Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Find me a find, catch me a catch...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You certainly don't look 26 though.

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like I said, unused. Forgotten I'd made it invisible. Now fixed.

3. NotaPharmacist

NotaPharmacist
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Because I have nothing to do tonight (cross-country move on Monday), I'll fess up that this monster was mine:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/profile/jaycee1285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/profile/jaycee1285</a>

So for the random guy from Israel? Yeah, criticism.

4. YCOSeth

YCOSeth
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

How did I never know this was free? Making ridiculous profiles to troll people from is one of my favorite hobbies! I'm on the case!

5. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kind of a general question for you guys; when making a profile, do you go for a purely fun, humorous description, or a more honest, straightforward one, with some comedy, but also legitimate facts? I've done both; I had slightly more response with the latter, but the girls replying weren't qualitatively different.

I've gone back and forth on which is better.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I had an OKCupid profile about 3 years ago, and it was created more out of boredom than legitimate reasons. The site has a bunch of ways to waste time, and being an (at the time) 19 year old college student on a Wednesday night, what else did I have to do?

I did take the time to fill out the profile. I kept it light but accurate and put a couple of pictures up. I always felt like people who take the time to write 10 paragraphs about themselves are either desperate or take themselves way too seriously. Keeping it short and simple is key.

I actually met my fiance on here. Of course, I don't tell many people that, my family included. He had just moved to the area and didn't know anyone. We hit it off really well. As a result, we also deleted our profiles on that site, so I don't get to feed to jackals. Sorry folks.

7. Captain Apathy

Captain Apathy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm on Match.com, so you have to be a registered user to see my profile. That said, here's my "about me and who I'm looking for" section:

8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've only scanned a few of the profiles posted here (and I applaud those of you who did--that took guts) and, while I've never been to one of those types of sites before (I was married before Al Gore invented the Internet, so I had to do it the old-fashioned way--with over-rpiced drinks in meat markets) here's just a few observations/suggestions:

Peruvian Soup: Only thing that jumped out at me was in the "6 things I couldn't do without" where you ranked your bed above the people in your life. I'm all for a good night's sleep, but it just hits me as sending the wrong message.

ASL: You talk a lot of laughter and making people laugh, but the profile lacks any evidence of this. Maybe add some humor? Also, as with P. Soup, in the "6 things..." you list friends last...behind a season. What would summer be without friends? Again, I just think this sends the wrong message.

Travdiddy84: "If you're able to play tennis with me, it would be a big plus." Maybe soften this up a little: "I really enjoy tennis, having played for X years. Do you? Would you like to learn?"

Also, the paragraph about your job paying well enough for you to buy a house: You're income is already referenced. Maybe soften this up a little, too: "Since purchasing my own home, I've discovered both an interest and knack for home improvement projects..."

9. tempest

tempest
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You have to be a member to view match.com profiles, so I just took a screen shot.

Sigh... have at it:

Attached Files:

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I love how your quick chemistry match is with a guy.

11. tempest

tempest
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That's what happens when you log in as yourself to look at your own profile.

Hey, at least I'm compatible with myself.

12. Rabbit B.

Rabbit B.
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/profile/restinrabbit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/profile/restinrabbit</a>

Made this about a week ago. Timely thread.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

"I really enjoy being around people that are very smart..."

You mean "who." Just sayin'.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

To his credit, he didn't say he was smart.

15. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

16. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I met my ex on OK Cupid. He seemed to be a good catch (super attractive and hilarious) until he turned into a jealous, clingy motherfucker. I decided to try it again a while ago only to be continually bombarded with "You Might Be Interested In [DouchebagExBf]."

Also the one dude I bothered to meet up the second time around was significantly less attractive than his photos would have you believe. He asked me out again and I, not knowing how to reject people, just decided to shut my account down. A month later I get a friend request on Facebook from the guy, despite never having told him my last name.

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should throw up a pic of your tits. That will help with the guys and even give the ladies someone they could swap bras with.

18. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I don't wear a bra.

MANSSIERE. (Also, they take down fake pictures you get when you google "man breasts").

19. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Since you're "Married" and "Bisexual" you'd get many more dates with Craigslist. You could just hang out at rest stops or wherever other black dudes who are on the DL hang out.

20. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

How do you think I found this place?