Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fresh flesh, please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PIMPTRESS, May 10, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That's just not true, sir.

As Zyron pointed out in the Youtube thread, they are wonderful, adorable, low maintenance pets for children.

And in this case, a tasty entre for DixieBandit and his kin.

#21 Nettdata, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get real worried about food poisoning , I eat a lot of undercooked and raw meat.
    I go by the smell test when it is a question, any flesh you eat should not smell bad, if it does deep fry it and put some ranch on it and you will be fine.
    In the last 12 years I have gotten sick from seafood 4 times, one was eating 2 day old squid that was clearly marked "not for human consumption" and had be sitting in a cooler in the sun, once was from a sushi place that was shut down due to health code violations, and the other 2 were from eating raw oysters that were bad. The sickness from the squid was about a day and the other ones lasted about 6 hours followed by a day of explosive shitting.

I am sure my body has built up a tolerance to some stuff so I don't spend a lot time thinking about it, I just eat it.

From a Rep queston_
    The reason for eating the squid was a drunken bet, that I won but paid dearly for the 100 pesos I obtained.

3. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm spoiled in that I'm in BFE, cow country, and literally 99% of my meat is local. Used to be about 50-60%, but since I work at a meat locker now, it's, "Hrm, what am I in the mood for tonight," and take it home.

That being said, the whole "organic" thing amuses me. As does the claim that you should only eat grass fed beef. "Organic" meat simply means that the farm has been certified organic, and what they feed the animals is strictly organic feed. Then the facility it's processed at is certified organic, where they have a separate processing area (butchering) for organic, and keep it hung away from other meat. If it's cured/processed (your bacon, hams, hot dogs, brats, etc.), then the ingredients are damn near identical to non organic, it's just "organic sea salt" rather than "salt", etc. Everything *we* process that isn't organic lists the ingredients.

As far as nitrates (again, not talking bulk processing plants, this is just a true meat locker). Take for example the venison sticks that Nettdata is talking about. In the seasoning powder that we use for sticks/summer sausage, sodium nitrate is less than .02% of the seasoning mix, and only added for anti-caking. *shrug* So, 1 lb. of seasoning is added to 20 lbs. of meat. Yeah, that's really dangerous...

As far as grass fed, FORGET IT. That is the nastiest meat in the world. Spoilered for those who don't care about beef/don't care to know details about butchering...

Think of your steak. Nice, red color, some marbling (fat) through it, probably about 1/4" of fat along the outside... now that's a good steak. When a cow is feed nothing but grass, the meat is a dark red/purple color, the fat is non existent, and literally as you're cutting it, you can *smell* the grass smell. The first time I had to work with one, I thought it was diseased. It is literally that disgusting. The texture is also horrid. Good meat = has some.. I don't know, bulk? to it. Like when you pick up a steak, it folds over, but doesn't flop. PURE grass fed = like picking up a wet noodle.

There's two farms around here that we process for that have pure "grass fed", and every time I see them on the cutting sheet, I cringe. We do about a half a dozen organic, and honestly, you can't tell the difference in the meat between that & your normal grass/grain fed cattle.

Yep. I work at a locker, and see the critters come in on a trailer, and out in cute little packages. And I still love meat.

4. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agony and torture make the meat more tender.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Hmmm.....a professional has a different opinion. Both make sense though.
    Gotta love The Bourdain although, I think he's wound a bit tighter since he quit smoking.

6. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just try to eat foods in as close to its natural state as possible, eliminating processed foods as much as I can. We eat pork and beef, but much less so than poultry and fish. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies (never the frozen variety), and breads and cereals are always whole grain. I could never do the vegetarian thing. Sometimes, you just gotta have a porterhouse.

7. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I seriously want to see what you look like more than I want to see any regular poster's boobs.

When I was a kid barbecued chicken was at least a once a week deal at our house. Mom would cut up a chicken, stick it in a Pyrex dish and pour barbecue sauce (always Kraft) over it and let it sit on the counter for 2 or 3 hours before my Dad put it on the pit. During that three hours I would walk by and stick my finger in the sauce and suck it off 4 or 5 times. Basically I ate barbecue sauce and raw chicken juice. Never got sick once.

Now, I'm surprised we don't have to wear a hazmat suit to handle chicken.

8. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was drunk enough to post my pic here once, but not in the boobie threads, sorry.... but sent ya the link.

Yeah, this is why I've been getting ground meat from the local lockers for... well, as long as I can remember. There's one every 10 miles or so around here, and what they sell is from local farms. And usually only about 10 cents a pound higher than "ground round" at the local grocery store.

EDIT TO ADD: If anyone *is* into the whole organic meat thing, or want to eat some buffalo, elk, venison, or just farm raised meat, PM me for the website, we actually do ship (frozen, in dry ice), since we have a retail shop as well as doing custom processing.

9. Poopourri

Poopourri
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Um, so....not sure if it fits with the thread (besides being flesh related), but I just came across a link of some alarmingly normal looking cannibals in Thailand going nuts with, well...another human. Lots of pictures. Lots of very NSFW, not safe if you're squeamish, not safe if you have dreams-of-being-consumed-by-other-humans pictures.

Click here if you're curious, or if you enjoy asking yourself "Why did I just do that?".

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You just won't leave me alone about that roadkill thing, will you? If I hit it, and it is an edible animal, I'm not going to waste it.
    Kiss my ass if you think otherwise, because those raccoons I baked probably live a cleaner existence than the cows that ended up in any fast food you've eaten.

#30 dixiebandit69, May 11, 2011
  11. Poopourri

Poopourri
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah. Sure.

[​IMG]

Edit: I can't edit the prior post, but apparently that link to the "cannibals" is a real body, but an inaccurate description. I tried to figure it out earlier but my Google-fu was weak.

From a source:

12. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sorry, have to side with Dixie on this one. Deer season in IL is only Sept - Feb, but we take roadkill deer for processing at anytime (yes, we have 3 processing rooms). Ditto with anything shot under nuisance permit. We just cut back to doing sticks/summer sausage to once a month.

Here, you call it in, and the cops will ask you if anyone wants, and they give you a permit number (for deer) to get it processed. You can tell as soon as the hide is off what side got hit, and what is still good.

13. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, while my eating habits are admittedly approaching OCD levels, my housemate is the polar opposite. He regularly travels for 3-6 months a year in the poorest places he can find - think India, East Timor, Papua New Guinea - and he eats the cheapest food he can find in these places. He had dysentery in India, but it didn't dissuade him from the wisdom of this course.

Anywhere, to prepare for these gastronomic experiences, for a few weeks before one of these trips, he will deliberately eat meat weeks past its expiry date, and eat food that has been left out overnight, etc. I watched him cook a curry with chicken about a week and a half past its use-by date, keep it in the fridge for 3 days, freeze it for 3 months, and then defrost it and eat the remainder over another 3 days. It honestly astonishes me. He is on a one man crusade to prove that the many 'myths' we believe about food are false, including that fruit and vegetables are a necessary part of your diet.

Incidentally, when I got food poisoning in Vietnam, he had eaten exactly the same foods and didn't have so much as a fart. Perhaps his system works.

14. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can get away without eating any fruits and vegetables at all. However, you are going to suffer because of it. The sister-in-law hasn't eaten a fruit or a vegetable in about ten years according to the rest of her family, and while she's still functioning, it's at a much more ghoulish level than most.

15. Wadget

Wadget
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A comment from the site:

#35 Wadget, May 13, 2011
  16. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Forgive me for venturing beyond meat, but what about factory fruit and vegetable products?

I've heard many times that if vegetables are frozen properly, they are exactly as nutritious as when picked (though the texture tends to suffer for the freezing). But what about things like juice from concentrate? Is a serving of V8 really as good as eating vegetables?

And in keeping with the thread's theme, who decided it was a good idea to fill fruit juice with sugar and vegetable juice with salt? Mmm, diabetes and hypertension, just for trying to get your fruits and vegetables. (I drink the low sodium V8, and it tastes just fine.)

17. LM225

LM225
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Nope. For one thing, when fruits are juiced, they lose a lot of their nutritional value (especially from the skins). Plus you lose a bunch of the fruit's fiber content. And as concentrated as juice is (e.g., 3-5 apples per cup of apple juice), you're drinking a lot of sugar that you wouldn't get from eating one apple.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We pay a little extra for some groceries, like fruits, veggies & meat because it makes a very big difference. The private market we go to has strawberries that are red all the way through (they are NOT supposed to be white inside, kids) and I trust the meat at Costco because it is from Alberta and they are the Kings Of Beef.

19. tweetybird

tweetybird
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Costco is The Shit.

Fun fact 1: mad cow disease is not only contagious among cows (thus the reason for all the various beef embargoes from the mad cow scare, some of which are still kicking around today), but occurs spontaneously in some small percentage of individuals in domesticated cow populations.

Fun fact 2: the way we test for mad cow in the US is random checks of herds. This would make sense if the disease only spread through contact with infected animals, but recall the whole spontaneous occurance thing...

Fun fact 3: Costco is the only large scale meat seller in the US that tests every cow they process for mad cow. It is part of the reason they process beef themselves - the producers refuse to test each cow before processing knowing they'll have to throw out some stock and have suspicion rain down on their operation if a mad cow is found (reasonable enough, since most people don't know about that spontaneous occurance thing).

Not saying we don't fall off the wagon at Safeway now and again, but we try to buy our beef at Costco. That, and it is so much cheaper, who doesn't like that? Ah Costco. How I have missed you.

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard vegetarians have no body odor and their shit doesn't stink (literally).

Any bean-eating, pleather wearin' vegetarians out there care to confirm?