Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh my fucking god. So the house dems just did their own bill and it is full of crap like reducing airline carbon emissions by half by 2050. This is fucking retarded. I'm for that in general, but they're going to hold up aid to bicker about this? You can't make this shit up. These are the people you all think are doing the right thing?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They also dropped the Republican one because it didn’t have additional union bargaining rights. And they spend the other half of the time being butthurt that Trump called it a Chinese virus. Are you really surprised?

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I just don't get how everyone sits around like "Trump is fucking everything up!!! Oh shit! Oh shit!".

Don't get me wrong. Some of what he did was certainly counterproductive, but how do you only blame him? The democrats are verging into unprecedented levels of fucktard right now.

Edit: Their legislation allegedly demands businesses install diversity officers to get any federal aid. No fucking way. Please tell me this is fake news. There is no way half our government is this ridiculous.

#12423 Kampf Trinker, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well to be fair, what he did wasnt just counter-productive, it was flat-out terrible decision making. Now things to seem to be in more or less the right gear, but the Churchill axiom is still ringing true, "Americans will always do the right thing, after exhausting all alternatives."

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Being slow to act can be disastrous, but even that isn't as bad as actively blocking action so you can push some arbitrary diversity quotas. This is unfuckingbelievable. Only the most delusional frothing at the mouth full on hatred toward republicans types could defend this stupid shit. I can't believe this is real. They are basically holding the country hostage at this point.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The fact that Schumer killed the debate on the bill that Senate dems helped write because AOC is on her period is insane. And the one the House passed has money going to the Kennedy Center and other stupid shit.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're all terrible people. Both sides of the aisle.

8. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

What happened and what's the story there with AOC?

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was talk of her primarying him over the relief bills. I don't know how serious that talk was, but I think not very.

This whole relief situation reminds me what I hate most about Bernie supporters. They are against anything to help the economy, now or later, or ever. Why? Because all companies are evil, of course. Yes, they sometimes pull shady shit, but it's such an unrealistic stance to just take by default. I swear, a lot of them want a government openly hostile to corporations, and I'm not sure why they think that would work.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Shes been rallying the progressives to put pressure on Schumer to inject GND-ish type shit into the bill, and as Kampf mentioned, there is more than one theory floating around that shes going to primary him in NY in 2022.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whatever direction she chooses, as long as she doesn't get over skis, she will be successful. Whatever you feel about her opinions or her politics, she has been an effective voice for a lot of people. The clips of her from C-Span questioning business execs, and industry leaders were good. And she's less caustic and more mature than the rest of the "squad." She'd be wise to distance herself from Omar and Tlaib. As far as primarying Schumer, I think he's had a good run and she could beat him. He's a weak leader and represents a much older generation.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get how anyone can like her. Xray, she is anything but mature. She comes across like a screeching childish bitch. Even if you like her policies, which are as intellectually bankrupt as it gets how does she not annoy the shit out of you? We have had dumber and we've had crazier in congress, but I really can't think of ever having anyone as annoying as her.

She will never help dems out either. She stopped supporting Bernie's campaign because of Joe Rogan supoorting him. Her purity test is such that no one will ever pass it.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

feel bad for any boyfriends

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because while policy is important to a certain segment of voters, much of what works across the country is personality and being on a "team". You might not like her for x,y, and z reasons, all of which are valid. But what she does have are widely viewed instagram live segments where she answers questions while doing everyday shit. She represents how a lot of young people think. She's cute, which goes pretty far for a lot of things. As long as she doesn't make a lot of bad moves with regards to policy, I think she'll be fine. At the end of the day, the reason that a freshman congresswoman from a small district in New York is so widely known and despised is because Fox and Trump have given her the Streisand effect.

Now if her target demographic won't bother to show up to the polls, then it all means nothing.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well considering she helped screw them out of thousands of jobs with Amazon HQ2, they probably have other priorities.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It doesn't matter if they do. Have you seen her approval numbers? They are terrible. She is 22 in the red with swing voters. People hate her.

Getting people to notice you isn't all that great if they don't like what they see. She can do ok only in the deepest of blue areas. Anyone outside of those want nothing to do with her.

People see her as a stupid brat who knows fuck all about anything, but wants to scream at and lecture everyone regardless. Because that's what she is.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She did fuck the amazon thing, but I also don’t blame her for not wanting queens to turn into Austin.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cities and states need to stop this race to the bottom. I'm totally ok with AOC saying that NY doesn't have to shell out $3 billion in subsidies to get Amazon to come to the most concentrated area of employment talent in the country. You take it far enough and you end up with Wisconsin paying Foxconn to come pollute their water and not hire anyone.

19. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Given what I've read in terms of the caveats in terms of bullshittery the bills Republicans have put forth for relief, I'm not sure I'd trust ANYTHING they put forward and I do support GND as long as it excludes the whole no nuclear bullshit which I think is stupid. All in all from what I've seen about AOC is that she's either the future the party needs to embrace, or the cause of it's death and not in a good way(good way being out with the old in with the new and improved, that sort of thing). A lot of people on the sites I frequent very much love her and "The Squad" and would like to see her make a run for the big seat, but those places are VERY lefty.

Edit: Also I'm from Jersey and a LOT of people weren't exactly cool with the idea of Amazon HQ2 being there for any number of reasons, new jobs or not. Can't recall the specifics, but a lot of people were really not interested.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What does supporting the GND have to do with a pandemic relief bill?