Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Friday Not At All Serious Thread: Hat's All Folks!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed that for you.

Good luck, you'll have shards of glass, aids infested rocks, and bird shit on your feet that will be quickly killing you before I could eat my first bite.

For the record, I do wish I looked good in hats. I just don't. Just so I can do that thing where I'm talking to a girl, and I take off my hat in a dramatic form. I wish I wore glasses for the same reason.

2. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't tell if you're making fun of wearing flip flops or of living in Chicago now.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, well, maybe it's not the hat. Nahmean.

Are you sure that's a thing? That sounds like a hissy fit to me. Now, Steve Spurrier will throw his visor, but that's something different altogether. Take up smoking - throwing the butt on the ground and stomp/grinding it in dramatic form? Now that's a thing.

If hats are going to actually come back, I hope it's those straw Panama Jack hats.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the spirit of bitching about flip-flops:

[​IMG]

Ugly, smelly, lazy AND expensive? Douch baggery, you have won the game.

These things are as popular as herpes in SC, which baffled me.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I wear cheap $2.50 plastic flipflops from Old Navy all the time. They sit by the back door and are perfect to slip on to take the dog out, check the mail, take out the garbage, etc.

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My feet must be dainty, I can only wear very few flipflops without it irritating the area between my toes. With that being said, when I find some that work, I am VERY loyal. And I will not listen to the fact that they are ugly.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a few friends from the south that never stop raving about Rainbow sandals. They are more the polo shirt red solo cup type. Do they form to your feet like the cork in Birkenstocks do or something? I don't get the flip flop hate. Them shits are light and comfortable. I had a pair of reefs that lasted me three/four years before I saw any noticeable wear and tear. I accidentally ruined them by leaving them in my gym bag with a wet towel in my hot car, the bottoms separated off. While not walking on clouds comfortable (something those ugly ass Birkenstocks got going for them once worn in), they were great summer wear. I mean it's feet, you aren't staring at some fat asses hairy butthole or anything.

8. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Better flip flops than wedge shoes. Those things are horrible.

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have heard that some folk 'round these parts aren't too fond of flats.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, flats are out, wedges are out, flipflops are out. It would appear that the only acceptable footwear to you guys is the stiletto or perhaps hooker shoes. Sigh, I will never be good enough for you guys.

Can we all please agree that riding boots are hot though?

11. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only Parker, and he gets to be picky because of his mad crazy dick skills.

12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

White people in dreadlocks. Disturbingly common on this continent, and it never looks good, especially among men.

Also, women who shave the sides of their heads but keep the rst of their hair long. Why?

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no problem with wedges or flats. Don't include me on that. And flip-flops are perfectly fine on women. I specifically said man feet and men wearing flip flops. This is like instance 1 million where I say something like "Flips flops on men are ugly and they shouldn't wear them" and next post is "OMG WHY CAN'T WOMEN WEAR FLIP FLOPS!!!?!!11!!?"

I missed the whole flats vs heels vs. wedges debate. I have one requirement for shoes, that you can go one night in them without dying and you plan accordingly what we're doing for the night. If we're going out to a club and don't have a table, wear comfortable shoes you can dance in, or you're going to drink enough so you don't feel the pain. Also, band-aids ladies, no one wants to see those sores on your heels. Men, let me repeat no one wants to see your feet period. There is a reason gay men don't have foot fetishes. Also, women aren't supposed to wear heels 24/7, it ruins the enjoyment. I'm going to go get froyo with the girl at noon, if she came out with heels, I'd be like "What the fuck?" Time and place people, time and place.

Ghetto, I could not agree more. White people in dreadlocks is an affront to human civilization and all the progress we've made so far as a collective people. Also you're referring to what is called "The Cassie Cut" Cassie the short lived RnB singer who was banging P. Diddy, Diddy or Puffdaddy did it. It died out for 2-3 years, then came back as hipsters LOVE to resurrect shit people black people got tired of and no longer do.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's funny, I never saw that particular haircut in Canada, but it's fucking everywhere in Germany. For some reason I got the impression it was something to do with an anarchist/goth subculture. It looks awful.

The dreadlocks seem to be more common in France, especially among men. I profoundly don't get it.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, apparently Ellie Goulding has been rocking it for awhile and it has taken over. It's been a thing in goth/anarchist subculture longer, but I was talking about the gateway into it being fashionable and cool. There was a lesbian on Hell's Kitchen that rocked it also.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I saw a LOT of mullets in Italy about 8 or 9 years ago when I went there. I have no idea how the fad sparked but I am sure that those greasy business men had no idea that complete white trash back in the states are the only people who would keep a hair style like that.

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You call that a mullet? Now THIS is a mullet:

Austtrians are weird.

Attached Files:

18. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's been mentioned before, but skinny jeans on guys. There's no reason a guy should be wearing pants tight enough you can tell what religion he is. I don't even know how some guys get into them. There must be a medical procedure they go through or some shit, like an "EMO-sectomy" or "HIPERSTER-sectomy". Following the procedure, most guys are able to squeal their way into the smallest of trousers. And as an added benefit, the removal of any remaining traces of testosterone further completes the androgenizing process that started years ago with a stolen eyeliner from their big sister.