Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I dont get what the big deal is? It just spun an existing arm of the Air Force into its own (somewhat) autonomous branch.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The “big deal” is that this is satire come to life and nobody THINKS it’s a big deal. Did I mention the logo is the same as Star Trek’s? And that you guys (or any guys) don’t fight in space? And you never will?

my question is: why aren’t people laughing at this even harder? NASA already exists. NORAD already exists. DEFCON already exists. So you have everything covered. So “uselessness” and “waste of billions of dollars” springs to mind instantly. “Space Force” means your country aims to put soldiers in space to, I don’t know, be on guard in case the bad guys from Moonraker show up. This isn’t astronomy it's the armed forces, which means somebody in your government is under the assumption you’ll be having war in space. You would create an Armed Forces branch for something unless you planned on fighting with it. You guys are still trying to recover from embarrassment after one of your presidential nominees promised a moon base if elected (and nearly won) you don’t need this.

This is lame lame lame lame lame.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When the Vetruvians start invading with their photon torpedoes and all our laser blaster technology is decades behind, don't come crying to get a seat on my worm hole rocket

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It might be the excuse you need to finally create laser guns.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I better get my BlasTech Industries DL-44 before the gun control lobby gets wind of them.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You’ll be fine, as long as you don’t add a bump-fire stock. After that you’re just a crazy person.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

their uniforms are camo

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So.... black with little white dots?

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The continued design, operation and deployment of military, scientific and civilian-use satellites are not covered centrally outside of a side function of the Air Force, which the AF has been offsetting the budget against every year. This gives that purpose its own budget track and it’s the primary reason it was spun off. Plus it begins the slow transition of missile command to another entity. It’s really not that absurd.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep. Space Force was already a thing, really, it’s just the naming and media branding that has made it into something that may seem absurd or funny.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It seems like bells and whistles for nothing. The name is goofy. The Star Trek symbol is goofy, and and they had a chance here to change it. Nobody is going to be able to put ANYTHING in space for much longer if those morons blow any more shit up in the exosphere. There is already well over a quarter million unstoppable ninja stars travelling around faster than bullets and it keeps getting added to.

all these space-forces should be teaming up to figure up how to clean up that mess floating around. Or eventually nobody will have digital, and nobody will be leaving this planet.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's fucking laser them out of space.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dearly hope the undershirt is red.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Solutions like this is why Im not scurred of global warming.

15. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuck am I reading.
    upload_2020-1-29_14-32-52.png

So, anything Trump does is in the public interest and isn't illegal as long as he believes it? If we use this airtight logic, he could order the military's special forces to assassinate Democratic presidential candidates and not be held responsible for it, because he thinks Democrats are alllllllll evil.

I can't wait for this administration to be over.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So, how many Native reservations has Elizabeth Warren campaigned at during the primary? These are, after all, her people.

Like Not-So-Good-At-Being-A-Mayor Pete, I still have no fucking clue why she’s still around. Or why democrat voters like her, considering she’s a charisma-free pathological mud-slinging shitstain liar. Also, she looks like she should be abusing female prisoners in a B-movie.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, if you could actually vote in our election, who would you vote for?

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I know that wasn't directed at me but I've been struggling with this a bit. As much as I absolutely cannot fucking stand trump, if Biden doesn't get the nomination.... I'm not sure there's someone who's less worse than him?

I mean MAYBE Warren, but with her it's the devil-you-know kinda thing vs. trump. And there's no way in hell I'm voting for bernie. As much as I like the guy, his politics are so far off he's the only one I'd vote for trump over just so he doesn't get my vote.

So third party candidate? If I had to pick a party it'd be libertarian, though I don't agree with some of their more extreme views. But that's basically like throwing your vote away (as much as a vote really matters anyway in texas). Just abstain on the top of the ticket and vote down ballot?

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's at least a couple reasons. She has a somewhat strong legislative record, both in terms of supporting her constituents/focusing on what she campaigned for, and actually getting it done. You know why we now have a consumer protection bureau? Pretty much just because of Warren. Secondly, if you listen to her talk nuts and bolts on finance, banking, fiscal policy, etc you'll see she's one of the smartest candidates running. I would argue that at a minimum you'd at least have to accept she's the most knowledgable.
    I was going to vote for her, even with her constant shenanigans, but they eventually became too much. The breaking point for me is that she's now talking about how it's the government's job to fight disinformation, and among other things force social media conglomerates to police their speech. It's such a terrible, dangerous idea, and it's at that point where social justice ideas stop being merely annoying and actually become a little scary. The fact that people think they have a right to police speech (and yes, that is the essential concept, no matter how much they dance around it) really shows just how fucked that ideology has gotten. Warren has also recently invented a Bernie misogyny scandal that isn't even a little bit believable, and made up a story about getting fired from a job when she was young because she was pregnant. She was offered a contract extension by the school, and chose to resign because of her pregnancy, but focusing on motherhood isn't cool enough anymore or something so she decided to make up some victim bullshit.

Well, if you really don't like the ideas being proposed by most of the candidates you probably SHOULD vote for Biden. If Biden wins I would be completely shocked if there was so much as even one substanital piece of legislation passed during his tenure. He is the ultimate path to nothingville.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Non-voting felon, here!

In the past, I always "threw my vote away" and voted Libertarian.

These days, I just want Trump out, and I want all of the corporate shills out of Congress/ Senate.

With that said, I'd probably vote for any Democrat, just to get Trump out of office (although as 'Nerds stated, Texas votes don't really count for much...).
    Of the Democratic candidates, I would actually say Bernie has the best shot, and I'd vote for him.

Remember, no matter how "out there" his ideas are,
    1) He's a politician making promises. I think we've all seen this in our lives (aren't we all at least 30 now?)
    2) The "old-guard", be they Dems or Reps, won't want to work with him, thereby keeping him from doing anything too extreme.
    3) He's not Trump