Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fringe - Season Two

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dmiz, Oct 25, 2009.

1. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Missed the first few weeks of the show being back and getting caught up. Watching the first episode back from the break (unearthed) and I think I must have missed something. Why is Charlie back? Robo-Alt dimension Charlie killed real Charlie and Olivia killed Robo-Alt dimension Charlie, right?

I'm confused.

2. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was confused at that episode as well. I looked it up on a fringe fan site and it was an episode from season 1 that never got aired.

3. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just a heads up that new episodes are on again. I know I missed it when it aired thursday.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was a really good episode. Lots of answers, Nina's hand, how alt Peter ended up here, how original Peter died, etc... I wonder if Leonard Nimoy is only under contract for like, one episode per season. As big a factor in the story as William Bell is, we've only see him, what... once?

5. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anyone else think that the "secretary" that crossed over is the alt univ. Walter? GIVE ME BACK MY SON!

6. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I figure it is Walternate

7. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It'd be interesting if it was the Walternate as "secretary". Who is the boss then? William Bell? Alt-Bell? Which raises the question of how Alt-Bell and real Bell are on the same side and... co-existing?

I see Peter figuring out that Walternate is evil and comes back to the crew. Remember the Observers saying he was the of most importance? I'm really curious to see this play out

8. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This does seem like the most "obvious" reason but I hope they don't go that route JUST yet. I think having this person being called "The Secretary" (like the Secretary of State) would put this person of a high power, but not the highest. I definately agree that is it someone we know, but not Walter just yet. That reveal can be used so much later on. What if it's Broyles? Nina? Olivia??!?!?! (Can't remember if they ever mentioned whether the Secretary was a man?) Charlie? I think having the "secretary" being one of our main/supporting characters would be great and that way they can hold the Walter vs. Walter for Peter's love fight till later.

Also, you mentioned The Observers which reminded me they were the CAUSE of our Peter not getting the medicine in time. The Observer knew Walter was about to make the cure for his son and went there to "observe" it. He got in the way and essentially changed what the Observers knew of the future. So in the original timeline that they knew, Peter never got taken away. (?) How much change would that have affected the two worlds, with no Peter in the one he's supposed to be in and a Peter in our world which he's not supposed to be in? Observers were pretty explicit that he was important but didn't say one or the other about Walter.

Oh yeah...... What the hell happened to the new FBI agent from the beginning of the season?? That went NO-WHERE since then so WTF? Is she going to show up the last episode spitting bible phrases hoping that's going to stop the war?

9. mattyblu

mattyblu
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What the fuck is this?

10. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

called it

11. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Um...I don't know where to begin in the commentary for this episode. All I can say is that my god, nothing is going to stop me from watching next Thursday.

Kinda makes me wish that we didn't already know there is going to be Season 3.