Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Feast or Famine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Last weekend I went to my college roommate's wedding. When we started as roommates, neither one of us had a girlfriend. He was lamenting halfway through the year that no girls were interested in him. "Yeah," I said, "but once you have one, you'll have at least two."

"Huh?" he said.

"It's Frylock's law of chick interest. You either have nobody interested in you, or more than one. Once you've got one, you appear desirable and then you'll get more."

"No," he says, "it's hard enough to get one girl interested in me, let alone two."

He didn't believe me. A few months later a girl did get interested and they started dating. A month after that, he comes back into the room looking flustered.

"OK, you know Frylock's law? Nevermind what I said. It's true."

"Oh?" I said.

"I was just hanging out in this other girl's room. We're in a study group. She goes out for a while, but her roommate is there and we're just talking about whatever. And then, the next thing I know, she's sitting on my lap and she just started kissing me! It happened so fast!"

He didn't go for it, but he had the opportunity.

FOCUS: Tell us about your times of extreme feast or famine, or extraordinary switches from one to the other. Is Frylock's law true, or was this just a coincidence?

2. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

This shit is 100% true. Women seem to have an extra sensory organ science is unaware of dedicated to sensing whether or not a guy is with a woman. It is absolutely amazing. This is why the slumpbuster is forced to exist. I have never had as many women interested in me as I have in the times I have been in a committed relationship.

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Otherwise known as stressed, anxious, desperate guys with blue balls are less attractive. Confident and relaxed well laid guys are more attractive. When you're getting regularly laid, and not stressed about where your next fuck is coming from, you chill the fuck out and can be normal instead of being a desperate asshole.

I split with my ex in December last year, and left my shit job in February. Since then, I've moved to a different job with an 80% pay increase and I'm slowly fixing a bunch of my money problems and currently have three regular fuck buddy/play partners and about a dozen other people who have let me know that they're interested in fucking me. The three current regulars are all ludicrously cool people, smart, funny and genuinely good people. And they're all easily in the top 5 hottest girls I've ever fucked. Two of them are easily in the top 3. Add to that that I've dropped a bunch of weight and found some allieviation for chronic pain problems that have been a long term issue - and my life feels pretty fucking awesome lately.

After a long period of poor health and massive financial stress, some of the worst health of my life, and the inevitable stress that comes before a marriage ends - it's a fucking huge shift. I still have money problems - but I can actually afford to live comfortably while I deal with those problems at the moment where before I could barely live comfortably, letalone deal with that shit. I've got major issues to deal with in the next few months - some of them really, really major issues - but right at the moment - things are golden. The hardest part of my life right at the moment is remembering that I worked my balls off to get things unfucked, and while it's currently better than I deserve, it could all end up fucked again if I don't keep doing the right shit and managing my situation.

4. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, what you said is true, but fuck calling it "Frylock's law of chick interest."
    This is a well known fact, and I think Cracked.com wrote about it, so don't even try to claim ownership of it.
    When you are hot, and you know you are hot, you exude confidence that you cannot fake, and it attracts people. Not only in a sexual way; I'm sure that any salesmen/women on this board can back me up here. People want to buy from a good salesman who has made a lot of sales recently BECAUSE HE IS GOOD AT IT! FOR THAT TIME, HE IS GOOD AT IT!
    There are boatloads of burned out, over-the-hill salesmen out there.
    Ride the wave while you can.

5. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

From the fated day I lost my virginity my freshman year of college, I have, for the most part, had a steady girlfriend. When I haven't I have usually been fucking someone. I mean, sometimes they were either huge bitches, or not the prettiest girl in the class, but for the most part I had no trouble attracting the ladies I wanted. One time "Fry's Law" really applied though. I had just broken up with "Jess" and had just started hooking up with "Ashley." After that whole ordeal started, I was still in touch with Jess, we met up a few times post break-up, and hooked up, as well as my continual hookups with Jess. Ashley knew about it, and didn't care, Jess never found out. I went to hang out with a few friends one night (during this whole phase) and laid off of a girl who was very attractive, because a friend of mine had laid claim to her. She tried to jump me, and it never happened. She's been dating him for the two years since. I give him shit for it all the time.

When it rains it fucking pours. It's kind of silly when it happens to you, when it's not it, is hard see it coming.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think Tucker had this as a thread focus back on RMMB, but its absolutely true.

Im a serial monogomist, but the time periods where I was single you quickly learn that once you have one, the economies of scale start working your favor. Most of the girls I slept with during my single periods were girls I knew that clearly wanted me when I was in a relationship, so maybe thats cheating?

7. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's true because the fact that a woman is having sex with you tells other women you have already been screened for sex-worthy qualities. This means other women don't have to get to know you first to want to have sex with you. It's all explained much better in the book 'Sperm Wars'.

8. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Looking back on it now, it probably would have been more prudent of me to take advantage of what was being offered than to keep throwing good money after bad - literally and metaphorically.

I was so preoccupied with trying to make my dysfunctional relationship work, that I actively went out of my way to preemptively eliminate any possible crush a girl would have on me. I set up a few of those girls with my friends, simply trying to divert their attention. It worked, but I won't say that I have no regrets - damn she was hot; legs that just kept going and going.

9. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Like everyone else has said, I have definitely found this to be the case. I would say that my time getting laid vs. not getting laid (i.e. at any given point, I can call up a girl to get laid vs. needing to troll for pussy) is maybe a 60/40 ratio.

About two years ago I was actively either sleeping with or in various forms of dating four girls at once. This went on for like 4 or 5 months, and then I pretty much cut off contact for the summer. Then very few prospects for like six months. This cycle has repeated itself in some form for about 3 years now.

I've now been dating a girl for about 8 months and in that time I've had women virtually throwing themselves at me. Here are two text messages I've gotten in the last two weeks: 1) "hey man, this girl had you as a nude model in her art class and she wants to fuck you, hahaha" and 2) "yo we're at [bar], this girl Becky wants me to invite you here, she wants to make out with you." I don't even know a Becky. Now that I think about it, I've probably thrown away more pussy in the last 8 months than in the several years preceding that combined. Damnit.

10. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This. See, when you're single, you (meaning guys) make us aware that you are. If you're in a relationship, you're actually yourself, for the most part. You show your personality, aren't trying to impress, are just being you. Because you *know* when you go home, you're getting some (well, as long as she isn't pissed at you). You act differently. You can try to lie all you want, but I have a plethora of male friends, and I can watch the cycle. It's unintentional, but it's a change of attitude.

Best advice ever to guys? Don't try to get laid tonight, try to get laid next week. Don't lie about a girlfriend, etc., but put it in your mind that you're just trying to make friends, not just getting someone naked tonight.

11. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The day I meet a girl that is as intellectually stimulating as she is in bed is the day I get married.
    My ex was smart as a tack, but an ice queen, most of the girls I've slept with since then are dumb but like to fuck.
    I have to echo what's already been said here though, the less you care about sex the more you'll get.

12. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you really want proof of this, just put on a wedding ring.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this is true.

BUT

To play the Devil's Advocate...when you're single, you remember your failures. If you go home without getting laid or at least a number, you might add that to the loss column.

But when you're in a relationship, because you don't particularly want to get laid (at least, by a third party) or at least don't expect it. ...it doesn't seem noticeable when you aren't hit on. Thus, since you only notice when you ARE hit on, they seem more common than they are.

14. captainjackass

captainjackass
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

^ While that may be true, I think you would certainly remember the instances when a hot piece of ass threw herself at you when you were single and desperate for sex.

The times this happens when you're in a relationship seems to happen much more. And yes, it because you really don't give a shit about hooking up with other people. In fact, its considered work to even ponder the moral conundrum when it comes up.

15. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

"I had a friend who didn't get laid for months. Then he pulled two girls in one week. Quite big-boned girls, too. He mentioned how funny it was that this happened, and I replied, 'yeah, they're like buses.'

'I know what you mean,' he said. 'You wait ages for one and then two come along at the same time!'

'No,' I replied. They are like buses."

Now you might be wondering what this Jimmy Carr bit has to with anything, and the answer is this: If you're really in a famine, do what I do and have sex with fat people. Then, you can have your feast and eat it too.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And with that, let's let this thread get hit by a bus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.