Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fargo

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Flat_Rate, May 7, 2014.

1. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So cool that it is about Molly's dad! And I suppose the two of them are the only ones guaranteed to be alive at the end of the season. I never take for granted anyone living these days. The scene with the KC folks and Ted Danson was so tense.

2. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This show is great at creating really tense moments that don't really lead to anything but you know are going to pay off later.
    - The snowy road scene, the cop/butcher shop scene, the cop in the typewriter shop, the cop "dance with me" scene. The cops are real shit disturbers this season...

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had this on my DVR and just binged the whole second season over a few days. It was great. I am amazed at how well they captured the spirit of the Coen Brothers' movies. Interesting stuff happens, none of it really matters, and even the stupid irritating characters win you over. Around the middle of the season Ed and Peggy went from being plot devices to the most compelling storyline, and it all made perfect sense in retrospect.

4. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My biggest problem with this season, and maybe I'm missing something obvious, but what was the purpose of the UFO? There are some theories that its presence could be chalked up to an unreliable narrator (Lester narrating the episode where it's the most prominent) but I don't buy that as it is referenced in more than one episode. Was it just a deus ex machina we're never meant to know?

Also, the last episode was kinda boring, the best part of it was
    The Indian becoming the mob boss Malvo kills in the restaurant in season 1, shown by the name on his fake ID. Also, the deaf hitman from season 1 being shown as a kid.

But besides those 2 grievances it was pretty stellar season. Maybe not quite as good as the first, and it definitely did live up to my expectations (especially ep 9). Light years beyond True Detective season 2.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't looked into, but in that part of the country, during that time period, UFO sightings were HUGE. Huge. So, since the whole thing is based on true events, I suspect there was some actual event that took place that multiple witnesses couldn't explain exactly, and it was chalked up as unexplained, i.e. UFO. I don't think it's supposed to mean that UFO's are real - I think it's supposed to mean that there was something real that happened that nobody ever was able to explain.

Loved this season and looking forward to the next.

6. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded