Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

First vampires, now this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danger Boy, May 25, 2010.

1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? You think they don't care? The fact that they're doing this is proof that they care way, way, way too much. They're just doing the opposite of the person who wears exactly what the rest of the cool kids in the school wear. If nobody cared about this they probably would have stopped way before any news coverage.

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was into Lord of the Rings. I wasn't even that into the books and movies, but still. Makes me shudder.

3. Bryan

Bryan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

When I was in high school I used to take girls on dates, like to the movies or dinner. I didn't put them on a pedestal, but I cared what they thought and treated them like equals.

Now the most I offer is meeting up for drinks or tagging along with my friends and I to pregame and/or party. I treat them somewhere between spoiled children and like stocks in a diversified portfolio, not caring about individual girls because there's other girls to balance them out if they don't put out.

You learn a lot in a few years.

4. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    "LOL"

Yeah, she doesn't want attention at all. She did some random act of sick-fuckery, posted pictures she took of the act on the internet, and talked to the paper about what she did. Clearly this guys is serious business and not just attention whoring it up to fill the hole in their soul because daddy once spanked them.

All these kids need a taste of the real world and an ass beating.

5. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this only seems really far out there to a lot of us because of where our baseline is. If you hang out with punk kids and get a big flaming skull tattooed across your back, that's probably not going to be a big deal. If you're from a straight laced conservative family and get a tiny little heart tattooed on your ankle, it's going to be a big fucking deal.

These kids seem completely wacko to me, but when I was in high school the most far out there people were a couple goths. If I was in school now with every other kid being an emo or hipster, this wouldn't seem too far out to me. Maybe the hardcore band geeks that were pretty normal when I was in school would seem strange to the kids in school now.

I do think this group is pretty lame though. There are some cliques, like jocks, or band geeks, or hackers, or the nerd patrol, where being in the group means developing some sort of skill or knowledge. But, it seems like a waste when your high school identity goes no further than being a fan boy or a music snob.

Alt Focus: In high school I was just sort of a normal nerd. I actually regret not doing more stupid shit like this. Maybe I'd be embarrassed now, but I'd probably also have a lot better stories to tell.

6. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Does anyone else find it a little coincidental that lately there has been a lot of stuff like this going on?

Twihard fangirls getting their inverted penises twizzled at the thought of their perfect corpse/animal lover, and the inevitable disappointment at their current real-life male costar not being a creepy stalker/an abusive fuck/someone who isn't a figment of her imagination?

The Avatards who become so depressed when they realize that the film is over and the not-avatar-reality of the real world starts to sink in that they paint themselves blue and strangle each other on the third hole fairway at the country club?

Is this just another statistical data point implying the increasingly distant-from-reality population of this country?

I think these people need to get some grounding in reality, and I think the reason they're so detached in the first place is that they don't really interact with the world on the same level as we have historically due to practices such as basement dwelling and arguing over the internet. I think the artificial social constructions we have raised is causing us to become more and more detached from the reality of actual life lived in person (which you could argue in itself is just another artificial construction that detaches us from our natural environment) and in such a case your own grip on reality doesn't extend much beyond the borders of your bedroom, so reality takes on a kind of theoretical denotation that closes the gap between reality and fantasy to the point where a person can shift their outlook on life to that of an artificial storyline, or even shift their entire lifestyle (in this case) to attempt to embody something that to them is more real than reality.

Tl;dr: BURN DOWN THE INTERNET AND START A PIG FARM (It increases the number of soldiers you can command on the battlefield by 6)

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What a bunch of idiots.

We all know there will only ever be one teen werewolf.

#47 Nettdata, May 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015