Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

For the love of Christ [WDT 09/24]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zyron, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got a letter in the mail today from the Alabama Supreme Court. I am now officially an unemployed lawyer in two states.

One of you fuckers better figure out how to buy me a drink (not Jager) over the internet.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So apparently this whole "Become a plausible applicant for graduate school" thing is hard. Fuck. I am no where near the GRE scores I need.

Apparently, whoever led me to think I'm smart was both wrong and an asshole.

You say that as if rednecks are fond of Mexicans. All that does it change the insult from "terrorist" to "job-stealer." A sideways move at best, methinks.

3. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is true. However, the people in SC arent necessarily fond of the Mexicans but they are used to them. Kind of like the roaches in most SC houses: you can't get rid of 'em but you can try.

As far as our brown friend, just tell them your dad owns a Subway and you are studying Restaurant Management.

4. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Rugby League team made the Grand Final last night, so I got extremely drunk and celebrated. It's going to be a great week, so hopefully I can get as much work off as possible.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Joy.

Been spending most of the day fading in and out of consciousness on the couch, only to be woken up about 20 minutes ago by an insane noise that sounded like a bear was coming through my windows in my bedroom and was all tangled up in the blinds.

Scared the fucking shit out of me.

And guess what? It was only a bunch of fluorescent lights crashing down out of the ceiling instead.

The resulting mess has left me wishing it was a bear instead. At least then I'd have something to roast over a fire tonight, rather glass slivers and drywall dust all over my room.

6. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not NEARLY drunk enough. Went to watch Purdue play Toledo today (I am a Purdue alumni, had great seats) only to watch their starting QB go down with an injury and watch them lose... to fucking Toledo.

What... the... fuck.

Came home and have been listening to my wife complain all night about her computer being a piece of shit and not working properly as she tries to back it up and upgrade to Windows 7. Every time I offer to help or to fix it, she just yells at me that she can do it on her own. Then she asks me for help again, and then complains AGAIN that I am "bothering her."

Damn independent women!

Need more booze...

7. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Staying in this weekend to study for exams.

I am now buzzed on wine. Football+Paul Newman+vino=distracted me. I suck.

So irritated. It's really early and I've already been accepted to a grad program. I have to give them an answer by Oct 15. I won't even interview at other places by then. I wish I could delay it til Dec 15.

8. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone think Kellen Moore might be a lesbian woman?

9. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my best buddies from home is the homecoming king at a very large university in the Midwest. Woohoo!

10. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Somebody else did the drinking tonight. Some ass hat was just outside my house banging on one of my windows yelling - nay begging - for Shelly to open up the door. By the time I got my bat and my boots and then made it outside he was gone. So much for a decent nights sleep.

11. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

My doppelgänger is the epitome of everything that's wring w our culture. every other day I hear that I look like this bitch. Oh wow. O never heard that before you're so original and clever. I hate you. Ok if it weren't for autotype none of this would be legitble. I wish I was in Colorado rout now

12. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Local movie theater serves drinks, which is probably a bad idea. The fat woman behind me had a squeeky seat and would start rocking back and forth furiously during all the intense parts of The Town like she was cumming every time Jeremy Renner fired a gun. If the theater wasn't so packed I probably would have flipped the fuck out. Ruined what I thought was a pretty good movie.

Also, my new Guitar World came with 3D GLASSES AND 3D PICTURES! I don't see myself renewing my subscription.

13. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got a weird call at roughly 9 pm from one of my mother's (now former) friends. Apparently, she had her Audi stolen two weeks ago, and is now doing some amateur detective work, since "the police haven't done anything". Her suspect?

My 81 year-old step grandfather, that's who.

Nevermind that he is a perfectly sane, very kindly man who still volunteers at the local homeless shelter. Or the fact that he has his own car, and there isn't any space in his apartment's driveway for another. No, this guy wouldn't be able to steal ANYONE'S car if he set his heart on it. Firstly, while he doesn't even know where this woman lives, even if he did, he would never get back home without at least several major crashes. He is a horrible driver whose sense of where he is and where he needs to get to is worse than that of a lemming.

Secondly, he has had two hip replacement surgeries, and his back is an absolute mess. He walks real slow, and has a hard time getting in and out of his own car. Him breaking into someone else's car, as well as their house (per the phone call), stealing a bunch of stuff, then loading it all into the automobile and getting away without anyone noticing would be like an 8 year-old girl beating Brock Lesnar in a wrestling match.

Crazy stuff.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I discovered my special stash of German beer is expiring this month. I guess it's a good thing overall: I can't just keep the stuff in my booze cabinet forever, hoping to keep this special bit of Munich with me in perpetuity. I should probably invite some friends over to drink it with them. But in the end, the bigger tragedy than running out of this stuff is not drinking it before it goes bad.

But the salient feature of this story is that I'm having one right now. Holy tits is this stuff good. Those Germans sure know what they're doing. This is what Ben Franklin spoke of when he said that beer is proof that God exists and wants us to be happy. I remember awhile ago we were having some debates as to where the idiot board's convention should be held. Without any doubt, it should be in Munich.

By the way, if anyone was wondering, the closest widely available beer in North America to German beer hall beers is (and in particular, Augustiner, which is probably the most popular brand), in my opinion, Löwenbräu. The only other widely available pale Bavarian lager is Beck's and, while it's good, isn't quite the same. The only way I can describe it is that Löwenbräu kind of tastes like there's soap in it. I mean, I know the description sounds disgusting, but try it - there's this strange kind of astringent after-taste that tastes as though someone took soap and took out all of the icky bitterness and left you with a wonderful, wonderful something that's better than normal hop bitterness.

EDIT: KIMaster, may I ask, how does someone come to suspect (I presume) their friend's 81 year old father in a car theft?

15. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh, tonight was alright. Went to a Navy BBq which kind of sucked. But during, had a long talk with the girlie about our relationship, which ended up alright. But it'll probably end when I graduate in a couple months, but she doesn't know that, just saying.

Then I decided to drive (not the best idea) down to a buddies birthday party on the beach and have a few drinks with some old friends whom I haven't seen in a bit. Good times, but bad idea to drive while buzzed...stupid me. Oh well, I'm alive and all is well. (Don't be stupid and drive after you've had a few...please?)

16. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Had a 12 hour shoot today.

Have another tomorrow.

Fuck me.

17. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's the same question I asked my mother. Apparently, one of this woman's friends "saw him" around their neighborhood that night.

And no, my step grandfather is not my mother's father; we're only related by marriage, not blood. (He married my grandmother when they were both around 60) Which is a goddamn shame, because both his parents lived to be 95+ years old despite living through two World Wars, a revolution, and a Civil War, and he will live to that same age easily, despite smoking every day until he was 65.

I want to have genetics like that!

18. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

God damn what an interesting night. I managed to not get lynched so that in itself is a success. During the rodeo they decided to ask the audience for volunteers for a banana eating competition. Of course, the people that I was with volunteered my ass and of course I managed to get selected. I think I came in a tie for 1st because (I was blindfolded) they made the crowd cheer for who won. I'm pretty sure I heard some boos. They gave the $100 gift certificate to the other guy. Bastards. That's right I'm throwing the race card. No one deep throats a banana like this fuckin guy. Then the night led to an intense god debate where I was advised not to have god debates with southerners. Ah well. Definitely a night to remember.

19. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Life is hard.

20. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Beleeeeee dat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.