Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fantasy Football, anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Aug 25, 2017.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Keenum has been killing it, but even though he threw almost 300 yards and four TDs on Sunday, and even though the Vikes are fucking 7-2, they're considering putting Bridgewater in, cause why not change horses mid-stream?

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I steamrolled through the regular season, and had a playoff bye last week. Part of that was because I was scoring tons of points and part was when I had down weeks, my opponent did, too. My QB was Deshaun Watson, but I've limping along with the occasional Matt Ryan with some Josh McCown help the past several weeks. I got a boost from AP the weeks he did well, but have been piecing together my backfield, as well. So, now I have these choices this weekend:

QB - Ryan vs. New Orleans or Flacco vs. Indy
    RB - Stewart vs. Tampa Bay or McKinnon vs. Green Bay (or Coleman vs. NO)

I can't seem to get anything other than a coin flip from other sources. Anybody have any insight?

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

New Orleans' defense eats grown men for breakfast. I wouldn't trust any QB against those guys, never mind Ryan, whom I trust about as much as my dick in a blender. I hate flacco because he has a punchable face, but against Indy, he's gonna have a good day.

Tampa should have won their last game and they're gonna end this season trying to show that they're better than their record indicates. Not a good team to play against right now in my opinion (which means nothing, because, Internet). New Orleans' defense, see above. That leaves you with McKinnon. Either GB is gonna rally with that fudge packer being out, or they're gonna fold. Unless they get some of that russian doping shit, smart money says they fold, because they just don't have the talent, or the available bodies anymore.

At this point in the season, you're either a have or have not with the playoffs. And for the teams that are outta the running, those guys still have a job to do but they don't wanna get their fourth concussion playing in a meaningless game.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nerd Alert! I'm playing for the Championship. Woo.

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Playing for the championship in week 17 is rough. No telling who is sitting and starting.

Brag: I just won my championship game. I was the second highest scoring team in the league and going against the highest scoring team. We both scored a pair of our lowest scores of the season.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of my four leagues this year, I placed first, first, second, and fucking 8th. Of course, the two I didn't win were my money leagues. 2nd in this board's league. And honestly, I should get a bonus 10 points on my score for having won two more games than anyone else in the league this year. Fuck. Whatever, I'll take the money.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was 7-6. The team I beat for the championship was 11-2. Fantasy football is a fickle bitch.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ha. Won my league. Picked up Stevan Ridley and Peyton Barber off the waiver wire two days before the games. Played them both, outscored the guys I replaced by 25 points, and won by 5 points.