Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Foreskin, no-skin, we all cheer for weiners!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Ness, Jul 30, 2010.

?

Foreskin- Who's Got 'Em?

1. I'm a Guy, I'm Un-Cut, and I Like It

81 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. I'm a Guy, I'm Un-Cut, and I Hate It

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. I'm a Guy, I'm Cut, and I Like It

186 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. I'm a Guy, I'm Cut, and I Hate It

8 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. I'm a Girl, and I Like It Un-Cut

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. I'm a Girl, and I Like It Cut

15 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. I'm Just Here Because I Like Wieners

8 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Way to be selective with your choice of information to follow. I think I did a very thorough job of addressing the points you were so quickly to latch on to further your argument of pro-circumcision. If you need my credentials I'm just a lowly Anesthesiologist though. The invasive nature of a surgery does not diminish with a younger age. Circumcision is still invasive regardless of when it is done. You still perform a nerve block and it still involves a scalpel and sutures.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Forgive me if I'm just your garden variety idiot, but I've witnessed an infant's circumcision in a hospital environment (yay student nursing) and the doctor definitely didn't use any sutures that I saw. She used this metal tool to stretch the foreskin over, a scalpel to cut it off, and a bit of topical anesthesia. On the other hand, I've heard of adults that have had a circumcision being laid up in the hospital for more than a week. As far as I can tell, the procedure becomes far more dangerous and painful the older the patient becomes.

3. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

There are a couple of methods involving either clamps or the Plastibell. Depending on the preferences of the surgeon.

4. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get the cleanliness argument. You meant to tell me that a guy isn't going to want to play with himself in the shower? I don't know about the rest of you, but that's the part of the shower I look forward to the most. For the record, I'm uncut, and I save thousands on not having to buy lotion.

There's so much conflicting evidence in trying to choose between circumcising and not. Why not just leave it alone and go with what nature gave you?

Here's Penn and Teller's take.

5. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I've definitely never had a cleanliness issue down there. When I get in the shower it's basically the first, last, and only thing I clean.

The cleanliness thing might make sense in places where hygiene is lacking and clean water is scarce, like a lot of third world countries or ancient Egypt. But in developed first world countries, cutting off the tips of penises to keep people hygienic makes about as much sense as having a ban on the consumption of pork because of the risk of parasites.

And just think of the reduction in plastic bottles.

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because it fucking hurts. Like a motherfucker, as I stated in my post directly above yours. I didn't "need" to have mine done, but I also didn't "need" a sex life. I realise I'm an exceptional case, but without a circumcision all my junk would have been good for is getting piss into the bowl and writing my name in the snow.

My mother wanted me circumcised at birth. Her doctor refused and called her cruel. Many times over the years, I have wanted to track that asshole down and tell him where he can stick his opinion. I realise that's a completely emotive sentiment, and that in 99% of cases it's purely for non-health related reasons. However, it's my experience and I can still vividly recall the pain of it 15 years later.

How many cut guys (where it was done just after birth) can honestly say they have an issue regarding the operation itself, or remember the pain?

7. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As far as cleanliness goes, I just mentioned that it becomes more difficult for elderly men, particularly if they have other issues such as diabetes and prostate problems leading to some "leakage". It happens. It can lead to needing a circumcision later in life, which is a much more difficult surgery and recovery when you are older. More complications too (I work in Urology, so I have seen this).

And the couple of circumcisions of an infant that I saw didn't involve any type of general anesthesia. I bet they used the Plastibell, it was some circular device that just sliced it right off. The whole thing took maybe 2 minutes and in the end the doc gave the infant some sort of narcotic pacifier and it stop crying pretty quickly.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At some point medical culture and rave culture are going to collide, and we're going to see some seriously fucked up shit.

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Sorry, I thought I was arguing with Solaris.

I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't invasive; merely that the child will not remember the trauma or the pain, as some of the adult circumcised members of the board seem to.

Sounds like you're being selective with your choice of information to present.

If I'm making this sound distorted, then my apologies for not posting clearly. From my personal perspective only, I think the advantages of circumcising a young boy - which include possible reduction of disease transmission as well as avoiding the surgery later in life - outweigh the cost of choosing not to circumcise him. Now that's only my opinion, and parents who choose to leave their sons uncut are acting in the same best interest of their child...they're just reaching different conclusions than I am.

10. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Listen, all the cocks that voted in this poll with only SEVEN EXCEPTIONS were happy with whatever they ended up. It does not matter. If I'm remembering correctly only one or two of you against circumcision actually are circumcised. It's no big deal. If you think it is, don't do it to your son. It's that simple. Just because you're against it doesn't mean the practice should be abandoned. Parents have different ideas about what's best for their children.

11. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

My situation is pretty similar to Disgustipated's; I chose to get circumcised when I was 19 because like him sex was painful and pointless while I was uncut. Although it appears my doctor did a hell of a lot better of job with the operation than his because I didn't have the problems he had afterward; I was sore and brused sure but didn't have any pain or discomfort when I took a piss or got an erection.

However despite the difficulties I had with sex and hygene before my circumcision I'm glad my parents decided against having me circumsized when I was born. I'm glad I had the chance to make my own choice about what was going to happen with my own body.

12. Bogan

Bogan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

In Australia circumcision isn't all that common any more. I'm uncut, as are most of my mates bar one or two. I often used to wonder about all the references to lotion on American websites/movies - I managed just fine without it. It wasn't until just a couple of years ago that I finally clicked and correlated your need for lotion with your high prevalence of chopped cocks.

I've never had any negative comments from the ladyfolk about it, and my last girlfriend actually preferred the skivvy - she thought it was more fun.

I understand the hygiene issues, but as others have said these are largely moot in our western societies where we wash with regularity. As for the medical issues, obviously there's the need in some instances like Disgustipated and Trakiel's, though I don't think prophylactic removal of everyone's foreskin is necessary. Ultimately I'm happy I was never cut - if I want to I can make that decision myself, though I doubt I will unless it's medically necessary.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My cock is so big I have a fiveskin.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love how uncut guys get so fucking fervent about this when it comes up. I'd love to see the thread by the three women on here regarding whether or not they prefer guys to be hung or not. There would be a complete meltdown.

15. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

So...I just googled "uncircumsized penis" because I've never seen one and I'm curious. Sirs, I respectfully say, "What. The. Fuck?" I am horrified. What is all that foreskin for? What's the purpose? That junk is never coming near my ladybits. Ever. It looks like a monster. As if dicks weren't ugly enough already.

Yes. This is my wild and crazy Saturday night. Leave me alone. I've been moving into my new apartment in 100 degree Texas heat with a bum ankle.

16. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

I sort of wish my parents had left my junk alone. It works fine now but why was that necessary? Lots of people are at risk for appendicitis but we don't give everyone appendectomies at birth.

I asked my mom why they had it done and the answer was mumble mumble hygiene. Somehow my mom, at 22, was an expert on what it's like to have a donger. I think the real answer is that dad was circumcised and they thought it looked weird.

My cousin's kid was not circumcised at birth because of intense drama not surrounding the kid's dong. I was the only one in the family to support the idea of leaving his dong alone. After being pressed as to why they were so adamant about circumcising the kid, it came out: it apparently looked like an elephant trunk to everybody and that was just too weird for them.

The kid grew up a little and had a minor case of phimosis. Rather than treat it through any one of a half-dozen treatments, they just circumcised him and it was a huge relief to everyone. It was like all the old biddies in the family had this kid's foreskin marked for death since he was born. If I have kids I think I will leave them alone.

17. tweetybird

tweetybird
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

See, this? TX, I heart you usually, but this is ri-goddamn-diculous. This is what pisses me off about girls. We whine and bitch and moan about how dare guys think our boobs or lady bits aren't good enough, but we turn around and tell them that the way they were born is icky and disturbing and wrong. Just because you haven't seen it before doesn't mean it's gross. Also: since when did Googling for pictures ever return you anything more than the least attractive instances of anything?

I've seen both. I've blown both, and I've fucked both, even in my admittedly small range of blowing and fucking experience. And to be honest with you, there is no goddamn difference in functionality. Furthermore, if you love the guy on the end of the cock, you get to know his bits and play around with them and figure out how they work, and exactly what those bits consist of becomes completely irrelevant.

That, and a dude who's carried his uncut dick through potentially embarrassing locker rooms and still came out with a swagger and an I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude is pretty hot...

18. Satanicus336

Satanicus336
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm uncut and it hasn't been too much of a problem up until a few years ago.
    I had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and well having this causes yeast infections. 2 times the yeast was bad enough and trying to clean it has caused my foreskin to swell up to the size of a doughnut. I recall the first time I had to rush into emergency because of it, when I dropped my shorts the male doctor had quite the look of horror on his face. It was treated with antibiotics and a cream. However this last time it had occured the swelling and healing of my foreskin has caused it to be tighter and quite constricting.
    It has made sex with the wife awkward, So next week I meet with the urologist to get it cut because having that part of you swell up that bad is painful.

19. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guy's that are uncut (myself included) just need to practice basic hygiene like having a fucking shower and retracting the foreskin and giving things a clean down there. It takes all of what , 20 - 30 seconds ?

Any uncut guy with "hygiene issues" related to his foreskin is probably just a dirty , lazy bastard and probably stinks like shit anyway.

On a different note , I was discussing the issue of smelly vs "clean" pussies with an associate today.

My most recent girlfriend had a lovely pussy that was as fresh as a daisy and I happily ventured South at every given opportunity.
    I have no doubt many of you (myself included) have ventured South on a woman only to be repelled back up to the North.

20. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I have to second tweetybird on this. Yeah, I can argue until the cows come home about whether or not parents should do it to their kids based on health reasons, but when it comes to being a chick on the receiving end of a cut/uncut penis I really don't notice a difference. And I also agree that to say something like, "Eww! Gross!" to the guy is right up there with a guy saying to his girlfriend, "Jesus, I really don't like your tits." Not okay.

Plus, really...is there that much difference visually when it's hard?

[​IMG]