Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

F is for Family

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I know season four has been out for a little while, but Icant go any further without creating a thread for this show. It’s just too giddamn funny, and I need to know who else in this board adores it.

Just like ol’ Billy pissing out of his ass on his podcast, here he perfectly exaggerates the last era where “If you slipped on the ice it was YOUR fault, stupid.” Child abuse was rampant, public, and not confined to the same family. And of course, Burr playing a selfish tribute to his own father is hysterical. Dirty kids ran around with weapons and no parents, people smoked at the dinner table and cocaine was the social norm for cocktails parties. Oh, and people of certain races and genders had it MUCH worse. Also, Justin Long scores major comeback points giving the best voice performance of a teenaged kid ever.

This show is non-stop laughs and a treasure. Who’s with me?

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it just me, or is "Bill" on the series the young version of Bill Burr in real life?

His name is Bill (duh), and he's a ginger.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yes. The character is older for the time, but it’s based directly on his tortured, bad-luck childhood that all of us had.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The final season is on Netflix now.