Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fringe Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by lust4life, Sep 27, 2012.

1. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Starts tomorrow night. Excited, but I'm already mourning that this is the last season. Anyone else think they'll do an X-Files and go to the big screen next?

2. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was surprised it didn't get pulled half way through last season they could have done all they did in like 3 or 4 episodes not 8, but they did pick it up in the second half for sure.

I'll watch for sure, but mainly due to it being like a book 4/5th done.

3. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was somewhat disappointed in the season premier, but seeing William Bell encased in amber gave me hope.

4. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well last year they spent half the year slowly saying "OMG who's this Peter and what universe are we in" and sadly it looks like this year will be "OMG we had a plan but Walter forgot it all let's spend most of the season helping him remember"

All in all looks like a set up for a lot of nothing again.

Also how the observers went from "interesting characters that watch key events play out" to "Evil alien invasion" is a little weak as well to me and has been a pretty big disappointment.

5. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very disappointing so far. It's as if the prevailing attitude was, "Well, it's the last season, so why bother?". I'll hang with it just to see how it wraps up, but I don't have near the enthusiasm for watching a new episode as I did in past seasons. Luckily, Strike Back is on at 9 so Friday night programming isn't a total loss.

6. StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Anyone have any thoughts on the way they wrapped this show up?

7. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A disappointing ending to a disappointing season. My hope is that they follow the same formula as the X-Files and make a couple of movies for the big screen. Tear a hole in a different alternate universe, or an alternate universe invades the first alternate and they turn to ours for help, or Walter & Bellie: The Early Years. Anyway, this is one season I won't be purchasing on DVD.