Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Even if it kills me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Adding to my previous post, and I know this sounds really out of left field, but I would love to get shot in the chest while wearing a bullet proof vest.

I am not one for roller coasters or sky diving, but when it comes to actually dangerous/painful-but-survivable real life situations, I am all over it. Tasers, pepper spray, rubber bullets, I'm down. Basically anything and everything that they should be implementing in London, I'd be a willing test subject. And fuck if I know why.

One day, I will do this. Hopefully before I have offspring, because that'd be kind of irresponsible. But regardless, I just feel like it's something I need to experience.

3. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

As for me, I want to make one work of art. Just one. Write a novel, record an album, make a film, write a screenplay, storyboard an anime, whatever. Just one thing to prove to myself I can do it. I've got a few other seemingly unattainable goals, but I don't really have the luxury of time with those.

4. Iamme

Iamme
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Travel the world and learn about the cultures and languages and write about them.

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Learn Korean and Hebrew.
    Climb a v7.
    Hit an out of the park home run.
    be able to jump and touch the bottom of the net on a basketball goal. Just the bottom. I dont even want to touch the rim.

Edit...
    I'm short. 5'3" short.
    And a girl.
    9' is really really high to me. I can throw a basketball into the hoop but I wanna touch the net!

So I'm working on my power cleans. So there.

6. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should spend a weekend with Scootah, he could help you check off all of those and more.

7. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I want to publish a paper in an academic journal and have the article be cited.

I've always wanted to contribute to mankind intellectually in some rigorous way. I can't even imagine the amount of joy and pride I would feel. It already feels good to know that my current research project has the potential to do just this. Of course it is still very much in the beginning stages so there is a long way to go but at least I know I'm on the right path. I just need to keep it up for a few more years and I'll have a good shot at it...though I'm a little afraid that if/when I accomplish the goal I'll have zero desire to go through that gauntlet again. I'd be perfectly happy with getting one publication then heading off into industry to actually contribute to society though.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Even if it kills me, I'm going to be happy.

Now go eat a dick because I say so.

9. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I want to be fluent in at least one obscure language. Something like Tagalog or Republican.

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to learn yoga here in Indonesia. This is in the works, and it's really fucking hard.
    I want to learn muay thai in Thailand. Looks like that's where I'm going next.
    I want to learn another language (French is looking likely)
    I will have a doctoral degree is something, I don't care what. I could be Dr. of Finger Bangage from Fishy Palms U, and I'd be happy.

11. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm going to fuck this hotass Burmese chick no matter what. Gotta catch them all.