Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Friday Night Lights - Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mantis Toboggan M.D., May 16, 2010.

1. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I know there's already a thread for this show, but it's from when the season aired last year on DirecTV--this is for the people watching on NBC. No spoilers from the DirecTV folks please.

Just caught Friday's episode, this show is as good as ever. Couple thoughts:

-Do small towns in west Texas really have run-down urban ghettos??

-How long until Riggins bangs the bartender's daughter?? I give it 2 more episodes, tops.

-Speaking of Riggins, I can see him doing very well as a coach. Football is really the only thing he's ever had in his life, so he'll be alright if he can stay involved with it, especially helping out this new kid from the Panthers. I wouldn't be surprised if Saracen ends up coaching for East Dillon too.

-Kinda sucks for East Dillon that a team that shitty only has 2 good players, and they both play the same position (RB). Landry legitimately might be the 3rd-best player on the team from what we've seen.

-Last but definitely not least, the Mike Leach cameo was outstanding.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The girl that lives next to Riggin's need's to be kicked off the show, I have zero interest in her storyline, nor is she that hot.

I love the storyline with struggling East Texas, just awesome. I hope Vince snaps out of it. Welcome back Lyla!

Whoever plays Matt S did a ridiculous job acting in that last episode. Awesome.

3. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I can guarantee that whoever wins the Emmy for Best Guest Performance (or whatever the category is called) will not come close to touching what Zach Gilford did in "The Son"; that was truly the kind of performance that will leave a lasting impression on anyone who portends to be a serious television viewer. But, the Emmys are a fucking joke anyway...I know this from first hand experience. Remember, this is an awards show that nominated "The Wire" for a whopping two awards over the entire course of the series.

4. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WELCOME BACK LYLA!!!!!

She is one of the hottest girls on television.

Riggs in his All American Jersey was fucking awesome, I loved it.

I still hate Julie Taylor, and I still would like the new girl written off the show. Honestly stop trying with these new story lines, stick to football and how the coach deals with his football problems!!

You have Rig to give you all the additional plot lines you need.