Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Falling Skies

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone else watching this?

It's like Red Dawn meets The Puppet Masters, and I find it entertaining.

I enjoy science fiction, and while this is no Battlestar Galactica, they've done a pretty good job with the story and effects.

2. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been watching it too. I'm a Noah Wyle and Will Patton fan to start with and the show itself seems interesting and like it might go somewhere very cool. I also really like how not all post-apocalyptic survivors are depicted as callous savages but that many still have qualms about violence or killing. It makes it more plausible to me instead of a caricature.

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I've watched the first couple of episodes. I'm pretty hooked.

4. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So far this show is pretty damned fantastic. The one thing I don't understand is how the oldest son pretty much forgot about his gf that got taken by the skidders and just moves on pretty quickly from it. Pope may prove to be an interesting character. Religious or not the bible thing getting dropped in there on the regular is annoying like my mom is giving me a lecture or something.

5. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm all in on this show, and going to be PISSED if it get's cancelled prematurely. This season has been awesome from start to finish, and I thought the season finale was really well executed.

Pope is my favorite character, and I officially hate the black kid that is turning into a skidder.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It was pretty cool to show the "Overlords" or whatever you want to call the master aliens.

And I never saw the Skidder transformation thing coming, which is an interesting twist.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just blew past the last 5 episodes of Falling Skies. This is a show I needed badly. I've been getting too bogged down in elitist thinking shows just because they had a connected story arc. Nice to have a suspense action show that had more shooting of aliens than talking to them. How many other shows had a shoot first ask questions later relationship with aliens? When you think about it, basically every other goddamn modern show (V, Earth Final Conflict) spends more time talking to aliens then figuring out ways to kill them. I'm all on board with this. The finale definitely shit on this point for a little bit, I'm really fucking hoping it does NOT become like those other two shows.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone watching this? There are two seasons left in the second episode. It's not a perfect episode, but I think its a great entertaining show.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got into this a couple weeks ago.

Wil Wheaton hosts an online aftershow called 2nd Watch. It's basically the same as what Chris Hardwick is doing with Talking Dead.

10. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This show gotten any better? First couple of S01 were terrible. Every time Noah Wiley was on screen it was a cringe worthy performance.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It isn't "Prestige TV" as I think the final term has been called, but its some entertaining shit. It's not perfect, but its lacking the major "WTF" motivation changes and plot holes that Walking Dead has. Season finale is next week, shit sould be interesting since they just reached a pivotal point in the story.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That cliffhanger sucked a little. I have to say. It just isn't enough. OH SHIT MORE ALIENS! FRIEND OR FOE? I'm 90/10 on them being friend, given the bad ass Anime Mech suits they're running. I bet the first line is going to be something like "We now know you're worthy to help out, because we've seen you take initiative and fight back."

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fallingskies.com/watch/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fallingskies.com/watch/videos</a>

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Will never get over "Moon Bloodgood." She's sexy/hot, but seriously. Its funny Game of Thrones uses "Moonblood" to talk about periods.

But...

[​IMG]

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

O fucking course the new alien species (which looks fucking bad-ass. by the way) is going to be an ally. They practically made the fucker smile in CGI.

16. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What fucking rock was I under to not know this show existed? I'm about half way through the first season.

17. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The station that carries this where I live just ran season 1, now I need to find season 2 and watch it.

I thought it was going to be a 5 part mini-series for some reason as I didn't think Noah Wylie could run for more than that, I expected it to suck and be a guilty pleasure, but have really enjoyed season 1 and look forward to 2.

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched season 1 on reruns and then got impatient for season two and watched it all on PSN

19. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Season one should be called, "Noah Wiley Constantly Surrenders". Enjoyed both seasons. Not a great show but totally watchable and entertaining.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, season 3 needs to be the season where he says "Fuck this" does something crazy as shit and almost gets killed. But let's not forget. He has sons, and his sons have brothers, and he must protect them, because he is a father, and he loves his sons, and as a father he must protect his children, because they ARE in fact HIS children....

I hate anything where anyone justifies anything with "Because you're my (family member) its so so goddamn cheesy.