Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Free Range Angus Crickets, Locally Sourced of Course.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kubla Kahn, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to belong to a site where sometimes people submitted comedy articles. I remember one time I thought it would be a fun article to write about my reaction to trying various things that I've always been too afraid to try mostly because it is a mental block. I started a list that included things like haggis, rocky mountain oysters, huitlacoche. I guess the cricket dish would go on that list. I never went through with it, though. A local foodie place had a pizza dish on their menu with some really yummy toppings, but one of the toppings was huitlacoche. I thought if anything would give me the courage to try that, it would be this pizza. Nope, couldn't do it.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think a protein powder that uses insects is a great idea. There is practically no animal waste, insects are inexpensive, and you can ethically house a metric fuckton of them in a fairly small space with ease. If they can get this to be as affordable as other protein sources, I would be all in.

Now, eating a whole grasshopper....that is something that I would only do in desperate times.