Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Expatriotism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From memory, and this might be outdated, Melbourne has the highest Greek population in the world outside of Athens.... including the rest of Greece.

2. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus:

On my mothers side (the white side) I am German, Irish, Belgium, Welsh, and a few other things. On my dads side (black) I am actually the first person in my family not to be 100% Bahmanian. Although both sides of my family have been here long enough that I have no great connection to any other country.

Alt Focus:

I was born in Germany, and while I have no memories from there I have always wanted to spend a year or two just to soak the culture, and experience the place I was born.

Also my family has an ancestral home in Ireland. I have always wanted to visit there, and once again put in a few years of cultural shift.

3. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm an American, my background is predominately Irish, some of whom got the brilliant idea to move to Mexico after suffering anti-Irish sentiments in 1830s America. They moved to Northern Mexico, had this place in the Sierra Nevada mountains, southwest of Lake Tahoe. It, uh, it didn't stay "Mexico" for long. The rest of my family's a good Britannic-Germanic mutt, ensuring that my skin is pale enough to reflect lasers.
    It seems that visual stereotypes don't really seem to match me too well, in that I get mistaken for Russian, despite being 6'4, don't get taken for German (except by Americans) despite having coloration that'd give Himmler wet dreams, and never get guessed as ethnic Irish. Odd.

I'm a really, really big fan of my current nationality, and I'd not want to give it up for anything. If I had to, though, I reckon Swiss or German could be nice. Higher taxes, but less poverty and higher average income. Seems a fair trade.