Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fantastic Surprises Inside! WDT 9/17/10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was 20, my best friend and I decided we were going to be part time cat burglars.

We scaled the outside of the building he lived in to get to the penthouse, only to find out (once we were already in) that the dude was home.

We chickened out and never tried it again.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Criminals in Australia? That umpossible?!??!?!?

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've never been in combat, but I know guys who have been. As one said, when the shit hits the fan, you just don't hear the bullets and the explosions, and you do hear orders and directions being called out. The intense stress of combat has interesting effects on the human body: your heart starts beating at an incredibly high pace, with attendant effects on the nervous and musculoskeletal systems. One of these effects is that your ears stop hearing noise. There are, in fact, muscles in the middle ear capable of dampening the vibrations of the little bones so that the noises aren't even transferred to the inner ear and onward to the brain. Gunners (i.e. artillerymen) in the midst of combat have been known to not even hear their guns as they go off, and afterwards, their ears don't even ring.

Also, you shit and piss yourself a lot. Like, a lot. They don't show that in the movies.

There's a U.S. Army lefftenant colonel who's written a few books on the subject if you want to do some more reading on it. It's called On Combat (and I think there was another one called On Killing), and his name was Rex Grossman. I think.

4. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1) If you don't fully understand what hollow points are supposed to do, you shouldn't be shooting them in the first place.

2) If you can't tell whether your ammunition is hollow point or not, you really shouldn't be shooting anything.

3) Don't use "I need moar home invasion protekshun" as an excuse. That's not why you want to buy a new gun. You want it as a toy to play with when you're drunk. My guess is you feel a general sense of powerlessness in your life and subconsciously you see shooting and destroying things as a means of experiencing the power and control you don't get to feel when you're in everyday normal land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.