Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Firefly

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rush-O-Matic, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate starting a new thread for this, but I wasn't sure where to put it . . .

Any big fans of this that could help me out? I watched the original series back when it was on Netflix. I watched all of season 1 over the course of a few weeks and then watched the Serenity movie. At least that's what I thought I did. In the movie,
    Wash dies.

I wanted to re-watch the whole thing, so I bought a used copy of the complete series on DVD. This is the listing for the discs:
    upload_2018-6-21_11-44-13.png

That puts Serenity first. It also lists the episodes in a different order than IMDB
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

So, if you watch it in that order, doesn't that thing with Wash in Serenity create a pretty big spoiler? If I watch this with someone who has never seen it, I feel like I should do Serenity last. But, it's been several years. And, I'm old, so maybe my memory is failing me.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

First, the Serenity in the TV Show/episode is not the movie... no spoilers.

2nd, the bright fuckwads at Fox that cancelled the show weren't happy with the pacing of the pilot, so told them to run an "exciting" episode first to draw people in, which is why the order they were meant to be shown in is different than the actual air dates.

https://www.quora.com/Did-Firefly-air-out-of-order-If-so-why

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahhhhh. Thanks!