Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fuck Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How about both of you guys get fucked up on St. Patty's day and act like animals? I mean, when did that option get ruled out? I know Chicago women aren't the only one's to get shit faced on St. Patty's day.

2. barney

barney
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Valentine's Day has never been that traumatic for me. I usually make her her favourite dinner, and i'll buy her flowers. She's a huge garden freak, so sometimes instead of flowers I'll buy her an actual potted plant that she can put in her garden when the snow melts. It doesn't cost that much, and it makes her feel special.
    She always does something nice for me too. Last year she made an excuse as to why she needed to take my car to work that day, and instead she took it out and had it completely cleaned and detailed.
    I think it's a day for little things to remind each other how much you love each other, which is easy to let slip when you're in a long term relationship. You don't mean for it to, but it happens.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It wouldn't be so bad if guys didn't just have their wallets hosed by Christmas.

Maybe if it was in July it would be better. Plus there would be leftover fireworks from the 4th. No better way to say I love you than making a romantic Snakes and Sparkler display.

4. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now that I'm out of class and I can watch the preview, there is one powerful point in its favour:

Anne Hathaway, former gymnast.

I'll be back in a few minutes.

5. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really want to dress up in my sexy little red dress this valentines day. I'm thinking we might avoid the crowds and the expense of dinner and just go out for a drink or two.

Then the next week when all the Valentine candy goes on clearance, I'll treat myself to some yummy chocolate.

My perspective about Valentines Day and my birthday is that things always work out better when I decide what I want and make it happen with or without the guy's help. If he wants to suggest something or present me with something unexpected, that's totally cool. But to expect to be wowed - meh.

6. swagger

swagger
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Who is this Valentine? He sounds like an obscure bastard kid!

7. Raoul153

Raoul153
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I can't say I've ever reacted with an exasperated sigh when a woman clad in nowt but a towel has asked me to stand naked under warm running water with her.

Personally fall into the "don't give much of a fuck" camp - left to my own devices I'd not bother doing anything special, but I'm not above making a effort if they're willing kneel naked in the middle of a room wearing handcuffs and a sleep mask instead of clothes.

As an aside, is there any correlation for people with not caring about valentine's and other holidays/events? I feel pretty much the same for everything - birthdays are an excuse for parties, christmas for seeing family, not bothered about giving or recieving present at either.

8. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Valentine's Day is also my birthday, so my girlfriend makes it about me. She doesn't give a shit about Valentine's, as she has a birthday of her own in a couple of months.

Still, though, I do little stuff for V-Day. This year, she will get some flowers at work. I will get Guitar Hero 5 for PS3 for my bday.

Plans are in the making for her getting an engagement ring between now and then, too, so there's that.

9. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You know, this youtube feature could be dangerous.

Focus: I could care less about Valentine's day. My wife could care less about Valentine's day. I'm probably a shitty husband when it comes to that day, ...but... it's our son's birthday. Since he's only one this year, I'm thinking about getting something plush and cupid themed. I'm pretty sure the humor won't be appreciated.

#29 Lowest, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The holiday and the movie I can live with.

But that fucking song by the black eyed peas is about to make me go all weather underground on the music industry.

11. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm pretty indifferent to Valentine's Day. It seems that I'm rarely in a stable, sound relationship around the traditional couple-y holidays, so I just don't care much. Especially now. The job's not exactly conducive to a serious relationship. My New Year's kiss was a regular client. I'll probably be working on Valentine's Day as well. Even when I'm in a relationship, I get gifts that I don't really want or need. Oh, gee, another teddy bear. And a card, too!? Thanks, hon. Why can't we just go buy discount chocolates at the drugstore and eat them in between watching television and fucking? I've been supporting Steak and a BJ Day since I was with my high school sweetheart, but that can be every day in my relationships if the boy toy is willing to replace "steak" with "whatever I feel like cooking" most nights.

As for creative gifts, the boyfriend of a girl I worked with while waitressing a year or two back took her skydiving for VD. The skydiving place had VD packages, DVD/video of the dive included. In my opinion, coolest. Gift. Ever. So I back up all the ladies on here that have proposed some sort of fun activity or outing in lieu of the typical gifts. If you feel compelled to do something, do something awesome that I'll remember.

12. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahh Steak and a BJ day, because we all need some meat in our mouth.

I've been in a relationship once during Valentines day. It was 4 years ago. I was out of town for something I couldn't avoid. Ka-Ching. I had a friend drop off some flowers for her and a nice little note that said, "Happy Valentines Day [name redacted], wish I could be spending it with you. " Or something like that. Fucking pussy whipped bullshit is what that was.

13. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sorry, I'll say it like this... don't be that sucker that does so much, you lose sleep over to you're going to out do it the next year, and the year after. Eventually, the honey moon phase ends, you have your heart stepped on a few times, or you just realize the absurdity of having to have a set occasion to remind you to show your S.O. your affection.

14. grits

grits
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

15. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last year I made my then-girlfriend (now fiance) a strawberry bouquet. It is well-known amongst her family that I hate wrapping gifts, doing the Vday thing, and especially buying flowers. So I took a pack of those long wooden skewers, and stuck them in a dozen hand-dipped chocolate strawberries. Then I took some green pipe cleaner and wrapped the sticks, to appear like stems. Stuck them in a vase I filled with sand, then blue vase filler (we had just returned from Florida).

She almost cried. Easiest thing ever.

Look, I'm a dude. I can't stand Valentine's Day. I'd rather be at the shooting range. But if you're with someone, chances are good that it means something to her. And if it does, who cares if you don't like it? Don't be a douchebag -- go do something. It doesn't have to be big or elaborate. It doesn't have to be expensive. It just has to show that you care about something that is important to her; after all, it'll mean more to her than it won't mean to you.

I don't know what I'll do for V-day this year, but I'll think of something. It won't be a special day to me, but if it means something to her you know damn well I'm going to try my best... Our house overlooks a large pasture... I might take the tractor and mow a giant heart shape into it (or her favorite NASCAR driver's number... Jr's a fucking pussy-ass bitch).

16. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I couldn't care either way. If joining the ranks of men buying uprooted plant life and caffeinated blocks for your special someone somehow makes them feel even more special, why not. Sure it's stupid, but look at the rest of our holidays. Besides, nothing quite says I love you and fuels our economy more than spending a little money on someone you love. Well, maybe that and unshackling them from the furnace every once in awhile.

17. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Personally I like Valentine's Day. Granted I've got a very easy-going girlfriend who doesn't expect nor want me to go completely overboard.

Those who are in relationships and marriages are well aware that life gets pretty hectic, busy and stressful. While I/we (men in particular) could hypothetically go out on a random Wednesday in November and buy the girlfriend/wife some flowers, it simply isn't the first thing that comes to mind after a long day at work when the weather sucks and I've got a bus to catch at 8 AM the next morning. Forgive me ladies, I'm human.

Valentine's Day is convenient because it provides people like me with an opportunity to do something special for the girlfriend and to take a breather from work, and other stresses that life can present, and simply allows me to focus my time and energy on her and vice-versa.

Valentine's Day always happens to fall in the thick of hockey season for me, and I'm constantly on the go between September and March, so I enjoy the fact that Valentine's Day allows me a chance to forget (temporarily) about a playoff race and give the girlfriend some overdue love and affection.

I'm not suggesting Valentine's Day should be the ONLY day of the year when you go the extra-mile for your partner, but if I open presents every December 25th, and if I dress up every October 31st, I might as well go out and buy some nice flowers and get a good meal every February 14th. Not to mention, any opportunity to get the girlfriend into a sexy dress is a plus.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The notion that Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel would be alone is so laughable it's wrapped around onto sad. Two women so hot all you have to say is "the Jessicas" and people instantly know you're talking about those two and Jessica Rabbit.

Focus: I'm unlovable so Valentine's day makes me bitter and misanthropic. I usually spend it ordering a hooker and then standing her up. SHOE'S ON THE OTHER FOOT NOW!

19. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mmmmmm Jennifer Garner...my friends make fun of me because they say she looks like a man.

[​IMG]

I love her.

20. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Comedic Genius? Hilarious accidental reference to the MMF threesome debacle? I honestly don't know. Either way, I think that just made my valentines day.,