Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fantasy Football, anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Aug 25, 2017.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's almost that time!

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How is everyone's draft looking?

I'm in a 12-person team at work, for small money. 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 flex - 1 D/ST - 1 K. 5 bench & 1 IR slot. Max 4 WRs and 4 RBs on each team.

My draft netted me:

QB: Russel Wilson
    QB: Andrew Luck (IR)
    WR: Michael Thomas
    WR: Amari Cooper
    WR: Tyreek Hill (bench)
    WR: Eric Decker (bench)
    RB: Lesean McCoy
    RB: Ty Montgomery
    RB: Robert Kelley (flex)
    RB: Giovoni Bernard (bench)
    TE: Delanie Walker
    K: Matt Bryant
    D/ST: Bills
    D/ST: Chargers (bench)

I'll be streaming D/ST.

I've thought hard about dropping Decker for Chris Hogan because I think Hogan is going to have a good year with Edelman out. But Decker has been so consistent when healthy...

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to keep working the waiver wire in the TiB league, but god damn, I'm already too good.

QB: Tom Brady (suck it Parker)
    RB: Le'veon Bell
    RB: Kerwynn Williams (who the fuck else will pick up the slack from David Johnson? CJ2k?)
    WR: Dez Bryant
    WR: Marvin Jones
    TE: Travis Kelce
    Flex: Christian McCaffery
    D: Carolina

Bench is
    RB Abdullah
    WR John Brown
    WR Corey Coleman
    WR Mike Wallace

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldn't be so confident in Kerwynn Williams. I picked him up as well but I think it's going to be a RBBC with Ellington, CJ2k and Williams, with nobody getting the kind of workload that DJ was getting.

Right now I'm considering dropping Decker for one of the following:
    • Corey Davis
    • John Brown (freshly dropped)
    • Marquise Lee
    • Brandon Marshall (freshly dropped)
    • Corey Coleman
    • Kendall Wright
    Our league only allows you to roster 4 WRs and 4 RBs total (and we play two of each + flex), so the WW isn't quite the flaming garbage heap that a lot of 12-team leagues are.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit, balls, Rob, you should have had me. Even with a Lions win, Stafford shit the bed tonight, and I, for one, am happy about it.

6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My team is a dumpster fire this year (unfortunately I was forced to auto-draft) and I was just offered a trade. Not sure if it's worth it or not.

QB: Andy Dalton
    RB: Jordan Howard
    RB: Mike Gillislee
    WR: Julio Jones
    WR: Jamison Crowder
    TE: Jordan Reed
    FLEX: Golden Tate
    D/ST: Chargers
    K: Dustin Hopkins

Bench:
    WR: TY Hilton
    RB: Mark Ingram
    RB: Paul Perkins
    WR: Donte Moncrief
    WR: Willie Snead
    RB: Thomas Rawls
    RB: Jacquizz Rodgers

I was offered a trade of Cam Newton for Mike Gillislee. I'm not really confident in any of my RB options week over week, but my QB option is clearly hot garbage.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's seriously nothing on the waiver wire better than Andy Dalton? Is everyone rostering two QBs?

Cam Newton doesn't look very good this year. And Gillislee looks like a decent RB option all year if the Patriots keep scoring and keep handing it to him on the goal line.

Newton is around the 20th ranked QB. Gillislee is around the 5th ranked RB. Even accounting for small sample size, I'd aim higher than Newton.

FWIW, the CBS trade value chart ranks Gillislee at more than double Newton's value.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ended up declining the trade and picking up Joe Flacco from the waiver wire. That was unfortunately about the best available option.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yikes.

I would start Riddick and Coleman and it's not really a question in my mind. Coleman at least is part of a high scoring offense and Riddick is part of the passing game. Moncrief is going to be a disaster until Luck returns and I just don't think Johnson is involved enough.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I moved to 3-0 in my league, despite only scoring 60 points this past weekend. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug . . .

"Take the "L" and man up!"
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BZSjLIoHjCl/

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have three options for Flex this week, non-PPR 10-team ESPN league:
    - Jerick McKinnon
    - Adrian Peterson
    - Mike Wallace

I don't expect McKinnon to repeat what he did last week, especially against Green Bay. But I'm not sure if AP has the ability, or the offensive line, to break out yet. I do think that either of them is a better option than Wallace. Anybody have any good advice?

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My feelings mirror yours. None is super reliable, but with the bad O-line in Arizona and Flacco being a straight-up liability this year, I think McKinnon might be the best option.

If you feel like you're the underdog in this matchup, I'd say AP probably has the highest ceiling - he's the only one of the three whose usage is unknown and Arizona might decide to ride him into the ground. But he could also get you 4 carries for 6 yards.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was projected as a 10 pt favorite, but Ertz score +5 for my opponent on Thu. I'm going with McKinnon. Thanks.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well. AP did have the higher ceiling. I won anyway, but still, AP is going to be a nice choice to have moving forward, I think.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All my other flex options are on a bye week. I am left with:
    A Thielen @ Clev
    T Coleman @ NYJ
    K Stills @ Bal

Even though he's against Cleveland, I am not crazy about Thielen since I also have McKinnon at RB. I know there are different strategy arguments, but I don't like to have to count on the same team in case something goes awry. Coleman is listed as questionable, and Stills plays tonight.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ended with with Thielen at Flex, becuase I decided to put Coleman at RB2. I have Watson, Hopkins and McKinnon, so I put up 154 points against my opponent. (Lol, I did that without playing a down!). w000t. So, I could've left Flex blank.

Man, it's fun when your "team" does well. This is by far the best start (7-1) I've had in this league. Most of us have been in it for almost 15 years, and beating certain teams in the league are more fulfilling than others. This was one of those. My opponent picked up Zach Miller prior to the game, then this happened:
    [​IMG]

then, he got outscored 154-65. JUSTICE! I mean, I feel bad for Miller, especially since he had to have leg-saving surgery, but I don't feel bad for my opponent.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, shit.

I have been dominating my league this year and it just came to cruel halt. Deshaun Watson was making me look like a genius. Dang. Bummer for Watson. Looks like he's headed for the RG3 career path, but I hope not. He's a much better pocket passer than RG3.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well that's a good start to this week. Slated out outscore my opponent by nearly 30 points. Then Shady + Bills D/ST netted me a grand total of 2.5.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Opposite effect here. Even with Watson going down, I was projected as 20 point favorite. Tyrod Taylor, for my opponent had 9 points deep into the game . . . hello garbage time, now 26 pts. Crap.

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Need to pick up a QB off waivers this week and the top three options are Rivers, Bortles, and Keenum. Really not considering Rivers due to the possible concussion issues. My gut instinct is to go with Keenum, but Bortles is playing against the Browns...