Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Friday Sober Thread: Tragedy in Connecticut

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shimmered, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God forbid if the letter R ever fell on it's face and got turned around. It would look like an Evil Black Rifle with a thumbhole stock and a big 30 round, baby-killing "clip" coming out the bottom.

We're probably just better off banning the alphabet altogether.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well if letters are out, then better just go ahead and get rid of numbers, too. I don't trust that shady looking 7. Especially after my daughter told me about some weird cannibalistic thing he did with poor old 9.

3. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    They're more worried about the upper-case L than the lower case, because it appears to have a pistol grip.

4. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, just restrict the right to learn it based on government approval. Fingerprint, retinal, and DNA databases should be a good start, but we would also need tracking chips in any writing utensils. You never know where some maniacal English teacher is going to start scrawling Letters of Doom.

5. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It should be administered by the state much like the CCW program is, fingerprints yes. Not a registration of each gun but a simple license that says if you want to you can own guns and buy as many as you want, it does not say you are a gun owner, much like having a motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license does not mean I own a motorcycle it means I can legally drive one should I choose to because I have completed the needed training. I have been fingerprinted for my job, and for my concealed carry permit so if they really want me they will come get me, also the ATF has my prints because they think I have some destructive device that I am allowed to have but I just need to keep them up on my whereabouts.

I don't think a background check would prevent any mass murders, I don't even think it would reduce gun violence, but I like guns that are assault style weapons and I really don't think a little training and classroom time would be bad for anyone.

6. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unfortunately Idaho has just been banned as well. When turned on it's side it resembles a pistol and is clearly menacing to the other states.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus, do any of you remember when this thread started out with chest-puffed-out, overly sincere and cloyingly earnest cries for "I want real, actionable solutions to gun violence and something that will actually prevent another Newtown, so stop insulting each other / being sarcastic / saying anything that Joe Biden's commission can't immediately implement right this instant".

Now it's an echo chamber of people telling bad alphabet jokes at each other and violating the no politics rule.

8. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Oh. Sorry, I guess.

Anyways, banning Oklahoma should be discussed, since it vaguely looks like a gun...

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, if you want somewhere to high-five yourself about how you're all so much god damned smarter than Dianne Fuckstein and share fantasies about shooting up houses of parliament, there's plenty of forums elsewhere on the internet dedicated precisely to that purpose.

There is nothing intelligent about talking about how the letter L looks like a gun and har dee har har don't those stupid libruls want to ban it.

10. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First, I think it's quite clear that just about all the intelligent discourse to be done in this thread has been done twice over.
    ...and now you've filled the quota of self-satisfied, smug condescension. It must be difficult participating in an Internet board where you're forced to constantly use sneering sarcasm to reprimand those so far beneath you.

11. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

So yeah, I haven't read the last 75% of this thread (whoops) and I don't know anything about guns, but I can kinda see where this is headed.

And by "is headed" I mean, "probably happened 40 pages ago."

Til next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.