Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Every time I smell Subway, I puke in my mouth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Call me lucky, but when I went to Military College, our dorms, library, gym, and mess hall were all within a 400 yard radius. Never had those issues. Long hours, sure, but food and stuff were supplied, and had lots of variety. And the pistol range was that close as well, so after a long day of cramming, you could sign out a handgun and 500 rounds of ammo and go blow the fuck out of shit. Rather good stress reliever, to say the least.

Can't say I have any place that I'm sick of eating at, but there are places I just don't want to eat at because they blow.

There's a local sushi place I could eat at every day. It's run by a Japanese family, and the two sushi chefs only speak about 5 words of English. They're on my way home from work, and on my speed dial. Quite often I'll call in an order for pick up, or stop in for an awesome Yaki Udon or something. Really hits the spot on a cold, wet, winter day.

My favourite thing to do is go in and basically give them $25 and let the chefs do whatever the fuck they want. I think they really enjoy going off menu every now and then instead of making the 400th California Roll of the day.

This was from last Thursday, and cost me all of $20.

edit: Hey, fucktards... it's not a cum rag... I've been fighting a cold for a few days and the Kleenex fell off the table. Mind you, it hasn't been easy since the cat died... portable, self-cleaning... it really was quite efficient.

Attached Files:

• tray.jpg
      tray.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Not a restaurant, but I had so many roast beef sandwiches as a kid that I can't eat it at all anymore.

Anti-Focus: There was an awesome Mediterranean sandwich place near me in college, my roommate and I ate there just about every day, sometimes twice, there were only 3 different things on the menu. Not only am I not sick of it, I'd give my left nut for them to open a shop near the office.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oatmeal Cream Pies. Used to love them as a kid, can't stomach them anymore.

Probably doesn't help that they sound like the aftermath of anal sex. A Santorum Sandwich if you will.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to do it in college all the time. There were a number of take out places uptown that I would go on proverbial binges of. For example, I discovered a place called Pita Pit towards the end of my 3rd year. For the rest of the semester and most of the beginning of the first year, I would get late night food from there almost every night out and usually at least one lunch or dinner there during the week. It was delicious, there was a variety of options and I was always very satisfied.

Suddenly, I came back from winter break and Pita Pit was completely unappealing. It didn't make me nauseous like Chater, but I had no desire to eat it. I think I ate it once over the last 1.5 years I was there, and that was because a girl I was hooking up with was craving it late one night. As its a chain, there is one not far from me in Chicago that I pass often. I ate there about 6 months ago and it was my first time in probably 3-4 years.

On the other hand, my company's cafeteria/food court in my building is incredible. They have a variety of options but standout are custom wraps on Thursdays and a salad bar, much like you'd find in a NYC corner deli, on M-W-F. For the last 9 months or so, I've probably had one of the ridiculously good and huge salads twice a week and a wrap 90% of weeks and I'm far from sick of either. Beats the hell out of Chipotle, Subway, or other standard stuff around my office and usually cheaper/more filling.

5. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Focus: McDonalds. I really struggle to eat it anymore. The last time I'd reheated it (cold burger is just fucking awful), I was nearly puking by the end of it. Been off McShit ever since, although their milkshakes are fucking awesome.

Alt. Focus: Steers. There's a drive-through* not far from me and the King Steer burger is by far the best take-out beef burger you can get here. I don't eat much fast food anymore, but if I had to pick, it'd be Steers or Nandos (depending on whether I wanted burgers or chicken).

*This is rare for any "restaurant" that isn't McDonalds.

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was a skater we'd hit Taco Bell every single day after school. Every. single. day.

One afternoon I took a bit of soft taco and a gulp of Mt. Dew (which was all I ever drank) and it just came back out. I tried to take another bite but couldn't, just started gagging.

Subway sucks. Food poisoning is almost a guarantee.

7. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had the majority of a foot long Subway Italian puked onto me while driving a truck at work a few summers ago. I can't do those. The smell comes back to me and that's bad news.

I ate a lot of spinach and broccoli while cutting weight in my wrestling years and didn't like to touch it for a couple years afterwards. I'm totally fine with it now but I used to hate eating broccoli just because it reminded me of how much eating it constantly sucked.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ate a college staple at UC, Cheese Fries with bacon from Papa Dinos, regularly each weekend hammered as fuck. Can't go near it now. I also tried cleaning up my diet and eating salads averaging 2 a day. I got burned out really bad and can't stomach them. I also got food poisoning from Chipotle and puked an entire stomach sized burrito followed by all of the stomach juice one has in their stomach. Can't even think of the texture of rice, corn, and sour cream without puking in the back of the mouth. Fucking gross.

I could eat Skyline Chili every day until I died.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I could eat that every day, too. Very jealous. I need to find a good sushi place around here. Most of it is overpriced and mediocre and I end up making it myself anyway. I paid $20 for sushi at lunch with friends last week and got maybe 1/5 of that tray.

Focus: Eggs. It's not that I can't eat them now, it's just that I tend to get sick of them fast. I think I had about 10 eggs over the span of 3 days once and I wanted to barf. Trying to eat hardboiled ones as a snack is a huge mistake. Did you see Cool Hand Luke? There's a reason he puked after all those eggs.

10. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

It's not fast food, but when we were growing up, my dad worked afternoons so mom was left to make dinner for three kids and cart us off to various music/dance/karate/soccer/hockey events all by herself. What that meant is that she had dinner down to a fine art. What that also meant is that dinner was the same exact meal, every day, from Monday to Friday, for 10 years.

Rice, hoisin chicken, stirfried broccoli. Every. Single. Night.

I took a 15 year hiatus from hoisin chicken and just recently tried it again. Can't stomach it, not even a little.

Oh, and pizza. My roommates in university had a boner for pizza and ordered it 4 or 5 times a week. I have no idea how they paid the rent, but they surely paid enough to the pizza guy to put his children's children's children through school. After a year of constant pizza, I can only eat it sporadically and rarely if ever enjoy it.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry to derail but are you serious? You guys ate the same exact meal, every weekday, for 10 years? Didn't you complain? That is like some sort of mental torture at that point.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Her mom is Asian, right? I don't find it hard to believe. A lot of countries have a traditional dish that they eat, almost exclusively at times. I know my Saudi room mates eat a shitton of Kabsa.

13. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

HAHAHAHA Complain to a Chinese mother?!

Besides - she could bang that dinner out in 10 minutes flat after work and have time left to do the dishes before carting us off to whatever extra-curricular activities we had going on at the time. You just learned that Monday to Friday wasn't for enjoying dinner, that was what the weekend was for.

I may have stretched the truth a bit. Every once in awhile, we'd have spinach instead of broccoli. That was her idea of 'treat night'.

14. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where I live has a pub 800m down the road and when i first moved there me and a mate used to go down every Tuesday for a chicken parmigiana. The toppings changed weekly and they were only ten dollars.

After a few years the owners changed and the pub started going downhill at a great rate of knots, the entire kitchen staff quit because when the head chef gave his notice for the end of the week they fired him instead and the new kitchen staff were rubbish. I've had a few of the new Parmas and they are rubbish.

Another one was maccas for a while after an eating challenge. They had a $20 value meal for a while that had 4 drinks, 4 chips, 2 cheeseburgers, 2 big macs and a nuggets. Mission was to finish the lot in 12 minutes, I got through everything except two of the drinks and a chips. I physically couldn't eat anything else, I would try to take a drink and it would sit in my throat because there was no place for it to go.

15. Pow

Pow
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Focus: Corn dogs. I ate so many of these between 6-12 that I was sick of them. They are so easy - in a wrapper, throw them in the microwave for 30 seconds, and boom! dinner lunch and breakfast.

Anti-focus: Corn dogs. After I didn't eat them for 6-7 years at all, I tasted one and it was awesome. It helps that they were actually fried and not soggy microwave-dogs, but hole-e-shit it was delectable. I'm a sucker for corn dogs again. Sometimes they're not on the grown-up menu so I order off the kids menu to eat the little fuckers. What's interesting is although kid's meals are for kids under 12, I haven't gotten any shit from waiters about ordering off the kids menu from time to time.

I should start a new diet - the kids menu diet. You eat all the great stuff you liked before, but the restaurant gives you tiny little portions. Now I just need some hip name and pseudo-science, and I'm off to my next (first) book.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I moved out of my parents house at the age of 22, worked a paid internship at The Onion (where I wanted to work full time) and also at Best Buy without a lot of money. Day 5 of my internship 5 of the guys, including the CFO, came up with the Subway Bet. Between the hours of 10:30 and 2:00, you had to at least have a 6 inch sub, Monday - Friday you had to eat that 6 inch sub and couldn't drink anything that wasn't from subway unless it was water or coffee. Winner got free lunch at Fogo de Chao and a half day paid. This was an endurance bet. These idiots let me in even though my internship was 10:30-2:00 everyday and it was the only thing I could afford. 3 of the guys bitched out a week in or less. Me and this other guy Matt went 6 weeks. If we didn't go to the office we had to save the receipt and record video of us taking bites of the sub. Eventually he cracked because he had to move some of the archives. I only ate 3 variations of subs. Sweet Onion Teriyaki, Meatball, and Turkey+Ham. And...I'm still not sick of it. Now I am by no means in love with Subway, I just can eat the same thing for lunch and not crack.

McDonald's on the other hand was across the street from the Best Buy I worked at. Since I never worked 7.5 hour shifts, I only had a 15 minute break. So every day I worked at BB, I went and go 1 McDouble and 1 McChicken off the dollar menu. That wet soggy meat makes me sick to this day. The only thing I can eat from McDonald's now are the fries and the premium chicken sandwiches. I'm not sure about the sandwiches anymore now because they opened a Chick-Fil-A in Chicago.

17. zyang31

zyang31
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I used to eat boogers when I was 5, does that count?

18. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Chips and salsa. This is a staple in my lunches, and when I started living off campus last year, it weaseled itself into every lunch/snack I had for almost a semester and a half. I finally just gave up on it, and gave it a 3 month break. Now I'm back to having chips and salsa nearly everyday, but I mix up the brands. I get a fresh salsa from this Mexican place around 15 minutes from me (yes, I drive there just for the salsa, it is fucking delicious and chunky and everything salsa should be) and one brand from the store whose name eludes me.

But that is the only food I've ever gotten sick of. I think I adjusted myself to the same meal for lunch from childhood, where I specifically told my parents what I wanted every day in my lunch: Turkey and Swiss sandwich, baggy filled to the brim with goldfish, two capri suns, some sort of cookie, and money for ice cream. I had this almost everyday from 4th to 9th grade. And I still eat a variation of this probably three times a week, except now capri suns are milk, the goldfish are chips and salsa, and the ice cream is from a tub from my freezer.

I'm a sick man.

19. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing this bad, really, but when I was growing up, every day was rice day. Yogurt rice, sambar rice, yogurt rice, rasam rice, coconut rice, lemon rice, yogurt rice... It's taken me three years of college food to have even the slightest desire to eat rice again. My mom and grandma are so happy to see me when I come back home nowadays that they go all out with the variety.

I think you read the focus wrong. This thread is for things you got sick of eating.

20. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt. Focus: The Vito from Jimmy John's. I ate it twice a week during the spring semester this year. I don't know what it is about that particular sandwich but I fucking love it. I've limited myself to eating it once a week this year for my health and because it's much cheaper for me to take my lunch or drive the two miles home to eat. I have little doubt that I could eat it every day for a long time and be totally satisfied.