Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The way Trump pronounces "Yosemite" sounds like the start of a hate crime.

2. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What do you call it when someone who has voted by mail sues a state for deciding to vote by mail during a pandemic?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Okay, again.... HOW could that not be passed off as an episode of “VEEP”?

He has the launch codes. Never forget that.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At this point, his general confusion about the extent of what the coronavirus actually is, his complete and total lack of interest in trying to curb the spread, and his inability to comprehend just how bad the situation is nationwide, what arguments are left for supporting him? He gives less than a shit about this country and the total number of dead are squarely at his feet.

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do any of y'all think that he doesn't have the real launch codes?

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a part of me that believes that the whole thing is a big show. Nuclear game theory is weird in that there's huge value in convincing your adversary that you will fire in retaliation, but there's no value in actually firing. I wouldn't be surprised if the trigger men in these silos just dick off all day because they know they will never actually fire the missiles.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

he changed the 10-factor authentication to a single password for the sake of ease in launching bangy bangs. And that password is “password”

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s been proven that yes, they dick off.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

NY Attorney general is making what is being called a "major announcement" in a little bit.

Frankly, it better be solid, actionable information, or else it's just a waste of time and taxpayer money.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like it’s against Wayne LaPierre and others of the NRA. I thought for sure it was gonna be against the president.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

so suing to dissolve the nra is a big deal. I know a lot of gun owners are happy to see them go.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He seems to want to flat-out end the NRA. And they are stationed in New York, so they are under his thumb. They look to be in seriously deep shit.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure gun owners know that the 2nd Amendment means that when America elects a black president, the NRA president gets a mansion so he can feel safe.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Serious questions: What is the purpose of the NRA? I mean, what advantage does it give you to be a member, besides just being part of a “group”?

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Is that what happens? I always thought that when America elects a black president the Tea Party appears out of nowhere. And disappears when he does.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I’m sure the gun grabbers are over the moon on this but a whole lot of members have wanted Wayne out for years for this very conduct. He’s insulated himself and consolidated power on the board he couldn’t be voted out without a near unanimous vote.

The nra was always a lot more than the boogie man for the left. State and local gun and hunting training and shooting events. For decades it had an envious lobbying arm and politically active membership. Only after dumping hundreds of millions of his own cash has Bloomberg come close (nothing says grassroots movement like being singularly funding by one billionaire). Either the nra is burnt to the ground and gun rights funding will shift to the next hydra head or Wayne is axed and the organization restructures in a wholly new form.

Only thing that has me worried is the timing. Trump is fumbling his re-election bigly and I can see democrats burning the political capital of Biden’s first term on massive gun control. Be a much harder fight in Washington without the nra at full strength.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I thought it was... interesting... that she used the dissolution of the Trump Foundation as precedent for revoking non-profit status.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Trump signed an executive order banning monetary transactions with Tencent or any of its subsidiaries: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-addressing-threat-posed-wechat/

...then someone pointed out that Tencent owns or is invested in a good chunk of the video game market, including Riot Games, Supercell, Activision, and others. The White House is now claiming that those companies don't count under the order, even though there's nothing in the text itself that would exclude them.