Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, aside from this one accusation and all of the unwanted hugs, kissing and touching as shown in every press conference where there are women and children within a quarter mile of Biden; Biden's conduct isn't an issue. What happened to believe all women? There are many that need to wipe all the hypocrisy splatter off their faces here if this is the Democratic position, as stated by the rag of record. No worries though, this is just whataboutism, isn't it?

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I generally try to stay as far away from these things as possible, because there's so much nuance and sensitivity to all of it that the reality won't sell clicks and page views and just serves to make people further pissed off at each other.

In this case, though, I feel I can kinda relate a bit. There's been times I don't want someone to hug me because they smell like smoke, or BO, or maybe they're just a bit weird and I don't like them. My mother is very affectionate and likes to greet people with kisses and hugs. I don't like to even get massages because I don't like people touching me. My grandmother had notoriously horrible breath and she was also very affectionate; we all put up with her goodbye kisses and laughed about it later because she was old and sweet and it was just a quirk we could laugh about. But as a statement of fact if I was asked about it? No, I didn't enjoy being hugged or kissed by them. It was not enjoyable. But by no means would it define my views on them in any way, as it was just one part of an interaction among thousands I'd had each day.

An even easier example, there's sometimes my wife gets pissed off or just in a bad mood and she doesn't enjoy being hugged or kissed by me and I have no clue because as a dude I am unaware of her micro mood changes. Does that mean my hugs and kisses are domestic abuse? If you look at their intent, of course not. But if we got divorced and she said on the stand "he'd kiss me and it made me uncomfortable and I didn't like it or want it," then there'd be a lot of billable hours trying to explain that away.

Just my .02 cents. If it was more than what I explained above, absolutely shame on him. But I think there is room for nuance that gets lost in this outrage culture.

3. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have to be fucking kidding me? That is the most asinine attempt at false equivalence I have ever read.

You are talking about loved ones. I am talking about interactions with stangers he has NEVER met. In many instances, minors. You understand the concept of levels, don't you? Or do you think they were repelled by his bad breath or smelling like smoke?

You should be ashamed.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

Gotta hate that bad smoker breath.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Just trying to offer up another way of looking at it. Same thing with Trump. I think he's worse, a lot worse, but I think there's also room for nuance in the discussion about him with women that gets overlooked for the sake of outrage. Just because you disagree with someone politically doesn't mean you have to dislike them personally. The reverse is also true. I agree with a lot of Trump's policies, but don't think he's a good person or leader. It is what it is.

Like I said, my .02.

6. Trifecta

Trifecta
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, there's room for nuance, but that's been absent with these same critics many times before. Kavanaugh didn't have a long history of being awkward around women, and his accusations just looked like bullshit. Biden's is pretty up in the air at the moment. It doesn't change my mind about anything until there's proof, but as usual the standards are as malleable as the needs of the moment. Stakes are too high against Trump. Franken? He hardly did anything wrong, but we'll just replace him with another democrat anyway, so let's do this hard and fast without even stopping to think about it.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the Mick Jagger syndrome. He's been so famous for so long, it's difficult to relate and have normal reactions. Joe has been in powerful, public office for so long, he's out of touch with what normal seems is. (Not a specific attack on him - there are many politicians in both parties and actors and entertainers that are like this.) So, he doesn't realize they are uncomfortable, because he probably just thinks it's them being starstruck.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sanders just endorsed Biden.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"Gotta get Trump out of there."

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Took a lot less time than with chill-hill.

I suspect his supporters will be mad he didn't spend more time negotiating concessions before giving his endorsement. Facts are though we have a global pandemic going on, which makes a drawn out, already decided campaign pointless and dangerous, and he had way less leverage this time.

He might as well have opened his throat and let Biden in so deep he gagged on his balls. Oh wait, he already did that the entire campaign. I'm amazed establishment dem voters are so mad at him.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meanwhile California, Oregon, and Washington have created a pact to act as one for the purposes of COVID-19 related decisions. This means that the entire West Coast of the United States, which contains every port of entry for goods coming from Asia, is under the control of this pact and there's nothing the Feds can do about it. Welcome to "blue states are sick of Republican rule."

15. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That only work so well, our port is a full week quicker to get the container to Chicago.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Port of Vancouver couldn't handle the Port of Los Angeles traffic alone, much less Long Beach, Portland, Seattle, Tacoma, Oakland, San Francisco, and the rest as well.

18. Trifecta

Trifecta
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are further north, I am just saying there are always other options.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Trump's current briefing is absolutely off the walls, even for him.