Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fringe Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by shauncorleone, Sep 25, 2011.

1. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Last season's thread didn't really get moving, but I thought we could give it another shot. The premiere on Friday was solid, and while I'm not sure how I feel about Peter's absence, I have faith that they'll draw it out just enough before bringing him back in a totally mind fuck kinda way.

I also feel like September's failure to completely erase Peter is a little bizarre, considering he was almost done with cleaning up his own mess.

2. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Glad to see this show back too. Yeah, not many people were into it last year which to me is sad because I feel this might be the last season. And if it is the last season and they don't have enough time to get to the endgame the way they want it, it might be rushed and/or forced.

Liked the premier, was nice to see the changes that happened around the world and with Character development but I'd really like them to get Peter back as soon as possible and work on fixing both universes. These people seem so foreign to me that I find it hard to get into it. Like watching a pilot of a tv show and being like "meh... I could keep watching it but they might cancel it so I won't"

But I have one question about this. What do you think was the big "mistake" that the observers did and which one changed? Did Walter try to steal RedPeter and then he drowned in the lake (Observer saved them originally) or was RedPeter never cured at all and both of them died of the disease?

3. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Because technically they are foreign. We are on Earth-3 now, notice the credits are in amber.

Walter saying "sometimes they die twice" leads me to believe he stole him from Walternates universe in Earth-3 as well, only this time the observer didn't save him from the lake. Olivia never meets him in Jacksonville, hence the "hole in my life" comment seeing as Peter still somewhat exists in Earth-3 so it woudl make sense that something would be off with the characters.

The one question I have is, if Peter never grew to adult hood, who got in the machine?

4. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Yeah I get why they are but it just isn't sitting too right with me. After 3 years of watching them grow into certain types of people it's weird to see them so different.

That line is definately the one that stuck with me and got me thinking. I can think of several scenerio's where both of them die but different circumstances. Walternate fails to create the cure; The Observer distracts him and Walter isn't watching to see; Walter goes to the other universe and steals Peter only for him to die in the lake; Peter dies after the lake for any number of reasons.

Now why you gotta go thinking about that damn Machine? It played it's part.. It never existed.
    But seriously, how do they explain that? They build these machines and they just happened to merge the two worlds?
    I was really hoping we'd see more of Olivia/AltLivia teaming up on a case in the first episode. I was excited to have to see these two versions of people have to team up on a case but I'm sure we will see that later on.