Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways - HBO

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just watched the first two episodes, and holy fuck am I impressed.

Always liked Dave Grohl, but he's done a fantastic job with this series... can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Anyone else watching it?

#1 Nettdata, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's pretty awesome to see the music history in these cities. So far the DC show is my favorite. Then maybe the Nashville one.

3. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have been watching and am surprised that it isn't getting more love here. To those of you writing it off because "I don't like the Foo Fighters", give it a shot. One of the things that I am most impressed with is how "non-selfish" it seems on the part of a band. Sure they made a docu-series about them creating a new album so that would seem contradictory. Instead it comes off as a docu-series by guys who love music, all types of music. They musicians they highlight get top billing, the city is supporting cast, and the Foo Fighters just play the closing song as the credits roll.

4. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was super excited when I saw this several months ago and caught the premier episode, really enjoyed it. Unfortunately just had time to finish the second episode yesterday so I'm still pretty far behind.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

To anybody who loves rock music this show is simply a wonderful ode to the best music cities in America. Grohl is a hilarious and likeable cat whether or not you like his music and has a deep-rooted love for ALL genres of rock.

Loved the L.A episode in the desert. I think Taylor came while watching Joe Walsh. These guys live the dream and good for them.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

As a long-time musician and lover of music, I can't speak highly enough about this show. I'm really, really impressed with what Grohl has created.

The dude is just incredibly talented in so many areas.

7. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Finally watched this. Husband picked the Austin episode since it's our backyard. Can't say enough good things about it. I thought it was gonna be a FF circle jerk; it's not. FF are hardly in it, really. Anyone who has even a passing interest in music other than Biebs et al will find something to enjoy. So just watch it!

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it still only available on HBO / HBO Go? I haven't seen it listed on DVD anywhere yet, and was wondering if I just missed it.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's still available here in our HBO station, all episodes. Can't speak for you guys.

The L.A./Palm Springs episode was my favourite. Those desert parties they were showing with Kyuss....WANT.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded