Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fizzy Lifting Drink

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like to wash my Malk down with some Red Tick beer.
    [​IMG]
    Needs more dog.

As for the focus. I drink more Mello Yello, Mountain Dew and Arizona Arnold Palmer than one person probably should. All Diet drinks literally make me sick to my stomach, and when I accidentally buy one (has happened more than once), I have to dump it out. Same goes for Propel, and drinks of that sort. Pretty sure there's some fake sugar in those things, and I can not stomach it.

2. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is no need for discussion

Attached Files:

• dp.jpg
      dp.jpg
      File size:
      9.1 KB
      Views:
  3. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

blah EWWWWW

[​IMG]

Focus McDonalds orange drink is awesome.

4. Fracas

Fracas
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

Anyone who knows me knows I'll drink the SHIT out of some OJ. I can put away a carton a day, easy. One of my ultimate pet peeves is that most places will charge you $3 or more for a "large" glass of orange juice that's basically a shot. Sweet, sweet OJ - why can't you flow freely?

I'll second Cheerwine as an old favorite I haven't tasted in years. Why doesn't the RC company work on some national distro for that shit? Out west, we have this...

[​IMG]

...which I'd probably love had I grown up with it.

5. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Publix chocolate milk. They sell it in half gallon bottles, and you have to get the regular kind that is seen in the picture, not the low fat kind with the brown label. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that it is about the worst drink that you could put in your body, calorie-wise, and I don't have a great metabolism, so I rarely buy it.

[​IMG]

Up until about two years ago I could never drink diet drinks of any kind, but then I developed a taste for them when my mom started drinking Coke Zero. Now I can drink pretty much any diet drink. The only ones that I have had that still taste bad to me are Diet Cherry Coke and Sprite Zero. Cherry Coke Zero is good, though. I've found that Sprite Zero tastes good at first but then it leaves a horrible after taste that leaves you thirstier. I haven't had Diet Cherry Pepsi yet, but I guess that I will have to try it since one of the posters in this thread recommended it.

Switching from regular to diet soda has been great for my waist line, but I honestly think that all the artificial sweeteners have hurt my intelligence and made me borderline bipolar.

6. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

7. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Holy fuck you yanks have it good soft-drink wise, man I love mountain dew but the only place that sells it in Belfast is this fucking Chinese supermarket who import the shit from China. So it's Chinese mountain dew so I'll never know if it is as good, but jesus christ it's nice.

Also, you guys have gatorade at it comes in those fuck off big bottles out of vending machines. Man, Riptude Rush flavour is beautiful, I'd kill for that over here.

Myself, I drink Coca-Cola, when I have money I probably drink about 3 litres of it a day + other soft drinks. The problem with Coke however is that the container it comes in makes all the difference.

2Litre Bottle? Pour it in a glass and it's fine, however only the first half, the secound half I often just pour a way, it tastes like shit.

Cans? These are fine, probably your best choice, however they are too small and easy to drink. And forget about multi-pack cans, you no why they have "multi-pack not for re-sale" stamped on the top? No, it's not becuase sellers get them cheaper, it's becuase it is an inferior product. The can is pressurised differently and made from a different material I think, tastes worse.

500ml Bottles? Yeah, these are okay, but never seem to cool very well in those stupid fucking open fridges you get. Also they get a bit flat towards the end and almost always fizz over and make your hands sticky.

Glass Bottles: These used to be good, but now it seems they use child safe plasti-glass and it just doesn't taste right. Doesn't cool properly either.

Bar Packs: These are fucking perfect, you know when you go to a bar and the coke comes out a tap, they get these fucking boxes of coke out back and mix it with the local tap water after carbonating it. This makes it fucking spot on, however the flavour can change with location due to the water source, so there's that to look out for too.

I love my coke.

9. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3Liters? Holy shit son, do you even have teeth left?

10. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I know this screed of mine is getting old, but I'll rattle it off any time this subject comes up: I'm not addicted to Mountain Dew. I can quit any time I want. Control's the important part. I don't consider myself an addict, I just want a taste, I'll slow down tomorrow, oh like YOU'RE perfect reading this board when you're supposed to be working, yeah I've seriously considered going to meetings where's my Mountain Dew OH GOD I NEED IT NOW DON'T PUT ME IN DETOX, KILL ME FIRST!! (whimper)

11. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I WAS an honest to God addict. I cannot stand the taste of Diet Mt. Dew and I wasn't willing to keep drinking those calories so... I went cold turkey on September 6th. The only Mt. Dew I've had since then was a couple of swallows at the state fair and it was like drinking syrup.

Around Christmas I do splurge and drink this (calories and all) because it's deee-licious!
    [​IMG]

But my daily caffeine fix comes from coffee (Trader Joe's Peaberry, French Pressed) or Diet Dr. Pepper. Coke Zero is right up there too.

12. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

This shit is carbonated crystal meth. Whenever I buy a new video game I've been dying to play, I buy a fridge pack of this and marinate in my own funk for 48 hours straight.

13. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus are you serious? That stuff was undrinkable. Freshman year of college I was heading over to a friend's dorm room between classes, on the way there, I passed a pickup truck full of Pepsi Blue, handing it out to students, as much as they could carry. I filled up my backpack, headed to my friends dorm, then we got more backpacks and went back and scrounged what was left of the Blue to take back.

We tried EVERYTHING to make it drinkable. Alone, with vodka, rum, everclear, soco. Nothing worked. NOTHING. IT was gross. The alcohol made it a little better, but still GROSS.

Well, actually I don't think we tried tequila. Hmm...

14. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The McDonald's orange drink is Hi-C orange and it is delicious.

15. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

This is absolutely the best drink ever. I would like to drink it year round, but sadly 7Up has decided to make it a Christmas season only drink.

Year round, Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Dr. Pepper are my go to drinks. The Coke Zero line (regular, cherry, vanilla) is pretty good, but I always come back to the Diet Dew and Diet Dr. Pepper.

16. benny lava

benny lava
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

BLATANT THREAD JACK.

What the fuck is up with all the pictures of bottles in front of a tree? Who the fuck took all of those and why?

17. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Coffee, specifically mocha java brewed in my French press. I drink it all day long.

Once in a while, I'll grab a soda and it'll be a Mountain Dew (unless I'm buying from one of the vending machines on campus which sells the Coca-Cola alternative "Vault"), but I have to be careful to curb it at 1-2 once in a great while, otherwise I go on a bad soda binge. Vernor's Ginger Ale is another favorite.

18. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus, you drive a Miata AND drink Mountain Dew fucking LIVEWIRE? Someone please ban him.

19. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently the folks at http://www.bevreview.com like to photograph drinks in that one exact spot. And their images turn up first (or close to it) in Google image searches.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I test marketed it before it came out. They wanted to call it Diablo and made us try five or six different flavors that tasted more like Orange Slice. I suggested the name Agent Orange to go along with Mnt Dew Code Red. They didnt think my Vietnam defoliant reference was as funny as I did.