Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fargo

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Flat_Rate, May 7, 2014.

1. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a great show, too bad it's just a limited series, Billy Bob is always great to watch, good cast of characters. I always wonder why Colin Hanks doesn't work more than he does, he can act but I guess his dad throws a pretty big shadow.

Martin Freeman is trying hard here but I'd much rather be watching him next to Sherlock.

2. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Love this show so far. I love the storyline with Oliver Platt's character and Glenn Howerton's character that evolved this week.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They are really doing a hell of a job on this show. And Colin Hanks plays the incompetent police officer really well. Its almost frustrating to watch his character be such an nutless idiot.

4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, this show didn't really produce a lot of discussion on here, but I fucking loved it. Martin Freeman did a great job, and I hope he gets more chances to break away from being "the guy from the British Office" type of character.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

He was Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit, etc, and Watson on the BBC Sherlock reboot. I'm thinking he's getting tons of other chances than that "office guy".

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was such an awesome finale. I mean it just ended so well. Unfortunately, the way it seems, it looks like that might be it for the show. I can't see how they can continue. Unless they treat it like an American Horror Story type show and change it all up and name it something else. Just keep the same writers around and whatnot.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm 2 shows behind and can't wait to finish the series in the next couple of days, once Telus gets their act together and gets my internet hooked up.

I've really, really enjoyed the show so far and can't think of anything bad to say about any of the cast, and only fantastic things to say about Martin, Colin, and Allison.

Network TV can lick my ass.

8. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll agree with everyone else who has said this was/is a great show. That finale was tense.

I also hope they can continue, but as Xray said that seems kind of hard at this point.

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I meant playing much darker characters. I read an interview with him where he talked about it a little bit.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It'll be interesting to see if he can pull it off... because he does have his "type".

Colin Hanks has done a good job of mixing it up... he went from playing the by-the-book detective on The Good Guys to that evil bastard in Dexter to his role in Fargo, and he's really shown some range.

11. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If renewed it will be an Anthology series according to Noah Hawley (creator & writer).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fargo-boss-appeals-anthology-series-695532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ies-695532</a>

12. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I could easily see it being like True Detective where they just have all new characters every season. They did tie in at least one major thing to the movie, which was really cool. A couple of the characters alluded to having been there during the action of the movie, although I looked to see if their names were listed in the characters from the movie and they were not.

I really enjoyed it. I had to take a break after the second episode because that level of darkness I have to be in the mood for. But fortunately On Demand got me back on track.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like they are going to treat Fargo like American Horror Story. I'm really glad for this because I enjoyed this first season tremendously and if they can come up with another dark and weirdly humorous story line again, I'm game.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they will be bringing back any of the previous cast.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The cast was super. But, I think they pursued and were able to get a great cast because the writing and tone was so good. I think they have the ability to repeat that. I read that the next season takes place in 1979, in the same part of the country,with the focus on Lou in his early 30's. (So, I guess Molly is not born yet.)

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Much like True Detective, it's going to rely so much on what that next story is.

Both shows have huge shoes to fill, so they better bring their "A" game.

16. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So far it looks like this new season is turning out well, way better than True Detective season 2.

Interesting characters with the Blomquists (Jesses Plemons really does look like a fat Matt Damon ie. Fat Damon). Even though I normally don't like Kirsten Dunst, I do in this role.

Also digging the wannabe mob boss (Jefferey Donovan) and the Atlanta thug (Bokeem Woodbine).

So far I'm really impressed, the shoot out, the cop and Atlanta thug showdown on the snowy road, and cop and butcher scene are making this my favorite show currently on TV at them moment.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Good to hear... I haven't found time to watch it yet (partly because I was afraid it was going to suck), but expect to shortly.

18. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I noticed my DVR has been recording it, but kind of got caught up in binge watching Fringe and so haven't made the time. Will do so this weekend.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The diner murder scene was really well done. The setup for the whole crime, the way it was shot (ha!), the attention to detail for the period, with the dialogue, jumbo bug spray can, tinkling bell on the door, was all a good tone setter for the whole series.

He'll always be Michael Weston to me.

I don't know Bokeem from anything else, and thought at first it was Dave Chappelle.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christ, looks like Todd gained at least 50 lbs for the role. That's a gonna be a bitch to lose. But he looked like he was really sticking his belly out in that fireplace scene.