Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Every Two Years: 2012 Olympic Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Jul 12, 2012.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously. They made that Australian team look all frumpy and prude.

Speaking of beach volleyball, what a great sport to watch, hotness aside. The rhythm, timing, and perpetual motion of it really is something. There is a point I remember where Misty May had a ridiculous dig diving away from the net and was back up and hitting at the net 5 seconds later

2. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

The clock thing always seemed most plausible to me.

As an Australian, I'm ashamed to see the uniforms our female beach volleyball players are wearing. First, those girls don't have tits - they're fucking endurance athletes who spend all their time jumping, tits are never going to be all that prevalent at a top level competition - let them wear something that gives the illusion of tits and pretend it's for player dignity. And if you are going ot make them wear bikini tops, those fuck ugly sports bra esque things shouldn't count - they really don't help with the whole sex up the sport agenda even if the people wearing them weren't flat chested.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was watching synchronized diving. Holy shit that shit is cool once they get into the "difficult" stages. Also, its hard to masturbate to when you got a good rhythm going with the first two teams, then the American's trot out a 15 year old. Not cool America, not cool.

Also, if I was running team USA, I'd sent a merc squad to ESPN. Out of habit I'd flip to ESPN and if they're not fellating Peyton Manning, they're at the Jets Training Camp, if they're not doing that, they're talking about as much baseball as possible. My there is some licensing stuff where they can't get Olympic stuff until NBC is done with it, but come on.

4. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So far the free to air coverage of the Olympics in Melbourne, Australia sucks donkey balls thanks in part to the time difference.

I would also like to add that ALL professionally played sports should be eliminated from the Olympics or at the very least no professional players should be allowed.

5. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I said the same thing while watching with my dad and brother. Then my dad informed me that those girls are all 15-17 years old. I hate to use this phrase, but those asses do not say 16.

On a more serious note, as goofy as gymnastics seems on the surface, it takes some serious skill and athleticism to pull that stuff off. Also, I don't care how athletic you are, no one looks dignified doing a breaststroke.

6. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I saw some stupid cable show a while ago where professional athletes try different sports and saw gymnasts and football players trade sports for a day. Watching super macho football players fail horribly at the strength and endurance requirements for gymnastics, and the gymnasts actually do pretty well at the football challenges was one of the funnier things I've ever seen.

7. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meanwhile, it seems that Adam Scott was a member of our men's 4x100m freestyle relay this morning. That was a flop of epic proportions, and wasn't helped that I got up at 5:45am for it.

8. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So is badminton really popular in Asian communities no matter where they are? So far, no matter the country they have been Asian.

Hell, I am watching USA v China, and they are both named Wang.

Basically, I am watching two wangs slap a cock.

9. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Badminton looks extremely frustrating to play

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    It's a pretty small sampling, but my Thai relatives and all their Asian friends love badminton. Like, they REALLY love badminton.

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

American Kim Rhodes just set a few records with her shotgun yesterday... En route to winning gold in Women's Skeet she set an Olympic record hitting 74/75 targets (previous was 72) and cleaned the last round (perfect 25/25) for a Olympic record and World Record tying 99/100.

She's the first woman to get three gold medals in shooting and the first American ever to win five medals in one event in five consecutive Olympics.

Super badass right here:

[​IMG]

Even if you have zero interest in the sport, you've gotta give it to her for an unbelievable performance.

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So watching the NBC Olympics stream online, there is no commentary. Its actually kind of cool cause you hear alot more sounds of the game, and talking amongst players, especially in volleyball. But you also hear the hilariously bad music choices in between action.

Regardless of hotness, I think women's volleyball may be the most entertaining of all women's sports. The game moves really fast and the coordinated movements are a thing of beauty. And unlike women's basketball vs mens basketball, the athleticism and speed of the game doesn't seem to be vastly different, its awesome. Oh and volleyball shorts.

13. Bogan

Bogan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Awesome. On the buzzer to send the game into OT. Even though the damn French went on to win, this was a great cap to a comeback from a 13 point deficit.

#113 Bogan, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any other Americans a little dismayed by the Chinese gold metal count? I don't give a shit about over all medals but the Chinese have basically been double our gold count. Just not sitting right with me. Damn commies.

15. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All our best athletes go into football. Imagine if there was no NFL, and all those speedy WRs and RBs stuck with track instead.

Just watched the Chinese lifter crush Olympic records in the 58kg weight class, and now about to watch dudes my size throw 300+ lbs above their heads. Then men's 77kg tomorrow, Lu Xiaojun vs. Lu Haojie, records are going DOWN.

Also, this was pretty funny.

Attached Files:

16. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Shut your piehole. Is it 2014 yet?

17. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It doesn't hurt that their swimmers are doping. A 16 year old girl had a final 50m split in the 400m IM that was faster than the male world record holder? Yeah, I call bullshit.

This happens often though, China picks up medals in alot of random sports. Synchro diving, shooting, sports with less visibility and lower competition levels that their government academies can just pump out robots for. I bet the American's still end up with more golds as we get into medal rounds of team sports, track and field, and more swimming events.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was watching that Chinese synchro diving. It was pretty fishy as the announcers were pointing out all the mistakes, the Chinese chicks were making some just like everyone else but they were still blowing everyone else away.

19. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh boy, the North Korean's got an OR snatch, shooting for a WR total with his last attempt. I don't know what they've been feeding these boys, but it's gotta be 40% Chinese steroids and 50% commie propaganda. Their lifters have been amped as fuck.

AND he's fucking got it. Salutes the crowd, screams at the camera. How did these guys get so good?

Attached Files:

20. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a guy in the back with a pistol to his mother's head.