Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not that it was a surprise, but this is going to end very poorly for either the Republicans or the country.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The 5 people who were still paying attention to this are outraged.

I mean, holy shit, it's like they can get away with anything now...

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This kind of surprises me. 538 now has Sanders as the runaway favorite, with about a 50/50 shot to win the primary. Next closest is Biden at 20%. Everyone else is basically off the map as far as their odds are concerned.

Obviously Nate Silver knows way, way more about election polling and odds than pretty much everyone, but still, I can't help but wonder if maybe he's giving a little too much weight to the Iowa results. Do they really matter that much? I don't get how he can have Biden the favorite and then have his chances plummet after Iowa when the results are about what he himself expected. Biden wasn't expected to do well in Iowa and Sanders was so how does that completely change the overall odds when it happens? Not to mention Biden is still (albeit slightly) ahead in the national polls. I don't get how you can be that big of an underdog to someone you are beating in the polls, even if the map slightly favors your opponent.

All that said, as someone who really doesn't want Biden to win I'll take it as a good sign.

4. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Can we start the next democratic debate with a math test? Just for funsies. I wanna see.

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Bloomberg can now make the next debate thanks to a rule change. The rule change just happens to go into effect for the first debate after he joined the race and benefits the only candidate who donated 300k to the dnc and 800k to a dnc super pac. Of course, thinking those two things might be related is being a conspiracy theorist according to some, but then that would also make several of the democrat candidates conspiracy theorists...

In other news I am truly amazed that Hillary Clinton STILL will not shut the fuck up about the Bernie bros and blaming everyone else for her losing last election. There has never been a losing candidate who whined this often and for this long. Not even candidates like Al Gore who actually had good reason to bitch. I'm hoping this election cycle is the last we will ever hear of her. It has gotten to the point where even delusional party loyalists like Bill Maher are telling her to fuck off. I am convinced that the last thing on her bucket list is making sure there isn't a single human being left on the face of the earth that can fucking stand her.

7. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

She also demanded that Facebook and Twitter remove a video of her ripping up the speech and was shot down by both companies. Granted, the video her staff demanded be removed was altered to make it look like she was ripping it up during Trump saluting the Tuskegee Airmen, but she is starting to lose it.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just figured she was doing that stuff because acting like a childish idiot is something most of the electorate applauds now. Anyone remember her 'sarcastic clap' moment? She does stupid shit like this kind of a lot.

Trump just got his highest approval rating ever from the lastest gallup polls. I'm kind of surprised this happened now instead of after the release of the Mueller report. Say what you will about the impeachment scandal, but at least it appears Trump actually did something questionable.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While on this subject, is anyone else kind of concerned about this increasing clamor from the left for the government to determine real news from fake news? Ok, so that Pelosi video is misleading, but these are the exact same jackasses that still think anyone pointing out that the DNC was clearly favoring Hillary in 2016 are conspiracy theorists, any claims of her being corrupt is fake news, and that this one time a Trump staffer met an Israeli who this one time met a Russian is irrefutable proof of a grand collusion scheme. You're going to tell me these fucking dumbasses should be in charge of determining what sort of speech is 'real enough' to be allowed? Fuck off. I don't really think this is going to go very far anyway, but the delusional fucking entitlement from these idiots is really annoying. Next time don't nominate someone most of the country hates and take some accountability for once.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The supercuts that could be made of actual news outlets doing 10xs worse would be endless. Lets put in footage of a Kentucky Machine Gun event into Kurdish fighting! Wait no that was a mistake we just didn't do our usual due diligence in sourcing the footage (which is an even worse excuse).

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So she requested Facebook and Twitter remove intentional slander. God forbid.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, can’t have her sterling, upstanding reputation tarnished. Better people just think she’s a bitter hag for ripping it up for the original reason.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've literally not heard of this video from my "favorite commentators," it was Juice who said it was timed to look like she ripped it up during the moment in the speech about the Tuskegee Airman.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Aetius is right, I brought it up and it absolutely is slander (or maybe more accurately, defamation). Not that I enjoy defending Pelosi, but the video was definitely doctored.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because Juice is no fan of Pelosi and isn't one to involve himself in "leftist histrionics" on her behalf?

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It was made by Turning Point USA and was tweeted by Trump around 1130 this morning. Turning Point is run by probably the most obnoxious conservative on Earth. He reminds me of the one time I went to a College Republicans meeting and never went again. It’s full of people like Charlie Kirk, and his org does this kind of shit all the time.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's be fair. It's not just leftist histrionics. The right does this kind of shit too. Remember when Trump used to whine about the internet being unfair to him and it was the most ridiculous thing ever? That is how it should have stayed.

I don't get how any of these people chose to become politicians if they are going to be so bothered by stuff like this.

Also, this video would have been forgotten in about 2 days if Pelosi wasn't drawing so much attention to it.

I don't care how fake, or misleading, or whatever the fuck a clip of someone is, demanding a video of you briefly trending on twitter be taken down when you are a public figure makes you look like a whiny idiot.

Besides, Pelosi ripped up the speech because she wanted people to see her do it. Well, now they will. No one should be impressed by her acting like an uncivilized cunt anyway. Lowering yourself to Trump style antics doesn't make you better than Trump.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At least we got a shitload of memes out of it, including the evergreen "Charlie Kirk's face photoshopped to be slightly smaller than it really is, creating an uncanny valley effect with his normal sized head."