Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

wow ‘Murican politics is confusing. Opposing childhood circumcision is a general lefty millenial and you get policy here. It’s close to thinking that unions are sometimes a good idea, or that healthcare should be affordable. The anti Jew / anti gender diversity crowd tend to have very little to say about circumcision. The stop circumcision of infants crowd here tends to be aggressive pro trans rights.

3. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What?

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

He said:

"wow ‘Murican politics is confusing. Opposing childhood circumcision is a general lefty millenial and you get policy here. It’s close to thinking that unions are sometimes a good idea, or that healthcare should be affordable. The anti Jew / anti gender diversity crowd tend to have very little to say about circumcision. The stop circumcision of infants crowd here tends to be aggressive pro trans rights."

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    A little tidbit on Idaho politics: Southern Idaho has a much larger population than the northern part of the state and ends up dictating policy for the entire state. Southern Idaho could also be much more accurately described as North Utah. The LDS church has exactly the same influence on politics there as in Utah.

North Idaho has been trying to secede from that cluster fuck of religion based policy for as long as I can remember.

6. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can say that about most states. Votes are counted by people, not land area. There's plenty of examples of states enacting laws, levying taxes for public works, etc., that make sense in population centers, but don't for rural communities.

Then introduce resentment of urban areas getting the latest and greatest while rural communities go without. Look at any cellphone provider's coverage map to see what I mean. Don't get me wrong, I get that it's more expensive to introduce new infrastructure to smaller communities as it requires more material/time, etc to install. However, it's 2022 and you still cannot connect a cell phone call at my parents house in rural western Pennsylvania due to terrain. Up until last year, the only option for internet was dial up. I wasn't until last summer the local cable company ran coax up the road (about five miles and about a dozen homes) to offer cable TV and internet. This is a house only about 40 miles line of site from Pittsburgh.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The infuriating part is the millions paid by the government to subsidize rural broadband....

During the early phase of the pandemic, getting some form of connection out there was vital for schools, businesses, etc. It was an absolute shit show working with some of these companies, to the point that others joined into the market (T-mobile) and some communities found ways to pay for mobile hotspots to some families.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The blame isn't entirely on the companies, a lot of it is residents of the rural towns being completely against zoning for improvements and killing any sort of upgrades.

Currently there's one cell tower in our town which is designed to look like a tree and every time it's proposed to add more, it's a shit fight at the zoning board meeting about "ruining the rural essence of the community." Meanwhile, the 3 ways into the town you see a gas station, a gas station with a Subway, and a Dollar General with a house next door sporting an 8x8ft Fuck Biden sign.
    Cell towers? Nope. Solar farm? Nope. Wind turbines? Nope. Affordable housing condos? Nope. Rural places seriously fuck themselves on a consistent basis because the people are largely under educated and lean towards not wanting outsiders doing anything in their little slice of land they've been living in for 60 years.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

*cries in Texan*

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought it was mostly a cause for the micropenis crowd upset they had precious millimeters removed before they could object?

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We trust your authoritative voice with all the first hand experience you've got.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’d hardly call it a handful.

13. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That’s probably the only option, really. I doubt softly qualifies.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can anyone help me out with Marjorie Taylor Green? I know she’s just a stupid asshole. But I’m genuinely curious if anyone can figure out what her actual deal is? Like what she wants. Is she just a drunk? Is she compromised?

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think she's just that stupid.

16. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Republicans can't do anything to shut her up, because they worry half their base is stupider than THAT.
    Democrats wont' do anything to shut her up, because she helps polarize and energize voters.

Maybe she can go to Ukraine, and do us all a favor.

The real thing that chaps my ass is the Kock suckers who keep operating in Russia: https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...och-industries-continues-to-operate-in-russia

Nestle, I can understand: people gotta eat, and shutting down operations in two of the largest breadbasket companies during a war is a great way to cause panic, if not an actual famine. Glass companies?
    What a koch of shit....

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Nestle engages in insanely unethical business practices. I'm not at all surprised by their position on this.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a smooth way of saying "Nestle found a way to suck dollars out of Nazi cock and somehow managed to find ways to do worse for 80 years", but I appreciate you.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Hey now, they cut a check a couple years and hoped it would go away forever.