Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Entourage Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Season 7 Begins soon. Here's to hoping that E dies in a plane crash.

#1 Crown Royal, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I watched all of six and I can barely even rember what happened. Dexter ended almost a year ago yet I remember all of it. Once again I'll watch Entourage this season. But I wish it would get cancelled.

3. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I can't watch the trailer at work, but I can only imagine the full-time addition of Sloane won't balance out the inevitable bitchiness that new "family man" Eric is going to bring to the series. My distaste for Eric isn't quite up to Kate Austen or Tim McManus from "OZ" levels yet, but until they cancel this show the possibility remains for Lil' E to jump to the top of the list. Here's (not) hoping.

4. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The only reason this show gets watched is because I already pay for HBO. I'd rather watch E get his legs broken by Turtle's shitty driving. The character Sloan is so good looking that I find it hard to believe that she would even talk to that monkey looking fucker.
    This season I want to see Ari wake up after a blackout drunk with His fat Asian friend. And Turtle.
    They should just kill all the characters off Sopranos style. Mrs.Ari could be the shooter. This show defines "guilty pleasure", except there's no pleasure.

5. Gargamelon

Gargamelon
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Is anyone actually excited for this? All I'm hearing y'all say is 'This show is the TV equivalent to jacking off with sandpaper.' Can you all do the world (and yourselves) a favor and not watch this show on any medium that could possibly be counted towards rating? Or better yet, just don't watch it. Don't even talk about it, or think about it. Don't even whisper its foul name.

Because it fucking sucks.

6. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, I'm gonna listen to you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I don't watch the show, I don't get to see Emmanuelle. You lose. Go kick the Easter bunny somewhere else pal.

7. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The show is entertaining but not good in any quantifiable way, except for Ari's funny one-liners. I'll still watch it.

My opinion on the matter:
    [​IMG]

8. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Seriously, does anyone know of some type of youtube video that will recap season six? I remember something about Vince moving back to Queens because his career was in the shitter and Ari getting ready to take a new job driving to the airport or something. That's about it.

9. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Here's how forgetable season 6 was. I went to summarize it and thought it ended with Vince getting the Gatsby role.

Here's what happened though...

*Drama quit Five Towns and ended up getting offered his own show.
    *Ari's agent friend cheats on his wife and almost gets fired
    *Lloyd becomes an agent
    *Jamie-Lynn breaks up with Turtle over a movie role or something.
    *E gets engaged to Sloan...on the same day she was planning on going to lunch with her boyfriend. For real, fuck this show.

EDIT: I almost forgot this little tid bit about Season 7. I'll put it in spoiler tags even though I doubt anyone cares either way.

Sasha Grey will be in multiple episodes as herself....as Vince's girlfriend. Of course she is.

10. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One time I saw E at the airport in Kahului. I still regret not saying something along the lines of, "I hope your plane crashes, even if I'm on it."

Instead I just gave him a dirty look for awhile. Yeah, I bitched out on that one.

11. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It really is amazing how far this show has fallen. All of you made such good points I can't help but agree with them.

1. I will watch it because I already pay for HBO
    2. I will watch it for hot girls and gratuitous nudity.
    3. I have already watched six seasons of it and I feel invested. (although I did quit on Hero's after three seasons)

4. Ari and Turtle can still make me laugh
    5. They have excellent celebrity cameo's and I love the Hollywood underworld they expose us too.

I will not watch it for a good story or good acting anymore. It's a shame because everyone on this thread used to love this show and even find Eric ok, now not so much.

12. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just remembered how much I loathed E. On the old board it was me and someone else who would constantly hate on every decision E has made, makes or will make. I used to disagree with that poster but by mid-season 6 I had a full-on rage boner against E. I hope he gets multiple-sclerosis.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jesus, a lot of simmering anger in here. I think it's due to season 5, which was a constant downer episode after episode (Stellen Skarsgard chewed up the scenery like none other).

Ari, Drama and Lloyd are still awesome. Debi Mazar has been criminally underused the last few seasons, which sucks because she is hilarious in every scene she's in in a taylor-made role for her.

Aside from that, we'll see. I still love the show, and maybe E will drive whatever fancy fucking car he doesn't deserve but has anyway off the Big Sur cliff. Good riddance, he's been the posion pill of this show since day 1.

14. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not so sure about that. The entire storyline with his girlfriend (the one he always talked too over video chat) was absolutely painful. He is a character that has to be used to support everyone, when they use him to much you can see Kevin Dillon's poor acting and you also find yourself saying "no one would do that."

I got tired of the Entourage season 4-5 formula where E, Vince and Ari would go do actual movie business and Turtle and Drama would go on zany adventures. They drifted away from that thankfully.

People are angry because allot of us loved this show, and I can't really think of a show that has declined so fast and so quickly like this one.

Drama's one liners are absolutely amazing, use him too much and it becomes forced.

15. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hell, I'm not paying HBO for 3 months to watch this show. It's the only thing on their network even remotely worth paying for. Except it isn't. I may buy Showtime again for the duration of Dexter. But not this one.

This season I'll be watching Entourage in one of the following ways. Each solution is ordered by preference:

1. I will watch the episode online after they air. Free is a hard price to beat.
    2. I will watch it at another person's house.
    3. I won't follow each episode and whenever I go to a person's house who has HBOonDemand I will catch up on all episodes up to that point.
    4. After the season ends I will order HBO, marathon the entire season vie HBOonDemand, and cancel my subscription the same day. This will cost me a little less than a dollar, which is still way too much.

Seriously, is HBO really worth it? This show isn't worth it; What is it that lets you rationalize paying for this channel every month?

On another note Wikipedia says that there will be season seven followed by six more episodes. Then the series will end, followed by a movie. Whatever.

Edit: Did season six end with Ari considering leaving his agency? I remember Ari getting on a plane, running into Vince and Vince walking away from him like a little bitch. Was this story resolved before the end of the season?

16. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, The Wire and Sopranos was why we all initially signed on. The Pacific was good, I really enjoy True Blood. I loved Rome, BoB, and an old series called The Corner.

I'm sure they will again have a good series making it worth the $12 a month I pay. The new show with Steve Buscemi has caught my interest as well.

Your ways of watching Entourage for free are quite admirable however in a genius-cheap kind of way.

17. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For some reason my cable provider, the pos known as Mediacomm has decided to grace us with HBO for the night. I'm excited...haven't seen a live episode in a very long time.

18. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I thought it was a solid start. Ari was the best as always.

On Saturday HBO showed all of last season. I watched 4 episodes, and after being away from it for a while, I don't hate it near as much as the first time. I still think it was a bit 'meh' overall, but it was entertaining, and there wasn't much to hate aside fromr Eric's storyline, which I believe I described as an abortion gone wrong that needed to be completed post-birth. Something like that.

Anyways, the more I think about it, the more I'm glad the writers don't try and do anything huge/shocking, just because. They had the drama of 'will he/won't he make it as a huge star' (Vince, obviously) for a couple seasons, but once that's resolved, I don't think they can bring in that level of seriousness without it being hokey or forced. Now Drama has eight weeks to find a show, which is cute, Turtle has his business, which brings more hotties, and Vince is overcoming his pussy-ness. Neat. Hopefully, Sasha Grey will spend most of her time going down on Sloan, and we'll never have to see Eric again!

19. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The premiere was actually better than I thought it was going to be. A focus on anything but Eric's love-life is bound to be an improvement though.

I can't remember, but was Kevin Connolly always first in the opening credits?

20. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe he was. I read an interview with somebody high-up in the show (like Mark Wahlberg or Doug Ellin or someone like that) who said the show was basically about E. I'll be damned if I can find it though.