Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Enchantment Under The Sea! WDT 6/10/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They must have their White Trash filter on... works fine for me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.urbandictionary.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.urbandictionary.com</a>

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You wanna know what my big beef is with Dora the Explorer? Okay, it's supposed to be this show for kids that teaches them spanish, BUT NOBODY ON THE SHOW EVER FUCKING SPEAKS SPANISH, EXCEPT FOR A FEW OCCASIONAL BIT CHARACTERS, LIKE TICO THE SQUIRREL. Tico shows up about every 10th episode.
    If they really wanted to teach the kids spanish, then that faggy monkey Boots (you cannot tell me that little piece of shit doesn't suck monkey cock when he's prancing around in boots like that) would only speak simple spanish, that way the kids would have more exposure to it. Actually, just make the show where everyone speaks spanish except Dora, and she always explains what the people/animals just said.
    I remember back when my son was younger (2-5 years old) and I was trying to teach him spanish. I was the ONLY ONE trying to teach him spanish, and I got absolutely zero support from the rest of his relatives. My ex-wife didn't want him learning spanish because she "didn't want him growing up with an accent." All three of his grandparent speak spanish fluently (my ex-wife's parents are from Mexico for crissake), but none of them would ever speak it to him, even though I asked them to all the time.
    What's really ironic is that my own dad (who speaks spanish) tried the same thing with me for a short time when I was about the same age, with dismal results because no one else was backing it up.
    History repeats itself. Sigh.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My daughter knows quite a few words in Spanish because of that show, and can count to ten in Spanish even though she's two. We live in Ontario. We have no need for Spanish up here because we actually mow our own lawns.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You mean I can hire a Canadian to mow my lawn?

Two hours to beer.

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, you learn some basic vocabulary, but when it comes to actually USING those words you just learned, it leaves you hanging.
    Also, the show has a grindingly slow pace, even for a show intended for pre-schoolers. Even my son complained about it back then.

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Woah woah woah woah woah. Are you saying that if you want your kids to learn something, television may not be the best teacher?

Man, there go my life plans.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you quit at 1:00, you missed at least 80% of the funny.

"I just want to hug all of them! But I can't hug every cat, because THAT WOULD BE CRAZY! But I want to! I want to!"

8. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cunt rips foul ball out of little girls hands:

High five, I ruined the girls day.

#88 zyron, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

GO HARD OR GO HOME, LITTLE GIRL. NO BLOOD NO FOUL.

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That woman is my hero.

11. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is nothing like having a rich cousin pay for your room

[​IMG]

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Grilling veggies. Zucchini, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, and a ton of sweet onion.

Marinating them in a mix of olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, thyme, basil, chili powder, cayenne, ground pepper and sea salt.

I'm hoping this turns out alright. But if it doesn't, I'll be drunk enough to where it doesn't really matter anyway.

13. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, what a shitty day. Ran all over creation between our three offices, did something stupid that made me look like an idiot because I was running and not thinking. I hate that moment when you realize that you just did or said something incredibly stupid and wondering how to handle it.

14. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finally buckled down and bought The 48 Laws of Power, Happy Hour Is for Amateurs and Crazy: Notes On and Off the Couch. Should be here right after my exam, it'll be good to sit down and read something other than math texts for the first time in a while. Dr. Rob, I swear to god if your book slows down my order I will drive down to NYC and kick you in the balls, I'm not that far.

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Suddenly I've found something that I can discuss in great detail and do multiple times per day. Sometimes as much as a hundred in an hour. Maybe we can start a thread about it. It'd be like the orgasm thread, but, like, its polar opposite in terms of how awesome it is.

In related news, working in a jewish hospital means I am constantly on guard to not make an offhanded comment about being cheap/stingy. It is one I am sure to lose.

16. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Grilling chicken with asparagus and bella mushrooms, serving with pesto rigate. Yum, I guess, I'm only moderately hungry on these Perc's.Guess I have to smoke a bowl...

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rob, I will probably buy it anyways....but I would be EXTRA likely to buy your book if it were available in ebook form. You ought to tell your publishers to get on that.

18. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You guys are smarter than I am, I the first thing that I read after the end of each semester and realizing I could "pleasure" read, I re-read all of the Harry Potter books. Nothing thinky for me!

19. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dinner tonight consisted of two warm hotdogs at a community softball game. I am less than pleased. I spend 8 whole hours pushing a mouse and shuffling papers, and this is what I get for dinner? Damn you, woman, flying a desk requires a man's meal!

Hence the beer I'm currently drinking.

20. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

So my roommates are kinda assholes. Which sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.