Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Euro Cup 2012

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by RCGT, Jun 9, 2012.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its a solid group, but everyone in Group B is literally a top 10 team in the world ranking wise. Ireland just is rubbish and Italy is a bit off form.

On a more positive note, I really hope this gives Torres confidence. 2 fantastic finishes, Torres of old. Especially after a terrible first game. Awesome. Really pumped for him.

2. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Great performance indeed, I was happy for the guy. If he can continue to step up, the team won't have to worry about Villa's absence.

Those Irish fans look like a fun bunch to be around. They were chanting and singing all the way to the end. I'm sure most of them were drunk.

3. Idiot Wind

Idiot Wind
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

4. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't watch this match. What the hell is going on in that GIF?

5. Idiot Wind

Idiot Wind
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The ref accidentaly ran into the Irish player and pushed him over. Play went on with Spain thus regaining possession.

6. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    That doesn't surprise anyone, least of all me. The refs have been fawning over Spanish club teams for a long time now in European competition, particularly Barcelona. I think it's also to make up for the past when the Spanish national side has been fucked over by bad refereeing in previous World Cups and Euros.

Who else thinks the Italians are fucked now that they've had 2 draws? I think that Ireland will come out and park the bus against Italy (having an Italian coach there helps), taking them out along with themselves? The Irish will be fucking determined to not lose their final match in Euro 2012.

As for tonight... come on England!

7. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck. Three goals in 16 minutes. Sweden-England is fucking awesome.

8. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Greece and Czech Republic advance from Group A, Russia and Poland are out. Wow. The Czechs were the only ones who actually looked like they gave a damn today.

9. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

I watched the last 25 minutes - the Russians were throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the Greece defense and they could not break through. I feel bad for the Russians - that 4-1 win over the Czechs was very good - but the Greeks are like the Italians: go 1-0 up and "park the bus".

I also feel bad for Poland - as hosts, it would have been nice to see them in the Quarter-Finals. I don't think Ukraine will make it - they have to play an England side who are desperate to get 1st place in the group so as to avoid Spain in the QF.

10. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

So it looks like the Dutch are out, as well as the Danes.

I had to laugh at the £80000 fine that UEFA slapped on Bendtner for dropping his shorts after scoring for Denmark - it's not like he waved his bare ass at a head-of-state or something (he still had boxer briefs on). UEFA are a completely shambolic organisation with completely incorrect priorities - £16k levelled to a country for racist chanting during a match and £80k for a dude who drops his shorts. UEFA suck donkey dick as an organisation - this proves it.

11. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And France is through to the next round. However, they're up against Spain in the next round, so one of my teams will be leaving.

Durbanite, I'll be cheering for England in their next match. They're up against Italy.

12. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

More to the point: how the fuck did France lose 2-0 against Sweden? Sweden deserved to go out, by virtue that they are over-reliant on Ibrahimocunt and their team is of a high average age. I imagine Blanc was not pleased with his team's showing. I don't like France much, but I'd rather have them in the Semi-Final than Spain.

Also, FUCK YEAH England! Missed Spain in the QF, Rooney got a goal in his first appearance... the defense looked pretty awful, though, and the Ukrainians were desperately unlucky when Terry cleared "that ball" - it looked all but a goal to me. Iarmalenko (sp?) played really well for Ukraine and had the England defense shitting itself more than once. Where was the marking? Cole looked alright, but Lescott and Terry were guilty of poor marking. Shevchenko, sadly, did not look fit at all and was struggling - sad, since it was his last international match.

There were also some needless cards shown that match and the referee seemed pretty inconsistent towards both teams.

13. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Is anyone else watching the Czechs playing the Portuguese?

I dunno if I mentioned this before, but I read a hilarious e-mail on Football365.com that insinuated that Petr Cech is a Jedi Knight, using mind tricks - I recall reading the guy mailing in signed off with "These are not the goals you are looking for" (like that scene outside that bar when the Empire is looking for R2-D2 and C-3PO). That guy may be right. Not even Ronaldo can penetrate Cech's force-field - he's hit the post at least 3 times so far. It's about 53 minutes played as I type this.

EDIT: Ronaldo might cry soon. I will be overjoyed with that outcome.

14. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Fuck.

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Germany looks like a damn machine right now...

16. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

I feel bad for the French, to lose 2-0 to the Tiki-Taka Fuckers (this should be the new name for the Spanish National Team). Cabaye, in particular, had a good game...

17. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well, it wasn’t the result I was hoping for, but I can’t criticize Italy because they were attacking for most of the game. England, on the other hand, had weaker ball control and played defensively during extra time with the hope of winning on penalty kicks.

18. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Yep. They lost on penalties. Again. I think this is the 6th time now? Young was insipid and Parker was crap - Parker has been poor for most of the tournament, looking exhausted and generally giving away stupid fouls. I'm hoping Roy will do us all a favour and drop him and beg Carrick to come in to the team, which is what he should've done in the first place. Milner has also been rotten - possibly he should be moved to central midfield instead, since he has good stamina and can tackle reasonably well. Hopefully Adam Johnson and Lennon can add that spark come the WC qualifiers.

Since England is out, hoping for Deutschland's cyborgs to clean up.

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Luckily Italy and their bitch faces will be chopped up by the Germans. Nobody is playing with as much class as them right now.

Ashley Young was just feeling karmic retribution for diving all over the EPL this year like Greg Louganis. Speaking of Ashleys, Ashley Cole's PK may have been the most pathetic take I've seen in years. Nice mohawk asshole.

While Italy can suck it, Balotelli's PK was just awesome, dude is a constant troll. The smirks and back and forth between him and Joe Hart was pretty awesome.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

240 minutes and zero goals. This sport can be really boring at times. I hope Germany and Italy tomorrow is more entertaining than that shit fest.

Edit: After each side has a penalty kick they still can't score. Jesus. What the fuck is this shit?