Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Friday Not At All Serious Thread: Hat's All Folks!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Oct 25, 2012.

1. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Tyler dresses to match his face: wrinkled and not-so-gently worn.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Sunglasses indoors is the worst....I rpeat, absolute worst of all. Unless you suffer from Iritis, then there is no other excuse other than you are advertising to the world "I am so fucking cool, I HAVE to do this."

You are not Corey Hart, and you are not wearing sunglasses in a bar because you don't want your fans to swarm you. You're just a magnet for self-worth faggotry, period.

3. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    What were the 40's like?

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fedoras only work if you're wearing a suit. If you're not wearing a suit you look like either a douche bag or a dweeb

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wear my sunglasses inside when I'm at any store with crazy fluorescent lighting. It gives me a headache, and hurts my eyes. Our mall has a series of huge skylights that let in a ton of natural light - which also hurts, depending on the time of day. My eyes are light blue and extremely sensitive - so I'm ok with the douchiness if it means my eyes and head don't throb.

I love hats. All hats. Any kind. Especially beanies. And conductor caps. I can't wear bucket hats but most everything else - I like and it looks good, provided I can find something to fit my massive head.

6. R_Flagg

R_Flagg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well that's sort of like chemo patients wearing wigs and bandanna's to cover up the hair loss; having a medical condition gives to you a pass when it comes to clothing. My eyes tend to be sensitive to sunlight myself so I usually wear sunglasses whenever I'm outside year round; often when it's raining as well.

7. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Cover up, NWH says grab yo stuff! And your hat, of course. Slaves weren't allowed to wear hats, so that they'd be too tired to rise up, after each day of slavin' in the hot sun.

[​IMG]

This, incidentally, is the only hip hop reference you'll ever see from me.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a bad habit of wearing glasses that leave a gap but I absolutely haaate the bug eye glasses chicks wear.

9. R_Flagg

R_Flagg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I prefer polarized fishing sunglasses; you can find them at Wal-Mart in the fishing section for like $15-20. They're of the wrap-around style, block a fair amount of sunlight, and they're not easy to break. A good choice if you're work outside a lot or you tend to run through sunglasses pretty often.

10. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I own about 10-15 baseball hats (mostly BC or Philadelphia sports teams with a few others like a Margaritaville hat, a Guinness hat I bought at the Shannon Airport, and an Oakley one) and wear one probably 90% of the time that I'm out of my house and don't have a reason not to be wearing one (in uniform, at a formal event, etc.). I'm very particular about my hats though, I have a huge and somewhat oddly-shaped head so a lot of hats look strange on me. I've found that I can only wear hats made of a soft, somewhat thin material and that they need to either be fitted or have the cloth buckle at the back (I also have one or two FlexFit hats--the elastic material that looks like a fitted hat but is one size fits all--and they look fine but tend to give me a headache if I wear them for more than an hour or so). For this reason I don't like buying hats online, last time I did was the BC hockey national championship hat I got back in April that cost $25 from the official online store and looks like something I purchased from an Ethiopian street vendor 5 minutes after the game ended.

11. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I own several snapbacks that I use for the purpose of wearing when I just woke up and am sporting an awful bedhead, have to go somewhere, and don't have the time to shower. This happens more and more often as my hair gets longer, then after I cut it I won't wear hats for a month or so.

12. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wear a ball cap the majority of the time in spring-fall months (i.e. when I'm not working), otherwise my scalp will fry due to my short, thin hair and super fair skin. Usually I wear an old, faded Twins cap I got back in my youth baseball days, otherwise I have a pile to choose from. Because I live in Minnesnowta, I also have as many winter and stocking caps as ball caps. Fleece lined wool stocking caps are my favorite. Taking off my hat before I step indoors was a habit instilled by my dad, who used to knock the hats of my brother and I's heads if we ever walked inside wearing one.

If I'm wearing a hat, that probably means I have polarized sunglasses on too. I found a cheaper brand of sunglasses that fits me really well so I picked up a few $20 pairs this summer.

Yep. If you've got a pretty face they just cover it up and if you don't, well... they never help. Ever.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find that I look goofy in baseball caps. The only time I wear a hat is for when it gets below 30s in Chicago, then I basically wear it to protect my ears. Sometimes I think people who wear hats for style are lazy. You didn't want to brush or wash your hair, shame on you. I really enjoy going to bars and seeing some guy freakout when the bouncer tells him to take off his hat. Just because it is dollar beer night does not mean we can't have some class up in this bitch.

14. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate hats, that's one thing I didn't think about before I joined the Air Force, every time I'm outside I have to be wearing a hat unless I'm on the air field. It's cold like 6 months a year here so I can wear a beanie, but I fucking hate pretty much every other kind of head gear.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't understand anything hipster related. This ties into the whole attempt to look different/an individual, but you look exactly like everyone else trying to be different/an individual. Skinny jeans on people that should not be wearing them. Men who wear flip-flops when you're not on the beach or in a park. Man feet are disgusting go away. What pisses me off is in Chicago, people would sacrifice their first borns for 55+ degree weather so they can wear shorts and flip-flops.

Alt-Focus: I can tell girls are over-weight when they have a ton of pictures up and none of them are head to toe body shots. That or they have serious image issues. I can tell girls are too into themselves when they have a bunch of laptop cam photos of themselves with stupid captions like "This is for my haters."

16. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, they're so easy to put on and take off, they're cheap and super comfortable. They're awesome for rain too, they dry off way quicker than shoes. They also don't give you any real support so you won't have weak feet and bad posture like a sneaker wearing bitch.

I wear them fucking everywhere that I don't have to be suited up or it's too cold.

17. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah. Im with Parker on this one. And I live in Florida. Men in jeans and flip flops is just lazy.

I dont particularly wanna see womens feet and they take care of their shit.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What are you talking about? There are studies on podiatry that say flat footed flip flops are bad for your posture. It runs every year in the news. You're not supposed to wear flip-flops 24/7 like people do. That's why Vibrams got hit with like 100 lawsuits this summer also for marketing that it was better for your feet.

Casual shoes, kicks/gym shoes (I don't know what sneakers are, I'm not a ninja, I'm not sneaking anywhere) with arch support are much better for your feet.

That and your feet are fucking digusting, you have no right to make me see that. I have a right not to be disgusted by your ugly man feet. For shame. Oh, it'd be easier to be naked when it rained too so my balls dry off faster but we're supposed to be wearing clothes so no one sees other people's disgusting bodies rolling around. Get an umbrella you dirty hippie.

19. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to run to Chicago, not wash my feet, and stand next to you while you eat for a week.

20. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do it in a Whole Foods.

For every hot rich milf in yoga pants theres some dude in jeans and flips flops and/or a white girl with underarm hair and shitty startup dreadlocks.