Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Apparently all the zombies are locked in the arena?

This show annoys me for various reasons. They leave a lot left for the viewer to figure out. The person outside the gate...were they shooting zombies or did they get shot? Will we ever find out? It seems like they're trying to pack too much into 6 episodes.

I hope Nick dies in next episode. His character serves no purpose and it boggles my mind why he's still wearing the clothes he stole from the hospital.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, and his sister tried on 17 or 18 fancy pants outfits and made fuck me eyes at her future step brother because angst.

3. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About the best way Fear The Walking Dead could intersect with The Walking Dead is if we see these people as walkers that someone decapitates with a machete or shoots in the eye with a crossbow bolt.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Really enjoyed the finale. Great pacing and some decent action. I don't get why Corporal Blue Balls shot Ophelia, but whatever. And I'm not sure what Old Spice Guy is up to, but he seems legit. And I'm sure the only reason they killed off Liza was because she has to go film season 4 of Orange is the New Black. Junkie Depp and Travis had some decent arcs come to a close.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

a) She betrayed him by using his sexual desires against him to lead him to be tortured
    b) Best way to get back at Daniel is to take something he cares about
    c) If I can't have her, nobody can have her
    d) All of the above

[/QUOTE]And I'm not sure what Old Spice Guy is up to, but he seems legit.[/QUOTE]

Once I saw Abigail, I was like WTF. Boats. Georgia has a coast and Brunswick is a huge port. Zombies can't swim. Why haven't Rick & company been hanging out on a boats all this time? The Georgia coast is a shit load closer than Washington DC. They could even take a boat north TO DC. Once you neutralize any zombies, that vessel is secure and you're done. Anchor 200 yards off shore and make a few supply runs every now and then, right?

6. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's a silly question: now that we've seen "The Collapse of Western Civilization", or as much of it as they deem to show us, what's season 2 gonna be? TWD, West Coast Edition? A different group of survivors running into the same troubles and dilemmas Rick & Co. have already dealt with?

Is the CDC episode really ALL we'll ever know of the worldwide effect? That is a massive missed opportunity.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes? Yes. No.

There were plenty of episodes of TWD where I said to myself or to the screen "why didn't they just. . .?" or "Ugh, I would have done this." Different responses to similar scenarios could be interesting.

8. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't think the downfall of civilization has quite happened yet. Yes Victor wants to go out on his boat, yes it's the smart move. But I don't believe they'll all go on the boat without questioning the decision. I would guess most of them are at still holding out hope that the government is going to save them and that their life will go back to normal.

9. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This last episode was horrible. So we are supposed to believe this group
    Of soccer moms and guidance counselors didn't spent 10 minutes discussing the moral Implicatioms of letting a veteran Guatemalan war guerrilla use 3,000 zombies as a weapon against hundreds of innocent prisoners and patients?
    The problem with these stupid shows is not that they push the envelope of morality its that the plot progression and writing doesn't make any sense. They don't bother to confront the most significant thematic issue they show us- how do everyday people react to and confront the internal conflict associated with murdering hundreds of people to save their kid. The fact they went to the trouble to release all those prisoners makes me think the writers didn't even consider it. Horrible.

10. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It does seem like there should have been more of a moral dilemma about sending the hoard of zombies. Then again they were just abandoned by the group that was supposed to protect them so I can see how it was an easy decision.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 3 episodes in and I want to quit this show. I was planning on binge watching all 5 episode, but I just couldn't. All I keep screaming is "People wouldn't act like this!"
    Now I'm sure there would be some crashes and things getting messed up, but I don't buy the entirety of Los Angeles's power grid going down. It doesn't need people manning it 24/7, and I doubt it can get turned off by someone dying and falling onto a button. Just ridiculous.

Travis having seen a walker get hit by a car multiple times and sees how a gun saved his life is still against guns? Are you fucking kidding me? If a zombie apocalypse broke out, you best believe I'm hightailing it to Texas. I'm not going to let some hippy dippy liberals get me killed because they think zombies can be brought back. I might have to relegate this show to workout watching, because sitting down and actually focusing on these last two episodes upset me.

#31 Parker, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  12. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The wife and I binged through it this weekend and I agree with Parker, I am not a fan of the original but this is much worse.

I get that it's supposed to entertaining but when you yell at the tv because nobody would act like how the characters are acting it just stops being fun.

I would have given the show more credit if captain blue balls actually killed the girl instead of inflicting a convenient flesh wound.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead. What makes it more infuriating is that there is a TON of feedback from fans of The Walking Dead on what people hated, what critics attacked and all the Do's/Don't of that show. They ignored all of it. They could have taken everything they learned over the first 3-4 seasons of the original and not repeated those mistakes, but they didn't.