Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The transcripts of the closed door testimonies that have been released publicly (wow, what a radically secret process), which Lindsey Graham has declared he will not read because they actually prove the quid pro quo he had earlier said he needed to see proved. As for the whistleblower, Rand Paul has called for him to be named, Trump Jr has tweeted what he believes the identity to be, and there are other clamoring for it as well. The only purpose of which is to smear him on Fox News and intimidate him with the death threats from the base that they know will follow.

2. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope Trump has two million real dollars to cover the fine for his fake charity. It’s funny: he know simply shows his colours as the scum I knew him as my entire life, and people are currently brushing THIS off. A LOT of people double-fisted the Kool-Aid on this retard.

5. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're absolutely right, and I'll give you another one: I pointed you to the whistleblower act of 1989 instead of the 1998 law which is far more applicable to this situation.
    That'll teach me not to do a drive-by scolding.

6. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it going to be Warren?

Is Medicare for all and her plan to pay for it acceptable to the board members who are economically literate?

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Is it though? Not trying to be glib or continue beating a dead horse as Im legitimately interested here, but the texts states explicitly that it applies to complaints made to the Office of Special Counsel. This complaint was made directly to the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, unless Im mistaken.

8. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Didn't it end up in the hands of the Inspector General eventually? Now I'm confused and won't have a chance to look again till later - here's the quickest article I could find but I can't follow links and dive further till later: https://www.npr.org/2019/11/06/7764...ower-experts-say-it-would-not-violate-any-law

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah Im not sure either at this point. There are so many moving parts its becoming difficult to who said what, to whom, when and why.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They put Jim Jordan on the House Intelligence Committee, where he has zero experience or expertise, just to ratfuck the impeachment investigation, on the same day that he was named in another lawsuit that said he covered up sex abuse at Ohio State. This is not a serious political party.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most likely. Unless Bloomberg jumps in or Sanders holds out for a contested convention where the establishment goes for a Biden/Buttigieg ticket, though that might spark some backlash if the base sees it as rigging the system again.

The really messed up thing is that Hillary could probably jump in right now and win the nomination even with everyone knowing what a terrible candidate she would be. This is just not a very good field, and it is probably a direct result of the party clearing the way for Clinton in 2016 which prevented any potential 2020 candidates from establishing themselves.

#12311 Clutch, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it was just the utter infatuation the Dems had with Obama. Not too many politicians could give a speech that way. Bill Clinton had charisma an easily bested Dole. Also, times are different. Before social media, we only got to see them on the news and in the paper. Now we are completely inundated with no respite. Every little thing is a thing now.

13. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a feeling that we're probably going to end up with a nominee that looks a lot more like Kerry or Dole than Obama or Clinton or Reagan. When was the last time a Democrat was elected president without being particularly likable? Truman?

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Something, something... Democrats fall in love... Republicans fall in line.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a quippy oversimplification, but it bears out that left-wing ideology tends to appeal to emotion-driven people, while right-wing ideology tends to appeal to reason-driven people. Imagine that two people see a homeless person on the side of the road. One of them empathizes and feels bad for him. The other realizes that the stranger is more likely than the average person to try and rob him. They are both correct, and you could probably pretty accurately place them on the political spectrum based on those reactions. Newt Gingrich's single big accomplishment was bringing a chunk of reliable emotion-driven voters into the Republican fold.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have not found this to be true. Both sides are highly emotion driven, but I would argue that right-wing ideology is more fear and hatred driven, which does not require you feel any particular positive feelings toward your own candidate, just to hate and fear the opposition. This is why they show up every time; the "enemy" never changes.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The sad reality is that faced with these facts, a lot of people are going to blame the courts and say everyone's out to get trump and all these conspiracy theories, rather than face the fact he's being fined a relatively low amount for running his charity as a political slush fund.

Trump has made people go full-retard.

18. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed. All you have to do to know this is true is spend 5 minutes browsing /r/the_donald. Actually, an even more clear cut example is to watch Infowars. I've never seen a more rational and logical explanation of policy than when Donald Trump was interviewed by Alex Jones.

19. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This person is being sarcastic, right? Right, everyone? u/Gravy is a sarcastic and funny fucker and they're taking the piss, they're cracking wise, yes? Please tell me this is a case of the ol' "oops I forgot the /s" here?

Fuck. I hate living in a world where this could legitimately be a serious comment.

20. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The board knows I'm being sarcastic, but they wouldn't say I'm funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.