it deep into the tournament.

19. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm most die-hard about the Tigers, as you can tell. I've been a fan as far back as I remember. So, yes, that includes the near record breaking 2003 season. And the near Championship 2006 season.

Also, because I'm a homer, I root for all Detroit teams. The Lions and Red Wings battle for my affections as my second favorite Detroit team with the Pistons in a distant fourth.

I have taken a lot of shit for rooting for the Tigers and Lions because they have/had been horrible for so long. It feels amazing to stick with them when they get good. I remember sitting in my dorm in April of 2006 watching the Tigers and one of my buddies said, "Why do you even bother, they're not going to do anything good and you know it." Then, there's the lions.

Over the years I've experienced everything from the worst ever (twice - tigers and lions) to championships (5 between the Wings and Stones), so it's hard to find too much to complain about, because there seems to always be at least one or two good teams around here.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I call myself "London Ontario's Only Buffalo Sabres Fan", and I pretty sure I am. I've been a fan since way back: The Gilbert Perrault, Phil Housely, Tom Barasso, Rick Sauve, Dave Andreychuck, Mike Foligno Mike Ramsey years.

I have a Phil Housely home jersey that is my favourtie article of clothing. Nobody touches Gretzky in my book, but I'm a Sabres fan 'till death. Proof:

[​IMG]
    ...I was trying to beat it into her head that being a Leafs fan is dream on life support.

ALT-FOCUS:

I don't even need words:
    [​IMG]