Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

This just isn’t correct. Many conclusions around the accuracy of a particular poll are more related to confirmation bias rather than A sound mathematical approach = an accurate indicator of outcome. The argument you’re making about Hillary winning the popular vote is a perfect example.

Even if you had the latter in every poll that’s ever completed, they still aren’t good indicators of voting habits outside of the exit polls and maybe the few weeks before an election. Quinnepiac is considered one of the gold standards of polling, Rasmussen and Gallup are much less so. The reason there is a ton of variables that are considered as polls are developed, planned and executed. A good pollster will consider their own bias and factor that into it, error margins included. That kind of care just doesn’t happen with the vast majority.

If Politician A does Thing B in the morning, how accurate is the poll that asks if Thing B was a good thing when it’s taken in the afternoon?

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, but that doesn't make the polling wrong, it makes the pundit inserting their own bullshit guesswork into the poll numbers wrong. If you read something like HuffPo's explanatiom of why their 2016 predictions were so off they say things like "All my friends were voting Hillary so I underestimated Trump's rural support." It's no great mystery why 'experts' like that fuck up on the regular, and it's not the fault of the polling itself.

If you approach polls as what you want them to be, or want them to say instead of what they are, then yeah, under those circumstances they're totally worthless.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Rogan responds to the Sanders stuff. He's response to people getting up about him is funny, and then he makes good points.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't post a link at the moment, but some of the clips from the last CNN debate blew my mind. The part where the moderator is badgering Bernie about being a misogynyst was so blatantly out of bounds for a debate host. It was the most shameful, unprofessional shit I have ever seen in that kind of setting for ANY debate, let alone a presidential one.

That news network should not be hosting any debates ever again. They have done so much shady unethical bullshit around them I don't get how the fuck they are still allowed to host.

I think their success in convincing retards that Gabbard was a secret republican Russian and white supremacist has convinced them to try the same bullshit with Bernie, but the problem they are going to keep running into is that people already know Bernie. That wasn't really the case with Gabbard.

Edit: It's worth noting that the DNC banned fox news from hosting any democrat debates because, I shit you not "they aren't fair and neutral". You can't make this shit up. Now, I don't think Fox is fair and neutral at all, but I've never seen them pull even a fraction of the shit CNN does. Not in regards to the debates at least.

#11904 Kampf Trinker, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My favourite thing to come out of it is Rogan’s huge following are now turning the tables and shouting down anyone attacking Sanders.
    These ducking people along with the DNC have not atoned for what they did to Sanders last election, so them being blasted from all sides is just fine by me. They’re a ducking embarrassment and I sure wouldn’t want them in my party.

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love how they cry victim every time they get called on their bullshit too. The roving bullying Bernie bro gang (Sanders is actually leading with women at the moment).

It's kind of funny how hard the sexism scandal stuff is backfiring on Warren. She really had a good shot at winning before she totally fucked her campaign with these stunts.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As usual, the circular firing squad will always be the death of the Dems. The meaningless purity tests mixed with the Bernie people, which Bernie has kinda sorta told to chill out, are fucking things up.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Between the nonstop hit jobs and DNC fuckery the Bernie people have a right to bitch. True, Bernie is a threat to change the party, but is that really a bad thing when it's a corporate identity politics corrupt fucking mess like it obviously is?

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I compare this to beating up your own teammates in spring training. They are so focused on achieving that ultimate power they forget they’re still in the same “team” when the primaries end. Then they fake-endorse the winner, and the mudslinging they used to discredit each other is now passed on to the GOP to be weaponized.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Bill Clinton in all his personal faults did not go negative in the primaries and won as an underdog with shitty prospects. His wife didn’t choose such scrutiny and blasted Obama in her first primary, who in return didn’t blast back and mopped the floor with her.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No. They are a mess, they need to pull the chute and let Sanders win because he is the honest-to-god only hope for the DNC to beat Trump. And they refuse to accept this, and would rather force-feed one of their boring corporate shills to MAYBE win and give you another four years of indifference.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They drop the requirements for the rich white guy right after Harris, Booker and Castro drop out. Sounds pretty racist.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence just like it is any other time. Now shut the fuck up before Clinton’s wetboy has you in a rifle’s crosshairs.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Their bullshittery fucking sucks sometimes. But I just saw a poll that showed Bernie and Yang supporters are far more likely to take their ball and go home if they aren’t the candidate. I get why people like the things he says but they need to realize that very few of them will ever get through Congress. So when their student loans don’t magically vanish and Medicare for all doesn’t just materialize out of thin air, what will they say? Their scorched earth way of thinking will only help to give Trump a second term.

The end of the day, most all of the GOP voters circle the wagons around the candidate who won the primaries, hold their nose and vote. If enough Bernie supporters can’t do the same if he isn’t the nominee, we will have learned nothing.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but dude, what even is the difference between Trump and Biden? Obamacare costs $800 a month instead of $850? We burn 3% less coal? The media pretends black people are free again (like anything even happened on the first place)? 90% of this alleged massive difference between a corporate dem and corporate republican is just the media making shit up. There is a reason these companies give millions to both parties in the same election cycle.

Bernie isn't going to fix corruption, but it's a fucking start at least. You have to start somewhere if you want to ever get anywhere.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

i think there’s probably a bit more difference between trump and Biden — one is clinically insane after all — but your point that most of the candidates are basically the same politicians is a good one.

Maybe the Rogan effect is that he’s getting more people to actually look at Bernie and listen to him than otherwise would just write him off... I know he made me give the dude another shot once I looked up what he actually wanted instead of what people said

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like how Buttigieg did a victory speech despite there being no results. While I don't personally like candidates like Yang I at least get why someone would as they have a unique platform, but the appeal of candidates like Buttigieg makes no sense to me.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don’t know why the Democrats even bother with a primary process. It all comes down to who can suck off the Superdelegates the best.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The primaries in general are stupid. Iowa is voting by caucus instead of you know, just voting. What the hell for? Out of state voters have to pre-register a 'satellite precinct' and then all 'satellites' get lumped together as an 'at large county'. What the fuck is an at large county? Seriously, half of the time you read these rules you don't even know what the fuck they're talking about. Why do states have so many wildly different and aburdly complicated rules? The fact that there's sometimes rules designed to nullify the vote entirely makes it even dumber.

I can't really say I'm too surprised the people that come up with these moronic systems can't figure out how to tally the votes either.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alex Jones is now claiming if Trump gets aquitted he might sell Alaska to Russia in exchange for help in 2020. Sorry, I meant Adam Schiff. I sense another pulitzer up for grabs!