Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Friday Sober Thread: The George Zimmerman Trial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iczorro, Jul 12, 2013.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I only saw the testimony of that belligerent land whale, so based on that, I don't see how they could come back guilty.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: 7/12/13 Weekend Drunk Thread

Guilty on manslaughter, no murder conviction.

3. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm leaning towards this as well, but I personally don't think he should be convicted. Lawyer folk, is the judge talking directly to Zim as big a deal as some sites are saying?

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Superhero McChin is acquitted, I really don't envision a scenario where he is not hounded for the rest of his life. That is, if someone doesn't end it for him. A distinct possibility. He will never walk into a job interview, a bar, church, the grocery store without someone at least heckling him. It will be hilariously deserved. My nipples are already pointy with excitement.

5. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not guilty, but that's just my desire to watch riots on CNN talking.

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here. I'm just giddy with excitement to watch people burning tires in the street Elian Gonzales style.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Zimmer will be fine. He just has to move some place out of the country if he gets acquitted. In jail though I'm sure he's a huge target for the inmates. Manslaughter seems to make sense. If he gets off clean, I imagine Orlando will blow up.
    People said when Casey Anthony (Orlando again, gotta love central Florida) was ruled not guilty, someone would get her and they haven't so who knows.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Probably manslaughter conviction. I think this stalker-loser needs to be used as a dess-up doll by inmates for a long time, and everyone is owed one after Casey Anthony but it just doesn't look concrete. Anyway the outcome, his life will suck forever.

Tonight, Florida burns. They already have the cocaine to get the party started plus machine guns and leviathan-sized snakes. And Disney World. Black Jesus have your earthquake kit prepped like a mofo.

9. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not guilty/hung jury.

I've watched this trial, online, from day one. There is no way he can be found guilty of anything. All of the evidence, an overwhelming majority of the witness testimony and the expert testimony is in favor of Zimmerman.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Id be surprised, I think its going to be all (murder) or nothing (acquittal).

The idiots that will riot are looking for an excuse to riot, they only pretend to care like race-baiting jerk offs like Jesse Jackson.

4 blacks murdered a white guy in Georgia this week and the media didnt give a fuck. Its all nonsense.

11. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

The people who are in favor of "not guilty":

Do you think that Zimmerman did nothing wrong, or do you think that his defense was presented better than the prosecution?

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the laws in Florida are written so he should be found not guilty. I think you had a scenario where both people wanted some level of confrontation and it ended tragically.

13. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I'm going to refrain from speaking legally since I don't have that sort of background, but I will say from a purely laymen's perspective, it's pretty fucked up that a middle aged dude could stalk and attack a kid, kill him in the ensuing tussle, and get off without so much as a slap on the wrist.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think his defense did a much better job, and even so, I think the facts are on his side. It does seem like he was attacked and used deadly force appropriately in the eyes of the law.

That being said, it also seems like he really, really wanted to use his gun and looked for a circumstance that allowed it. As a gun owner, I never ever would have just been trolling around my neighborhood with my gun on me, looking for trouble. Did he provoke Trayvon Martin into attacking him? Maybe. But Trayvon could have just kept walking away also. But Zimmerman didn't NOT want to use his gun.

Despite that, I still think the prosecution didn't do it's job to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I know this guy's type and the situation seems simple: a loser wannabe cop wanted to feel what it's like to be an authority and use his bang-bang. He stalked and shot an unarmed kid that he started with after being told not to. He needs to go down for something.

16. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well he's only 29 and not middle aged and he had no way of knowing Martin's age, plus is 17 really a kid? I'll totally agree that its a fucked up situation. Only 2 people know for sure what happened and one definitely killed the other. I'm just glad I'm not in Orlando for this.

17. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

29 might not really be middle-aged (though it's not far off).

17 is totally a kid.

Is there a civil suit pending? I imagine the criteria are different and less stringent. Seriously, it just feels like a huge oversight that according to this law, you can start a confrontation that ends with you shooting an unarmed person, and nothing happens to you.

I guess I won't move to Florida.

18. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From a white middle aged gun owning male's perspective, I think Zimmerman is a fucking jackass that went after a black juvenile with the intention of taking the law into his own hands, he was not standing his ground he went looking for a fight because he thought he was a badass with a gun.

If Martin was breaking into Zimmerman's house, smoke the fucker, but that was not the case.

Per the law I am not sure if he is guilty but in my opinion he is guilty of general fucktardery that caused the death of a kid, and it could have been avoided if he just stayed in his house and not pursued, I think he was 100% wrong in his actions.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the head trauma alone proves there could be reasonable fear of great bodily harm or death in Zimmerman's use of deadly force. We'll never know for sure who first instigated physical force but I can't see any way how getting your bell rung repeatedly on concrete wouldn't be seen as a reasonable fear or great bodily harm or death.

20. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Right, but my point was that Zimmerman instigated the entire situation.

As a deliberately exaggerated analogy, if I walk into a convenience store swinging a ninja sword, and the guy behind the counter pulls out a gun to shoot me, and I kill him with my aforementioned blade, I'm still in the wrong. Even though I was defending myself at the time.