Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What you’re saying about being a quiet sanders voter is what a lot of people were to Trump in 2016. They wanted a little chaos to shake shit up not realizing what was in store. Or maybe they knew?

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean the article just posted a vague outline of his voting record. I’m sure 100% of Republicans voted against those laws. Article implies if he didn’t tow the left’s party line you’re an anti gay bigot. No where did I see he was outspoken on the floor with impassioned speeches about it as the irony you guys are taking out of it. Ted Haggard bloviated about it and he ended sucking some dick while on crystal. THAT is some hypocrisy.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Not to play devil's advocate, but I kinda feel bad for people in that spot. In order to stay in office they have to do what the voters want. If there wasn't support for them voting anti-LGBTQwhatever letter now, they wouldn't do it. But they want to stay in office, so you need to do what you were elected to do. Which is vote in accordance with party lines/where your voters want you to vote. Sometimes that goes against who they are as a person, and they have to hide it. Must feel fucking horrible.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Haggard will always be the ultimate example of platform hypocrisy. It was almost too perfect.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read his coming out letter, and it sounds less like someone who simply wants to share their experiences, and more like a screed written against everyone he believes wronged him. If you're going to be a politician, you need to accept that the media isn't always going to fairly represent you. You're a member of congress, not a victim. Besides, maybe all those jokes were in reference to the fact that being gay was obvious to everyone except you. How do you say the 'woke media' is a joke and then a couple sentences later complain about them dog whistling you? That's not dog whistling, that's blaring a siren at what a hypocritical douche bag you are. Shut the fuck up.

The investigations that forced him out of office (totally false and made up!) raise a few questions. Why did they continue so long after you left office if they were only politically motivated? Why did you have to leave office to take the heat off if there was nothing for the investigators find? Yeah, I don't know enough about the background to say he's guilty, but his own recollection of events doesn't exactly scream innocent.

He refused to take any meaningful accountability for the fact that he repeatedly voted against gay rights. Ok, Obama didn't support gay marriage when he took office, but he was a lot friendlier to the gay community than you were, which was openly hostile. He also didn't have to start sucking dick before he realized a few of his stances (in your case every stance) was wrong. His argument is basically that this distant memory, err a few years ago was a different time and everybody should just forget about it.

Finding out that the team of assholes you played for won't accept you anymore because you're a faggot now isn't necessarily going to help you grow as a person. Now, he's just a scumbag who happens to suck dick.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I had to kind of laugh at this...

89035966_2698007183802315_730160516382588928_n.jpg

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reminds me of the time when, as Governor of Texas, Rick Perry called for a day of prayer to end the droughts plaguing the state. God responded by setting Texas on fire.

11. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

[​IMG]

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He even filled the Houston Texans stadium for a prayer. You see, when you do it in a concentrated mass, the signal is much stronger and that way God won’t lose you on his cellphone.

....and as you said, the drought nearly quadrupled within a few weeks.

I don’t know how Americans can look at a photo like that and not become drowned in embarrassment. A bunch of old retards trying to literally perform magic. What the FUCK is in the water down there....

13. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lead. Lots and lots of lead. And industrial runoff.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can I blurt something out? Ummm, you all do realize Joe Biden has dementia, right? I don't mean that as an attack on him, I mean that as in, you are seeing the same things I'm seeing, right? Maybe you haven't listened to him very much lately. After all, he is kind of hard to listen to, isn't he?

These are not gaffes. You are watching his brain slowly die throughout this election, and while I'm not a doctor, I'll wager a guess that this isn't going to get better. When the campaign season started I thought, as a lot of voters apparently still do that Biden was the ultimate safe choice. He would have a few missteps, but hit more than enough checks in the likeable column to make up for it more often than not. Just left enough that he could take a few strong stances and get voters excited, but not far enough that he was going to scare them away. He had the name recognition, experience, connections; maybe not a perfect candidate, but a pretty fucking safe one if all you wanted to do was beat Trump. When his campaign took a tumble out of the gate, I figured maybe his acumen just wasn't there, and he was probably listening to terrible advice from people who thought you could win both the primaries and the general by doing nothing other than shouting "Trump bad!" Well, you watch him for awhile and it looks like a lot more than that.

For the people that are still voting Biden because they think he's the 'safe one', the guy who can't lose - you look at Biden and think "This guy is going to take the fight to Trump." Trump looks at Biden and thinks "Lick my fucking lips." One of you is right, and I'm sorry to say it's not you. The media is already trying to figure out how they can work with this. I sincerely believe that they think because Trump says all kinds of crazy incoherent nonsense that they actually can get around this. It's the battle of the old people! It'll be funny! There's just one slight problem. TRUMP DOESN'T HAVE DEMENTIA. And dementia isn't all that funny either.

I think there are a lot, and I mean a lot of voters that legit don't understand how big of a problem this is because they're so stuck between a 'nothing matters anymore' mindset and another mindset where they believe the Trump that only drools on himself, has never had a rational thought or real strategy is his life is the real Trump. They think the only people Trump can draw into the voting booth are racists and people so stupid they could barely be considered literate, so if they lose at this point it's not even their fault anyway, and besides, just noooo fucking way it happens again. I have to emphasize that this is not reality. No matter how poorly he explains it at times, Trump really does have a platform, and while the culture war is his mainstay and angle of attack, he even has some unrelated victories, particularly in the last year to stand behind. And then don't forget about the things he's going to get way more credit for than he deserves, like the employment numbers.

I am just in awe at what is happening. This party, who insisted that their one and only goal was beating Trump are on the verge of picking someone whose mind is quite literally falling apart right in front of them. In all seriousness, I think even in these circumstances Biden still has a shot, in an election that is going to be more surreal than I can imagine right now.

Btw, I'm not attacking Biden for his dementia, mostly it's sad to watch, I'm just saying I don't get the party decision making here. I don't fully respect his record in office, but I see him mostly as a well meaning man who felt he had to play the game more often than he wanted to to get ahead, and frankly that's probably true. Stuff like helping his sons' businesses is shady for someone holding that kind of office, but it doesn't exactly make him the devil. Whether Biden was that sharp on policy while in good health or if he would so much as know what the fuck he was doing at all if elected president is a whole other can of worms. Only in America, eh?

15. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I don't think it's dementia inasmuch as him being gaffe prone his entire career, a stuttering speech impediment, combined with regular old. Honestly who knows anymore.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's dementia. If you watch him you'll notice how different it is from his back in the day gaffes. He's plain confused a lot of the time, not just misspeaking.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

After seeing the results of the last election, I wasn't aware that mental illness was a disqualifier?

Over the past several years I have had two grandparents die from dementia and resulting complications. My wife's grandfather, who also died during this period, had it as well though it had not progressed to the point theirs had (cancer ultimately killed him). I watched my grandparents go from lively and loving and nurturing, wonderful people, into a grandmother and grandfather who no longer knew my name. Who could no longer understand where they were or what was going on around them. My grandmother became what is known as a "sundowner," and she'd pace the halls of her house at night looking like a werewolf, convinced someone or something was out to get her. Dementia is a long and slow and absolutely horrendous disease and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. And I can assure you, at least from everything I have seen up until now, Biden does not have dementia.

He isn't as sharp as he used to be. He certainly isn't the greatest public speaker. I'm sure everyone who's been in the public eye for that long has made more than a few gaffes, including on camera. But stating that someone has a serious mental disease as a fact, is dangerous armchair psychology at best, if not plain willful ignorance of what the disease actually looks like.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dangerous how? Do you think people aren't going to notice this? Let me ask you something. Have you watched Biden? I'm not talking about a video clip, or a brief interview where he answers a couple questions, I mean sat down and listened to him speak for 30 minutes straight. It's not a misstep here, a gaffe there, he is really having a hard time.
    The campaign is actively trying to work around it. They are severely limiting his interviews and public speaking. The Biden camp is well aware that he has a problem, and are trying to propel him in based on the strength of his reputation and hoping he has enough in the tank to come out and bludgeon Trump a few times. That's a damn big risk if you ask me.
    This WILL be a huge issue going into the general election. Go watch Biden clobber Sarah Palin and Paul Ryan in the debates and watch him now. It's not just being old and not the razor sharp young gun he used to be.

And yeah man, I'm not a doctor. I'm not 100% sure it's dementia, or just something similar, and I have no idea how much this will affect him 6 months from now, but it's clearly affecting him right now. I'll bet you that telling people they "aren't a doctor" and thus not qualified to notice his mental state is deteroriating while simultaneously shaming them for their low ball attacks will be the eventual dem strategy. I don't think that's going to work very well. This is going to be a shit show.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This sounds like so much rationalization to me. Call me crazy, but the guy looks like he can hardly make it through a conversation. Scripted, not scripted, morning, night; I don't think it's going to make a difference. In 3 months fox news and every other conservative outlet are going to be hammering the ever loving shit out of him over this, and they won't be wrong because nominating a senile man because he's the only one who can win is pretty stupid.

How do you think Biden is going to counter this? Total shift in campaign strategy? Get out there and show the people how fit for office you really are. I doubt it...

20. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seems like a load of horseshit to me, honestly. Nobody appears to give a shit about Trump's incoherent ramblings in as much as people seem to either enjoy making fun of him for it, or say how fucking demented he is. Seriously, read a transcript of anything he's said in public since he's taken office. At this point, I don't think it matters to most voters.